main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 2017 Oscars

Discussion in 'Community' started by Adam of Nuchtern, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  2. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    This is officially the most overblown "scandal" ever. I can understand removing both of the accountants from doing the Oscars in the future but dear god they are making like this is the end of the world.

USAToday had an article yesterday with Shirley Maclaine processing the horror of the wrong announcement. Really? The horror of it. I understand Warren is her brother but calling saying this is a horror is way overboard.

Then Variety had an article with the smoking gun photos of the accountant backstage and a timeline of the him tweeting. I'm sure Woodward and Bernstein would be proud of this investigative journalism.

BigAl6ft6, MrZAP, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  3. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    probably the best thing that ever could have happened to the show. it's a huge amount of free publicity that bulldozes straight through the fact that no one has seen any of the Oscar winning movies and ratings are in a freefall.

4. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Rylo Ken
    Amen to that. They couldn't have hoped for this much attention. Same thing for Moonlight. Probably the best thing to happen to that film. Sure, its a unfortunate that the producers didn't get to give proper speeches but many more people are aware of the film now.

5. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    people in Hollywood tend to think they're rather more important than they really are

BigAl6ft6, Darth Basin and Guidman like this.
  6. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    I can see why it's being overblown. It's the Oscars. The granddaddy of all award shows. It's the only one I actually plan on watching. Say if a big important game in any sport is on. I'd rather watch that then say the Grammys or the Tonys.

Uhhhh did i spell those last 2 right? Grammies? Grammi? I struggled in school.

7. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    it is hilarious tho , isn't there a scene in Naked Gun 33+1/3 where they're trying to distract the guy holding the envelopes with all sorts of stuff and it turns out Emma Stone walking by was enough .

8. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Hopefully when the Zapruder film of the last few minutes is released we will know what officially happened.

Darth Basin likes this.
  9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    moonlight was brilliant. i'm glad it won.

and yes, the "controversy" is ridiculously overblown. yet the people saying this seem to be the only ones who want to keep talking about it. there's some irony there i guess.

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    2016 Oscars: Ryan Gosling getting a nom for La La Land is expected but it really should have been for his work in The Nice Guys instead because his performance in Nice Guys is about 200% awesomer than his performance in La La Land.

2017 Oscar Preview: Logan was robbed by not being nominated for Best Picture. And Patrick Stewart probably will get a nomination (because The Academy is all about bestowing honours upon long time actors to honour a body of work also he's playing old and feeble. I mean, this is a ****ing organization that nominated the old people French diaper changing movie as Best Picture a few years ago fer crissakes) but he won't win because of blah blah blah trendy Important Pick. If Stewart doesn't even get a nomination, the gat-damn whole thing is bunk.

PS - I would google what the old people French diaper changing movie nominated as Best Picture a few years ago was but I'm too drunk to bother right now. Amour? Love? Cripes, that movie is terrible. But Best Picture! Really!

12. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Oh man... who gives a ****.

13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Is that a real Bloom County strip? God, it's gone downhill.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Violent Violet Menace likes this.