main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 2017 Celebrity Deadpool (Winner: VadersLaMent!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Dec 31, 2016.

1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I don't remember Judge Wapner being in that one.

Juke Skywalker and Rylo Ken like this.
  2. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Bill Pullman was.

3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Heard about Bill Paxton. Way too young. Rest in Peace sir @};- Thank you for some great characters in fun movies.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Joseph Wapner

Rain Man definitely can't watch him at 4 pm anymore.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

He was the start of the proliferation of those bad "reality" TV small claims court shows.

6. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I watched the full run of Big Love a couple of years ago. Living with him over fifty to sixty episodes was a great way to really get an idea of Paxton's craft. He was a great actor in every way.

I'd like to mention a couple of performances that haven't come up yet (along with Big Love). He's great in a fairly small part in Edge of Tomorrow as a fanatical military man that wakes Tom Cruise up every day. Live Die Repeat now? Whatever. You know the one. And also a really taut neo noir from the late nineties (?) called One False Move in which he's the affable sheriff of a small town, but then the past comes back to haunt him and then three killers are on the road heading straight for his town. Billy Bob Thornton is also quite good in it as one of the villains. Great movie that never gets talked about.

Wonderful, wonderful actor.

7. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    He was just on the Marc Maron podcast too, three weeks ago, which made his death come as even more of a surprise.

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  9. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
  10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  11. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
  12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  13. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I couldn't have told you the name of the guy who created the GPK before, but I can sure name my fair share of the GPK themselves. I absolutely loved GPK as a kid. Still do. I spent every nickel I could scrape up on them. Today I have Series 2-8 of the original sets thanks to eBay (those first two series go for well over $100 each today) and have picked up some of the newer ones as well. Some fantastic artwork on them.

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I do seem to recall they had a Donald Trump one...

15. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I still have all of mine from when I was a kid. Perhaps today we should watch the movie. j/k

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    That's a heartbreaker right there. I have a huge passion for film, obviously, and a lot of it really shaped and grew while watching Turner Classic Movies, which is maybe the best television channel in history. I saw so many great films on that channel and I learned a lot; I even learned the difference in pan-and-scan and widescreen on that channel and why widescreen is the way to go. This was YEARS ago. And Osborne was just the perfect host; he had this warm avuncular presence where he would give you a lot of information about film and why different movies were important, but he didn't feel like a teacher or even a scholar; his knowledge was incredible, but he felt like he was just chatting with you, not teaching you.

19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  20. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
  21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  22. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017
    This is so sad, Sergey Gimaev died today, he was one of the legends of Soviet hockey, and the CSKA team especially
    [​IMG]

He was a great player, and after he retired from the rink, became an even greater coach, as well as commentator
    [​IMG]
    led his beloved CSKA to many victories, and even coached the national team for awhile.

He loved visiting the youth teams
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He still enjoyed playing too, even won championship on a team in the Legends League (special league for famous old players, they hold annual events and such)
    [​IMG]
    He even died playing hockey, today, was participating in a charity game with some other old Legends, in the city of Tula, felt unwell, left the ice, went back to dressing room. They called him an ambulance, but the medics could not save him. Heart, supposedly.

He was 62 years old.

His son, Sergey Gimaev Jr, now also plays for dad's old team, CSKA
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully he too will go on to become a great legend, like his old man :)

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Wow. I checked it and his wiki was not updated and another link called it a hoax along with a few others. Now his wiki entry is updated too. It's amazing watching it spread that fast.