main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 2018 Celebrity Deadpool (no sequels plz)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    or Eddie Vedder

vin likes this.
  2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Or GLaDOS.

Ender Sai likes this.
  3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    or barry gibb, the one bee gee still stayin' alive.

vin likes this.
  4. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Or some other reference because we like references.

Ender Sai, Ramza and tom like this.
  5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Someone should write a book that's just nothing but references so I could read it and be like "Finally, a novel bold enough to have a scene where Pac-Man makes out with Rambo."

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I understood that reference!

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    let's write it together. it will make us millions. we know where we're trying to get to, pac-man making out with rambo, we just need to come up with enough references to get us there.

Violent Violet Menace and Ramza like this.
  8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I would also like a scene where Mario and Luigi make friends with some of the turtles they crippled, and they go on to open a famous, but affordable, eatery for pop culture characters.

Ramza and tom like this.
  9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It was a dark and stormy night, not unlike the scene in a Frankenstein movie where the monster is brought to life. John Rambo, who you would recognize from such films as Rambo and Rambo: First Blood Part II, noted that the sky looked a lot like the title screen of the classic video game Final Fantasy III, or, as it was known in Japan, the country where it was made, Final Fantasy VI. John Rambo, being well-versed in video games that I enjoy, was only too aware that several of the Final Fantasy titles had not originally been released in America, resulting in their being renumbered, until eventually the numbering was reset with the announcement of Final Fantasy VII for the Sony PlayStation. He grunted, in a manner that would no doubt remind a discerning consumer of pop culture of the sort of grunt Sylvester Stallone often made in his best action movies.

"Wompa wompa," said Pac-Man, who was, of course, the star of the classic 1980s arcade game Pac-Man, which was much better than most of the crap they release these days. Pac-Man was a round, yellow disk, with a single pizza-slice shaped portion removed, which is of course the origin of the iconic design of Pac-Man, or Pakku-Man as he was known in Japan, any true video game fan could tell you that. John Rambo drew the sunlight-colored circle into his well-sculpted arms, which were very manly and nothing about them being coated in oil was gay at all.

"Kiss me, Pac-Man," said Rambo, in a deliberate reference to one of Shakespeare's more problematic works, The Taming of the Shrew, though of course Rambo had no time for pretentious crap like plays and instead knew the line from the classic Hollywood film Kiss Me, Kate, which was a cheekily meta romp about a specific production of the play.

They kissed. It was a powerful moment, like when Han Solo kisses Princess Leia in the greatest movie of all time, The Empire Strikes Back, but there was none of the reluctance, so perhaps it was more like the ending of The Princess Bride. Regardless, there was real passion, not like that fake passion you see in so many crappy movies aimed at women that they churn out these days. No, it was true romance (Though not, of course, True Romance, which I've definitely seen because it's written by Tarantino, although apparently he didn't direct it, which I consider odd since everyone knows Tarantino only ever directs).

Meanwhile, far away, in another part of town, which is exactly like a famous lyrical transition in Bob Dylan's hit single "Hurricane," Mario Mario and Luigi Mario had begun making the opening gestures towards reconciliation with their iconic and famous enemies, the Koopalings. They knew this was the last remaining obstacle in the way of their real dream of opening an Italian restaurant modeled after the one where Michael Corleone got a gun out of the bathroom in The Godfather, which I hear was based on a book that wasn't as good as Francis Ford Coppola's movie, which is unsurprising because it's a book.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Derelicte! Ghandi is so hot right now.

11. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Ramza, I can't believe you forgot to reference the NES Rambo video game published by Acclaim. It came out in 1987, which was in the 80s.

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    guys I started a thread for our shared vision!

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It will be as deeply unpopular as Ernest Cline in High School.

CT-867-5309 and Ender Sai like this.
  14. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Anyway, when did this become our standard?

To squawk over how well each of us has memorized corporate branding campaigns? To hail a trade that inaugurated many of the greatest abuses of our age, and still today relies too often on outright exploitative labor practices? Do we measure one another now, by our access to material things, as if this is all the world?

Where is the indignation that we have not bettered our neighbor's condition? Whence the hunger to enlarge our hearts? Why do we not compete to love one another?

This is what I say to your Gavinchy.

SuperWatto likes this.
  15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You should cancel your internet and give the money saved to a neighbour. Any neighbour.

16. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    My ISP is fully organic and artisanal. So while you guys are destroying Mother Earth while you're watching the latest Jessica Jones, I'm able to relax in the knowledge that I'm only using the Ethical Internet.

17. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
  18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Thank Christ no one's bumping this thread with deaths no one cares about. It's about time we got things back on track.

19. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    You have to give a rousing eulogy of how Tom Benson owned the New Orleans Saints like no one ever owned the New Orleans Saints, and how his specific way of owning football clubs cured cancer. Get with the program.

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    aka "Who gives a ****?"

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    For the record, I've always been fine with posts about anyone who is 1. Recently deceased and 2. A member of genus Homo.

... I can neither confirm nor deny this was solely to build up enough plausible deniability to post multi-paragraph parodies of books ITT.

22. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I don't think many posts itt are about celebrities at all. I think most posts are about the thread.

Thread rename proposal: ITT we discuss this thread

23. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    That seems to be the fate of all very long and very short threads, e.g. "In before the lock!"

24. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
  25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Its like you’re poking Colo’s corpse with a stick, Kenneth.

Ender Sai likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.