main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena FIA Formula 1 Racing

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 31, 2013.

1. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Wow, Vettel is apologizing to Weber at the PK. With alot of ifs and buts.

Lauda on German TV taking Vettel to task, said Vettel should have given an unconditional apology, end of story.

2. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    If looks could kill, Vettel would have been stone dead during that podium interview! [face_laugh]

Thats one unhappy Aussie.

How funny was it when Lewis pulled into the McLaren garage?[face_rofl]

3. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Nothing from Ender since the race ended. I assume he's organizing an Aussie hit squad to take out Vettel.

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Ah look, it's racing and I feel for Mark and for Nico, I really do. Having said that - Seb is a racer and he did what racers do. Christian Horner had the right of it, but it was a dick move from Vettel when Webber turned the engine mode down...

5. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    I had tuned in very late and missed all but the last 3 laps or so. At first I thought Webber was being a bit whiney, but when he mentioned turning the engine down it was pretty clear Vettel had pulled a total **** move.

6. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
  7. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    A bit off topic, but the trailer for Rush, about the Lauda-Hunt rivalry and Lauda's crash has been released.

My excitement is admittedly a bit tempered by the fact that Ron Howard is directing, so the movie may actually have nothing to do with the true story.

8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yah I saw the trailer and would love to see this film. It looks amazing.

Predictions for China? With Rosberg topping P1 and Massa topping P2, it could be anyone's grid but I think Alonso will be pushing hard for a win after Malaysia...

9. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I'm hoping for Vettel and Webber to be neck and neck with 5 laps to go

Piltdown likes this.
  10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Vettel's shot himself in the foot with the fake contrition and subsequent about face. He won 2012 with a tiny margin over Alonso, and so if it's that tight this year his team mate has not only no reason to help, but an active reason not to help him. Not even withstanding Webber's friendship with Alonso, even. 2013 is going to be a fun season.

11. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Good race. Alonso in a class of his own today.

Surprised that the Lotus and Mercedes seem to be pretty pacy on multiple tracks. Looks like Vettel will have his wok cut out to retain his title this year, IMO.

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Kimi was losing .25 seconds a lap due to the damage he suffered. Phenomenal drive to take second - he possibly could have challenged Alonso...

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Perez is racing Jensen ridiculously. Hit him once and almost took him out. Like the kid, but he's gonna catch some flack.

Awesome to see Di Resta and FI running well.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Agreed on both cases. I felt so bad for di Resta missing that podium but it seemed his pace in the first two stints couldn't hold for the last one.

And Checo, Jesus! Cool your jets, that's your team leader and team mate there. What will forcing him off the track do except annoy a lot of people.

I'm wondering if the infamously touchy Webber KERS crapped itself during the end of the race; losing places to Hamilton and Perez at the end was not like him.

Great drive from Alonso, with no DRS.

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Yep, I agree, ES- Mark was fighting Hamilton for a few laps like his life depended on it, and then just suddenly could not hold him off in T3. Then Perez just eased by him, I bet there was something off. Report is Mark is meeting with RB ownership this week about his future.

And is it just me, or do we as race fans marvel at Alonso just about every race for what seems to always be a different reason- no question Seb is in a league of his own, but Fernando just refuses to let any malfunction or bad luck throw him off. The mark of an experienced and crafty driver.

Great for Lotus, word was that they needed some sponsorship attention, even though Kimi has been great. Also happy for Mercedes, even though Rosberg crapped out, the Hamilton finish was crucial. Best, of course was Paul di Resta- one of the best guys in the sport, so happy he got his day.

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I wish Webber had gone to Scuderia Ferrari this year, but I understand why he stayed at Red Bull. How wonderful would it have been to have Aussie Grit and Fernando Alonso celebrate their 200th GP as team mates?

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Webber's my favorite driver, so I'd love that. No question that he's miserable at RB, even though he gets the best equipment.

ES- What would you think of Kimi/Seb pairing next year at RB? NBC floated the idea during the race, that'd be a bizarrely awesome tandem, although I don't know that Kimi would want to play second fiddle much like Mark doesn't now.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Kimi/Seb is a dream pairing however, it's probably the same there as Alonso/Webber. They're good mates, would be a good team but why ruin the friendship by becoming direct competitors and rivals. Neither will want to be #2 driver.

Plus, I think the Lotus will only get better so Kimi will be best placed to challenge Vettel from where he is.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree. If Webber's going, I'd like to see RB go young, possibly Daniel Ricciardo. Then, you can eliminate the possibility of somebody feeling overshadowed, and instead let Vettel mentor. Even though Vettel is only a year older, I think.

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Seb is 25, Dan is I think 22 but yeah. Ricciardo has good quali pace and a complete pile of crap for a car. I've tried driving the STR in the Codemasters game, and whilst the pace can be unlocked on some circuits (I've only just upgraded to F1 2012 from F1 2012, so on my first career season - I did well at Monaco 9th, Canada 4th, and China 8th) it seems to have all kinds of issues with stability and downforce. JEV and Ricciardo can't therefore show their full potential though I note in GP2 Ricciardo managed to beat JEV, and that finish in China's pretty telling.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I play 2011 still, those are excellent racing games. Much better than their stock car counterparts. Shoot, I totally forgot about Vergne- there's another potential replacement for Mark.

Isn't Di Resta a "free agent" at the end of this year? India would take a huge hit if he left, but I could see him replacing Massa at Ferrari- I know they want Vettel, I can't just can't see him leaving, especially with the chances of 4 straight looking awfully good. I recall McLaren being connected with him last year as well over the Hamilton slot.

22. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh wow! An F1 forum! :D

Oh hold on, is this about the video games, and not the actual Formula One season?

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Nope, the actual thing. Just discussing the feel of one of the cars in the ultra-realistic games.

Massa quickest in practice, PDR strong again. I like Hamilton or Alonso to win.

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Stonking drive for Ricciardo so far.

Kimi solid for the win. Though how will Lotus go without James Allison?

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    NBC Sports has an incredible online presentation for F1, complete with P-in-P full track driver tracker that shows in the top right while the race is shown in HD.

I agree, ES, Raikkonen is looking very strong. As I write, he overtakes Seb. I hope those two Ferraris will work together at the front to make the second half of this race more exciting than the last few.

Ender_Sai What happened to Grosjean? Saying he went out early, I joined about 15 laps in and didn't catch anything on replay.

Fernando Alonso = the Dale Earnhardt, Jr. of Spain. Fans are on their feet! :p