main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2018 FanFic Awards Ceremony **Day 8 - Authors**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by The Golden Yoda, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Splendid results on the last day.

Well done to the winners, nominees, and volunteers.

For the NSWFF side, by far the joint best writers in my opinion, were @Mira_Jade and @Idrelle_Miocovani , so it was great to see one of them getting the plaudits!

And from small beginnings, two nomination examples:

@Tarsier 's one for NSWFF Best Interpretation of a Canon Character, for Dr Carson Beckett (Stargate Atlantis); I remember her being unsure if she had got him right; me thinking, yeah, in the ballpark; and she gets a nomination for it.
    Great stuff.

Then for me, getting a nom' for Mary Formal and Warrant Officer Bygraves for Best Relationship; that literally only started because one of you introduced me to the trope of 'Female Gaze'. There was absolutely no romance intended for that character before that.

Lastly, cards on the table, I thought that if I got nominated at all this year, especially as reviewing was cut, it was only going to be the humour-related category.

Many thanks for the positive reviews and feedback during 2017, and the nominations, this time round.

Excellent Awards organisation, and well done to the skit writers.

@Findswoman , love your choice of colours.

AzureAngel2, Kahara, Tarsier and 5 others like this.
  2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    And this is precisely why it's awesome when all nominations go to the voting round. :)

AzureAngel2, Kahara, Sith-I-5 and 2 others like this.
  3. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Darth RL has kept me off the boards for awhile now, but I had to pop in and say congratulations to all of the nominees and winners! =D==D==D= Given that I seem to only be able to write sporadically and just enough to actually qualify for the awards, I am humbled and honored to have been nominated in multiple categories and to share a win with @Ewok Poet.:) And lest we think that what we do here doesn’t matter in RL, I had a job interview yesterday where it came up because it was relevant to the position. @};-

AzureAngel2, jcgoble3, Kahara and 8 others like this.
  4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    You're going to work for Lucasfilm? :D:D:D (We can all dream, can't we?)

5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I want those folks to hire me. I WILL PRETEND TO BE A SCIENTIST.

6. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] I keep looking to see if they have anything for data scientists...This was for a medical writing position. The fact that I wrote in my spare time was considered a good thing.

7. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Congratulations to everyone! We saw everything from Canadians in the West Wing to love at the coffee machine. Well done to all who won, and excellent work to all who were nominated!

Shout out congrats to:
    @Findswoman
    @Mira_Jade
    @Ewok Poet
    @Mistress_Renata
    @Raissa Baiard
    @Kahara
    @Glor
    @GreyBard
    @Tarsier
    @mavjade
    @Briannakin
    @Onderon1
    @brodiew
    @Lazy K
    @AzureAngel2
    @Suzannah.Pearce
    @Volund Starfire
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    @K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku
    @Cowgirl Jedi 1701
    @gizkaspice

Thank you also to the wonderful organizers and helpers of the event: @mavjade, @Briannakin, @Findswoman, @Raissa Baiard , @Chyntuck, and @Mira_Jade. If I left anyone out, I humbly apologize.

@};-@};-@};-@};-I also want to take a moment to thank everyone who voted for me. I am very honored! Thank you! @};-@};-@};-@};-

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  8. JarenJade

JarenJade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 28, 2009
    Hi everyone,

I do not frequent these boards often (I used to....I've been around since '09), but I would just like to give a sincere and heartfelt thank-you for nominating my work. To be honest, even though the work is within the Star Wars universe, thematically and philosophically it is so far off the map that I did not expect it to garner any interest. It's a rather dense piece of writing which was simply a labor of love. Still, I'm genuinely flattered, and I now wish I participated in this event and in these boards more often, which I think I shall do now. Anyway, for what it is worth, Thank you so much.

On my Facebook page I'm going over the inspiration for the art in the work, and giving some explanations of what I was trying to go for in the pieces I included in the text. You can look me up as Michael Kevin Brennan (My daughter is sitting on my lap), and the art I've set to public.

What is more, I'm working on a second story - one which is compatible with the current canon. I shall post it in the fanfic forms when complete, which will most likely be a year from now.

Warmest Regards,
    Mike.

9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Hi, Mike. :)

I have skimmed through the story a couple of times and I do plan to comment on it sometime - it's outstanding work. But most of us post stuff chapter by chapter, once per week or so - tends to be far easier. Plus, that way you can enjoy the thrill of people's comments on your work in progress.