main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Madness Has Begun!: NCAA Basketball Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dal--Intrepid, Nov 17, 2006.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    So I'm a Mizzou fan, which has made this season generally pretty good. But holy **** was today's game bad. Never seen a whole team shoot that poorly. Hope this slump ends really soon.

Also freaking KU and their luck at the ends of games. Ugh.

2. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

KBP doin' his thing (I love this image b/c a flash went off right before and it just captures that Garden glow):

[​IMG]

The three that put us up for good:

[​IMG]

Me & a buddy named Zach, peep all this Buckeye pride:

[​IMG]

Wandered onto the court at halftime and had to snap my sneaks on it for proof, then crept over to Tater Tot giving the postgame:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Really awesome to see the game that close, the atmosphere reminded me of college track and made me kinda wistful [face_coffee]

DarthTunick , xblackout, tom and 3 others like this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    kansas mentally weak and can’t shoot free throws worth a damn

give them a regular season title or whatever, but they won’t be around when the games count.

also tom crean is great in the booth

4. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    The Badgers will not make the Tourney this year.

5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

I'm really really hoping Oklahoma can finally knock them out as Big 12 Champions for the regular season too. Maybe? Hopefully.

I mean really they shouldn't have won that one championship they "shared" with K State. But I want them to officially not win the title. Blech.

heels1785 and PCCViking like this.
  6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    First time in my lifetime Duke and Carolina have lost home games on the same day.

I gotta say - today was a.good day

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    uk needed that win so badly tonight.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    What’s troubling North Carolina and can it be fixed?

My take:

—None of them can find the damn basket except Joel Berry and occasionally, Theo Pinson and Luke Maye

—It can be fixed if their practices include a ball with a compass pointing to the damn basket

But the podcast take is better than mine.

heels1785 likes this.
  9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    It's frustrating, because when looking at the numbers, this team is nearly a spitting image of last year's. And the year before's. Both national finalists, one national champ.

I don't think that the last two recruiting classes have materialized in the way Roy has wanted them to. And I think this year's team is too slow - both physically and especially in on-the-ball decision making. I also think that the ACC is collectively better than last year, to give credit where it is due.

I think we'll probably make it to the S16 this year, but I cannot see this team as any title threat. If I had to guess, I'd project the last four as Purdue, Nova, Cincinatti, and either Virginia or Duke. Hopefully not both. Purdue to win it all - they are a very sharp team with a great work rate, and Matt Painter is bound for some tournament luck at some point. He's too good not to have more success in the postseason.

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Washington nails a ridiculous 3 at the buzzer to down Arizona.

Trajectory still moving up after losing the best player in the country last year. Sign of good recruiting, great coaching, and exciting things to come in Seattle.

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    @heels1785 friendly wager on the game tomorrow?

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Sure thing! How about..

Duke win = JJ Reddick (in Duke uni) avatar for 1 week for me

UNC win = Tyler Hansbrough (in NC uni) avatar for 1 week for you

14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Ugh you would pick him....but deal!

heels1785 likes this.
  15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Mizzou scraped by with another win to put them back with a winning record in the SEC. With wins against Tennessee amd Kentucky under their belts, we're back on track to be in the tournament. Hope we can keep it up.

Of course, it would really help if Michael Porter Jr. could be back for or just before the tournament, too... I don't actually think it'll happen. But damn would it be awesome.

heels1785 likes this.
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think Mizzou will be a trendy pick, come tournament time. A bad stretch to start January is probably going to keep them in the 7-10 seed picture, but I'd absolutely get behind them before a team like Kentucky that should make the Final Four, but is more likely to shoot 40% from the stripe against a midmajor and get dropped in the first round.

Cuonzo is a great coach who I'll always pull for.

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    holy crap. st. johns just beat #1 nova - after beating #4 duke four days ago, which came after losing 11 games straight in the big east.

delighted for those players

18. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    KEITA BATES-****ING-DIOP

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    FSU was wrecking UVA until they came back for a close win. Auburn down a handful with 2 to go. Nova and Purdue downed. Tonight's a bloodbath for top 10 teams.

Good night for hoops in Ohio, though, Inty and Lloyd!

DarthIntegral likes this.
  20. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    BUCKEYES

heels1785 likes this.
  21. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    TWO GAMEWINNERS LIKE A MINUTE APART MY BODY IS FLOATING

heels1785 and DarthIntegral like this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    “Hark the sound of Tarheel voices...”

heels1785 likes this.
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    THATS HOW WE DO IT

[​IMG]

calling @cubman987

[​IMG]

^ your new avvie

[​IMG][​IMG]

i'll already go ahead and accept the re-match for the game at cameron, so you can gloat and stick me with reddick for a week

24. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I feel so dirty

LloydChristmas and heels1785 like this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    never looked better!