main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 2018 Celebrity Deadpool (no sequels plz)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    We need a separate thread for "people who at one time were of passing interest". Kenneth and Juliet can update it as their phones alert them to the death of nobody noteworthy.

Diggy likes this.
  2. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Or we could get rid of the deadpool aspect and just make this a general purpose dead celebrity thread, since that what it pretty much has been for the last several years.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Master_Lok, MrZAP and Ghost like this.
  3. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    That reads less an argument for atheism and more the ramblings of a freshman philosophy major who binge-watched too much Doctor Who, got stuck on the "Wibbly-Wobbly-Timey-Wimey-Stuff" quote, and now thinks that they are the end-all, be-all of human knowledge.

The fact is that time exists independent of matter. Time existed long before the Universe began, and will continue to exist long after the Universe ends.

Unfortunately for Hawking, this quote makes him sound like a sentient goldfish.
    [​IMG]
    "Time didn't exist before the big bowl."

4. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I once thought that too, but frankly you're completely incorrect and time is inextricably linked with space. Sorry. As far as we can tell time literally didn't exist before the big bang, or to put it another way, there simply isn't a "before the big bang".

5. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Hawking is talking about the hypothesis where time essentially began as a fourth dimension of space, and it is all represented as a 4D hemisphere. Not only is there no time before the big bang, there is no actual beginning of time itself--no beginning to the universe, despite it being finite in age. It's like asking, "What's beyond the North Pole?"

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    What, and resolve all of this pulse-pounding pointless drama? Like savages?

7. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    So I told my husband about this game I’m playing on a message board and how I just got some points. He asked who else I got on my list to see what my odds are for the rest of the year.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  8. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Were you even alive in 1969? Had you ever heard of this person before you read this article? Did you even read it past the headline? Since you're posting someone whom no one has heard of in the first place, you could have at least bothered to include this paragraph from your article to familiarise the readers of your post with who this person even was. I'll even go as far as saying that it's borderline interesting, had you bothered to not half-ass it:

Ender Sai and jp-30 like this.
  9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Alright I confess: it’s me, I’m the poster who’s heard of Ed Charles! It’s the beating of the hideous heart!

Er, I mean, Baltimore.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  10. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    R.I.P. Ed Charles , was there a finer human being , the world is a sadder place without you . (I wonder what his baseball card is worth )

11. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Ironically, the article aptly captures the appropriate response:

Rogue1-and-a-half and Ramza like this.
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm a little late, but how about this, if someone on any of the Deadpool lists presented in this thread dies, thread gets updated? Unless it's someone of tremendous importance that didn't happen to be on any lists in the thread, no more articles regarding the passing of obscure individuals.

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Like I read anyone else's posts? **** that noise.

14. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    it's true folks, SithSense, esteemed poster on the jedi council message boards, knows more about physics than Professor Stephen Hawking CH CBE FRS FRSA, physicist, cosmologist, author, and former director of research at the centre for theoretical cosmology at the university of Cambridge

15. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    and the thread is fine how it is. why is everyone complaining? are we seriously complaining that minor celebrity deaths get posted about? who cares. as someone else said if we wait for proper big deaths the thread will basically get updated like once or twice a year. hooray?

16. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I didn't even know there were lists .
    You're all degenerates .

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I bet Juliet and Ghost post far less about minor celebrities and gorillas than people do complaining about them posting about minor celebrities and gorillas, or just the thread in general... :p

18. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The thread is fine as is, non actual celebrity death report posts are annoying. We deal with that by mocking the posters. Everyone wins.

19. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I'm not fine with the idea of limiting who gets to be posted, but I am fine with the idea of requiring at least a small write-up for context. Make it mean something for us; no lazy link posting.

solojones, poor yorick, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  20. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    But if Juliet or Kenneth waste time finding and quoting info, someone might beat them to post.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm simply amazed people are even having this conversation. The thread is fine. If you don't like it don't read it.

Sarge and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  22. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Honestly I don’t care about who posts what ITT. I just check it occasionally to see how it’s going.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  23. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    This thread is such a beautiful mess... fits right in, really.

Sarge and Juliet316 like this.
  24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    dp the gorilla has a name, and you will speak it in all its beauty.

Colo.

25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Has anyone made a Colo: A Star Wars Story joke yet? I don't check the ZOMG Star Wars thread.

poor yorick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.