main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Madness Has Begun!: NCAA Basketball Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dal--Intrepid, Nov 17, 2006.

1. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Worst zebra work I have seen in 5 years for the Badgers/Spartans game. Just horrible.

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Crazy game here in Durham last night... Duke was absolutely awful in the first half and was down 20 with 11 minutes to go... and finished the game on a 37-12 run to beat NC State. Game got really crazy early in the first half, when the refs decided to start calling everything a foul (physical contact not required)... players on both sides came close to getting T-ed up. Announcers were talking about how the refs were trying to call it tight to prevent anything from happening... except the emotion was ignited by such calls.

Also, South Carolina actually won a game this week, against Georgia! [face_dancing]

3. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Forgot to mention that Clemson beat 22 Virginia 60-48. Probably our 2nd best performance of the year. Hand cuffed Virginia all game

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    :( Cleveland State got pasted at home by Drexel during "Bracketbusters". I know this CSU team isn't as good as previous years (see the success of Norris Cole for proof), but geez, that was bad.

The main event, though, is tOSU travelling to visit TSUN in a big showdown for Big Ten, and NCAA, tournament seeding.

5. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    *squee*

Murray St. won again! And it was on ESPN!

6. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I don't even know why I was rooting for Murray State, considering how much I like Saint Mary's, but go Racers!

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I hope William Buford finds himself in the next few weeks. The Buckeyes simply cannot win anything of importance without him playing well. This team is not as good as last year's team - Craft's improvement has been nice, but it's more than offset by the loss of Lighty and Diebler. And, last year's team didn't even get to the Elite Eight. At some point in time, Matta needs to deliver on these highly talented regular season teams. Yes, the Oden-Conley-Cook team got to the finals, but beyond that, it's been third-round disappointment year after year. And, if not for a miracle shot by Mr. Lighty against Xavier, that year wouldn't have been any better.

8. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Marquette in the top 10. Very nice to see.

9. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Arrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhh! These big 10 Refs hate Bo.

10. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Good win for Duke yesterday at FSU, though I didn't get to watch :(

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'll be at work during the game, but ...

BEAT WISCONSIN!

William Buford's final home game. Probably Jared Sullinger's too (though, I said that last year). Crowd should be fired up. Oh, and it's Wisconsin, who I think we hate (in basketball) just a bit more than we hate TSUN.

12. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    UConn played well last night, but couldn't quite pull it out at the end. What a shame. First time 'Cuse has ever won at Gampel, and the last time they'll probably ever play there.

13. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Tough afternoon for Duke yesterday, but able to pull it out in OT against VaTech. Gotta play much, much better than that next Saturday.

14. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    UNC had a tough one, too. UVA played the Heels really tight.

15. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    BADGERS! Wooot!

Love it when the Badgers take down the Buckeyes.

16. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Seriously, Wisconsin? Seriously? I love the Packers, why you gotta be like this bro?

17. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    On Wisconsin!

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Dear Ohio State,

In the future, please knock down your ****ing free throws.

Thanks,

Inty

19. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Dear UCLA and Ben Howland,

Haha!

20. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Duke did a nice job of watching a 23 point lead evaporate in a few minutes (19-2 runs will do that...), but at least did manage to hang on and win. 8-0 on the road in ACC play... only 5-2 at home. Go figure.

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Indiana beat Michigan State, further cementing them as the team that absolutely no #1 seed wants in their bracket. It also gives the Buckeyes a chance to get a share of the Big Ten regular season crown. Win at Northwestern tomorrow and at Sparty on Saturday and it's done.

22. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000

Revealing article from SI on UCLA. Crazy.

23. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow. Just wow.

24. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I know, right?

Wild partying certainly isn't exclusive to UCLA, but it makes Howland look really, really terrible.

25. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Partying is one thing, but the apparent lack of response by Howland is even more stunning - just letting them get away with it again and again.