main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Madness Has Begun!: NCAA Basketball Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dal--Intrepid, Nov 17, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    this is absurd. mainly the part where louisville **** themselves three consecutive times within one second (foul, violation, no defense)

uva will be tough to beat in the tournament

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    it's almost like ... Louisville wanted to vacate that win, too.

Juliet316 , CT-867-5309, tom and 4 others like this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  4. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Louisville committed...cardinal sins in that sequence. :p

5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah they really laid and egg there.

6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Probably a terrible decision on my part, but we are on again for tonight still right?

7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    we are

rowlf will be pulling for the heels

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

that was the nastiest pile of **** second half that i've seen in a long time

jj reddick here i come

10. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Oh thank goodness.

@heels1785 here you go buddy!
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 , Rew and heels1785 like this.
  11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    ugh, let's get this over with

cubman987 likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  13. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Heels, this is the best avatar I've seen from you in years. [face_devil]

14. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Third straight MVC Tournament Championship Game appearance for my Redbirds today, really hoping 3rd time is the charm.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    College of Charleston back to the NCAA Tourney after 19 years! Trailed in CAA final early in 2nd half by 17 - amazing comeback, led by brilliant Coach Earl Grant.

Bill Murray in the house, too!

Well done, Cougars. Please beat Duke.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    RIP Woody Durham, voice of Carolina sports. An institution, legend, all of that.

first, lol @ michigan

second, lol @ Georgetown

and as always,
    [​IMG]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Penny Hardaway reportedly taking the head coaching job at Memphis with Larry Brown his assistant. I thought the Illini should have done something similar years ago by having Kendall Gill back to be the head coach but have a Larry Brown (or someone similar) to be an assistant.

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

racketeering at its finest

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  19. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I was about to "like" this post... until I got to that last sentence. :p

PCCViking and heels1785 like this.
  20. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Percent paid out to the student athletes in terms of salary year over year:

0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

21. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I heard this a few places and I don’t think it’s the worst idea. Schools should not pay the students anything but they can make as much as they want in endorsements, doing personal appearances, signing autographs, hawking stuff, etc. That and the 1-and done needs to go for college buckets. Why on earth they just don’t adopt the baseball model where you can come out right away out of high school if your good enough is beyond me but if they go to college then they have to stay for three years. And Steve Kerr is right, if a kid doesn’t get drafted either after high school or junior year in college and wishes to return, then let them.

PCCViking likes this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    insane finish for bama. that's a team that can lose by 30 one night, and beat the best team in the country by 20 the next.

AAAVERRRy johnson teams, always predictably unpredictable.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    On Woody Durham...

His voice was a big part of my childhood. My Dad and my grandfather both used to run the TV on mute while simultaneously running the radio with Woody broadcasting. I remember when he stepped down because he realized that his disease was taking its toll and he could not broadcast as well anymore.

Sad all around. Thanks for helping launch my interest in sports, Woody Durham. RIP. :(

24. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Grayson Allen with another cheap shot.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    needs to be seeing a doctor. no joke.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.