main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 2017 Fitness Goals

Discussion in 'Community' started by anakinfansince1983 , Jan 1, 2017.

1. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Sarge likes this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Belated congrats to Mortimer Snerd and Sarge. That is so great to hear. I'm working on being positive and it's sticking. :) Lots of walking and getting back into stretching too. Also better food combining, hydration and a new natural alternative to thwart the arthritis in my wrist and sinus flare ups too.

My martial arts dream is still a dream, (knee joints aren't having it right now), but I will ease back into the videos I have in the Fall.

Mortimer Snerd, Sarge and Juliet316 like this.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Master_Lok, have I told you about my friend who uses a walker to help her stand while she fences? Determination and adaptability will do wonders. You can make it happen.

4. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Master_Lok thanks! And dreams can become reality if you want them to...nothing worth doing is easy. So kick copious amounts of ass!

Juliet316 and Master_Lok like this.
  5. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    More yoga, more bridges, more situps, more gin, less tobacco/more vape, less dairy, more cardio, 1 mountain.

I need to fix a knackered back/slipped disc(?), torn shoulder, stiff neck, RSI wrist, and some other minor stuff (lungs, kidneys, brain).

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm still having some problems with my back and hips but the disc disintegration is not at the level that the orthopedist initially thought and I don't need surgery, so that's good news. Still no running for right now but I'm back to swimming 1000 yards 3-4 times a week, hoping to increase that to a mile by the end of the summer, and get back on the stationary bike soon as well. I have been cleared to do a sprint triathlon in September.

I've also got some core-building exercises from the athletic trainer and those are no joke. My first round of them a few weeks ago left me going, You want me to hold the push-up position how long?

7. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    That's good to hear. Better to ease back into everything. Good luck with your sprint triathlon.

Planks are a great exercise to do.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

The PT sergeant says, "You're gonna hold that position until I get tired!"

9. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    So it turns out I have high cholesterol and a higher than normal BMI [face_sigh]. This is what happens when you refuse to look in the mirror for more than a few seconds all year long.

10. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    My psychological fitness goals continue to rise. So much happier and less stressful these days. Forcing myself to walk in the mornings during my longer, alternate commute this summer. Will start stretching again too.

I am absolutely thrilled at how calm and content I am in spite of real life stuff going on here. Using the Jade Gua Sha massage tools on my arthritic points and this stops my minor pains in their tracks instantly (takes serious repetition to come out of a more serious arthritic flare up). That gives me hope for eventual martial arts classes, may start with the videos again earlier than I thought. Using those tools zaps my sinus flare ups and allergies too; often within a few minutes. Working in tandem with my diet, better hydration and an understanding that the mind is big part of fitness, makes me a believer.

Sarge and Juliet316 like this.
  11. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I can run a 5:46 mile and I'm aiming to reach 5 minutes by the end of 2017.

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Athlete's foot sux. Tinactin is gold.

13. Black Leader

Black Leader Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 4, 2016
    anakinfansince1983 you've done triathlons, right ? I tried out my wetsuit at the beach last week. Found it quite constricting at back of my neck when I came out of the water. do you get that? A friend was telling me you can pull the neck down, let water in to reduce the tightness.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I haven't had that issue with my wetsuit but sounds like that trick would be worth a try; it might depend on the type of material it's made from.

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    My sister uses wetsuits for open water swims. I think she puts baby powder in them to reduce chafing.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Going for a run today. If you don't see me posting tomorrow, you'll know what happened.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm lifting as well as swimming and biking now, I've had good results adding 20 pounds per week (to the weights, not my body, shut up). I haven't picked an end goal for that yet, maybe 150 pounds.

18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

I would never think that about Ventress' avatar. Congrats. I'm stretching again, as well as walking. Got all excited when mom mentioned she wanted to try a Tai Chi-like exercise program and then did not order it. I just defeated another psychological block about my guilt over liking certain kinds of movies etc. Yeah, I know. :rolleyes: Keeping on my positivity streak, am learning to shut down negativity faster and simply walk away (when I can from those who are spouting it around me.)

Drawing has been a great help too, taking little risks with it and I just love having another creative outlet.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Ouuuuuch

Sarge likes this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

More lactic acid stretches, buddy?

21. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
    Well, I hit a great milestone this past weekend. This year I have lost 50 pounds. I can now bench press my own body weight too, which is something I have never been able to do. I hope to press 225 by September and 250 by Christmas.

Also anakinfansince1983 and Sarge as a diver I have always used horse mane conditioner in my wetsuits. It smells nice too.

22. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Okay, so here we go. As of yesterday at midnight, I will never eat the same way again. I have weight-loss surgery scheduled for July 25, and right now I'm on the 2-week liquid lead-up diet. It'll be nothing but liquids for something like 2 months, pre- and post- op, and then I get to add in more and more types of solid food. By autumn I should be able to eat real things again, but I'll never be able to eat like I once did. I'm going to miss food. I like food. But I expect I'll like being healthy better.

23. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
  24. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Mile road race in downtown Pittsburgh tonight, 5:37. I'll take it seeing as I haven't run this event in three years. Great thing about just one mile is about 15 seconds after it you're recovered.

Sarge and Juliet316 like this.
  25. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Just joined postnatal Pilates, and bought a baby carrier so I can start going for walks again. Hope this goes well! :)