main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena FIA Formula 1 Racing

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109619
    Red Bull confirms Daniel Ricciardo for F1 2014

By Jonathan Noble Monday, September 2nd 2013, 19:21 GMT

[​IMG]
    Daniel Ricciardo will be Sebastian Vettel's team-mate in 2014, after Red Bull announced him as its new driver on Monday.
    Following weeks of speculation about who would land the second seat at the reigning champion team, Red Bull confirmed Ricciardo on its own Servus TV channel.
    Ricciardo will follow in the footsteps of his Australian compatriot Mark Webber and makes the switch from Red Bull's junior team Toro Rosso.

The destiny of the Red Bull seat has been the focus of Formula 1's silly season for weeks, with Ricciardo heading off tough opposition from Kimi Raikkonen for the prized drive.
    Although he had been widely expected to get the drive ever since Raikkonen's management revealed last month that talks with the team had broken down, Red Bull still delayed announcing its decision.
    Team principal Christian Horner had suggested that the team wanted to know what other options were on offer - which included Raikkonen and an outside possibility of Fernando Alonso.
    Although suggesting in Belgium that an announcement may not happen until after this weekend's Italian Grand Prix, Red Bull has elected to confirm its plans now.
    Ricciardo will make the jump up to Red Bull after two full seasons with Toro Rosso, and a half campaign for the HRT team in 2011.

2. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  3. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    nice. let's hope Ferrari can put out a more competitive car for its now two great drivers.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Thats a phenomenal tandem for Ferrari.

5. Piltdown

Piltdown Jedi Master star 5

May 3, 2002
    I don't know if this will add a level of competition or take one away....

I guess it depends on how the team dynamics play out. And at what point in the season you're looking at...

At least some of my old Kimi hats will be less self-conflicting.

Ugh.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Looking forward to Singapore tomorrow, one of my favorite races to watch of the season.

Riccardo another top 10 qualifying run for 5th time in last 6 races, and PDR is having a brutal last month or so. Vettel to win, because he always does.

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah it';s like 2011 again; interest lies in watching what the rest of the field does.

I feel for PDR; ever since the tyre rule changes following Silverstone, Findia have struggled mightily.

And agreed; great work from Ricciardo!

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    This cost Mark Webber a 10-place grid penalty today:

[​IMG]

I get the safety side of it, but still seems like overkill.

Good race, I thought. I always prefer night racing, and it was exactly as you said, less about Vettel after he pulled away early, and more about the field.

Ender Sai- "Rush" opens up here this week- it's been open in select markets, didn't know if you've had a chance to see.

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    What? How?

Remember when Webber picked Alonso up like this in 2011? Yeah, me too.

Ridiculous.

10. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    It's his third infraction of the season, which means an automatic penalty.

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah I know, but still... it just seems so damned petty. And probably not what they intended the 3 strikes rule for.

So. I'm bored of Vettel dominating. Anyone else getting deja vu for 2011 again?

12. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Oh man, first race I've caught in forever. I remember watching Michael Schumacher dominate the field way back when I watched with my dad. God that must have been years ago.

But I still remember all these drivers from before, Alonso, Raikonen (sp?), god. I remember when I used to watch Hakinen and Shumacher duel it out.

Anyways it was interesting to watch again and see the strategy of the different teams, because when I was a kid I just couldn't comprehend why they would pit if they were in the top 3.

13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Strangely, though, in Codemaster's F1 2012 I can win on expert by a similarly commanding margin on that circuit. It just really suits my driving style (where Spa does not).

I felt sorry for Jenson Button the last stages of that race; dropping from 3rd all the way back down the field can't be fun.

14. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    So apparently Lauda decided to pull a little prank on an American reporter: a US morning show sent a reporter to interview Lauda at the curve on the Nürbergring where his infamous crash took place. Lauda, figuring the reporter was expecting him to get emotional and start crying, decided to throw her a curve ball. He took a croissant from the breakfast buffet at his hotel and left it laying in the grass next to the track. As the interview started and the cameras started recording, he told her to hold on a moment, walked over, picked up the croissant and said 'Oh look, here's my ear!'

15. Piltdown

Piltdown Jedi Master star 5

May 3, 2002
    That was the game they played with the pit choices. I don't think many people though that McLaren could pull it off... and even if they could, that would mean Lotus and Ferrari certainly could as well. I felt much worse for Grosjean and Webber. Both of whom drove reliably, held their ground for most of the race, and followed a solid strategy... only to suffer mechanical failures.

Particularly Grosjean's "Nooooooooooo" radio message. :(

At least he didn't crash and take out half the front field in Lap 1.

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Quali for4 Korea now on. Please Anyone But Vettel to win

heels1785 likes this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Agreed. But he's on the pole. Webber drops from 3rd to 13th for hitching a ride with Alonso last week..

Ender Sai, have you gotten a chance to look at the new F1 2013 game? Know you mentioned you were a fan of the series, had a chance to watch some gameplay on Youtube- looks like there's a new "classic mode" with older models. Looks sweet.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Not yet. But I will get it soon. In 2011 I went Force India to Lotus to Red Bull. In the 2012 game I went Toro Rosso, Sauber, McLaren. Goal for 2013 is to get a Ferrari drive.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Nice. Let me know what you think, I haven't upgraded from 2011, but I may this year.

20. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001

That is amazing. I love that man.

21. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Safety cars everywhere!!!

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    And fire cars!

Nice work by Sutil. The way I see it, he tried to do a bit of creative art. See, his car was a champagne flute, and Webber's car was Gerard Lopez' neck.

Idiot.

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Maria de Villota passed away. Tragic news.

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Despite a Vettel win (zzzzzz) Suzuka delivered. Great race.

heels1785 likes this.
  25. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    No one can boo a win like that.

Except maybe Webber.