main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Madness Has Begun!: NCAA Basketball Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dal--Intrepid, Nov 17, 2006.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hot ****ing damn that was awesome. [face_dancing] :D

heels1785 likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I never tire of this feeling. It's like Christmas times a million.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Shout out to Northern Kentucky University. After transitioning from D-II, the Norse are going dancing in their first year of D-I tournament eligibility after capturing the Horizon League tourney title this evening.

Hey Northwestern: it's not as hard as you make it look. :p

4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Syracuse loses to Miami....what an unbelievably inconsistent team...... and they still haven't won an ACC Tournament game, ever.

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Changes could be coming to two teams I support.

Thad Matta has been given the dreaded vote of confidence by Gene Smith. Can make an argument either way, if he should stay or go. On one hand, with the resources available to you in Columbus, missing the NCAA Tournament in consecutive seasons is pretty bad. On the other hand, we're not that far removed from him recruiting and developing top tier talent and advancing to Final Fours. I'd prefer for him to stay, but could understand if Ohio State made a change - especially if they miss the tournament again next year.

And, Gary Waters is retiring from Cleveland State. He's got such a good overall resume. Tournament wins at both Kent State and Cleveland State, and recruited the Kent State team that went to the Elite Eight. Hard to see the Vikings getting a replacement on his level.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Michigan currently playing in the B1G Tournamanet in their practice uniforms.

Plane accident yesterday, and they arrived in DC early this morning. But, their normal gear didn't arrive. Kind of crazy.

Also, kind of crazy that the B1G Tournament is being held in DC.

7. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm torn on that game, an Illinois loss would help with Illinois State's slim chances to get an at large bid but I also would feel dirty rooting for Michigan, especially against the Illini.

8. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Never root for Michigan.

jcgoble3 and cubman987 like this.
  9. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Wise words to live by. Don't think it's going to matter today though, Illini are garbage.

10. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

my team University of Maryland is from the Washington DC Area, I'm fine with it!:D

11. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Oh yeah, Duke vs. UNC round 3 tomorrow night!

anakinfansince1983 and Rew like this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I wish it had been Louisville for a couple of reasons:

--UNC vs Duke tries to give me a stroke almost as much as the Panthers making the Super Bowl
    --now I have to hate Rew tomorrow night and I don't like hating Rew

Rew and heels1785 like this.
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Jamie Dixon's TCU squad took out Kansas tonight in the Big XII tournament. Probably enough to get them an at-large bid, not many teams with a win as impressive.

14. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    So the Duke-UNC installment this season is a trilogy!

I actually feel like on paper at least UNC is the better team, but I hope my Blue Devils can hang close long enough to pull one out again.

15. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    This game = [face_nail_biting]

cubman987 likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think your boys have this one.

I'll be nice to you again in the morning. :p

Rew likes this.
  17. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Duuuuuuuke. Round 4 yet to come?

Rew likes this.
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I actually don't want a round 4. I'm too fixated on going out while we're on top. :p

But damn what a hell of a game! To go from 13 down in the second half to winning by double digits... that's just an amazing performance right there, especially when we didn't even have a bye or anything in this tournament. I still can hardly believe it! This game almost (ALMOST!) makes me feel bad for the Tar Heels, because that's got to be a sucky way to go down.

EDIT: There is this rather snarky side of me that wants to ask heels1785 where is that screenshot of his tonight of the Duke kid crying in the stands. ;)

cubman987 likes this.
  20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    GET OFF MY LAWN REW

Edit - and when Northwestern McNeese Gulf Coast eliminates you in the first round of the tournament, I'll trot it back out, with the tears photoshopped onto Greyson Allen's dumb face. Don't you worry. :p

21. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I can't believe how quickly the game turned, once it did UNC was just done. Another fun one to watch.

heels1785 and Rew like this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Alabama is giving one of the most inspired performances I've seen this year against UK.

Give Avery Johnson one or two more years with some recruits, this is going to be a program to be reckoned with.

23. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I sure wish Alabama had pulled it off--it would've made the Gamecocks' loss look better, that's for sure!

24. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    4 wins in 4 days - ACC TOURNAMENT CHAMPS!!

Rew likes this.
  25. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    ACC CHAMPIONS!!

First time in conference tournament history that a team has won four straight games in four consecutive days. :D

[face_devil]

cubman987 likes this.