main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion 2018 Fanfic Resolutions

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Dec 26, 2017.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    My only resolution: I want to finish the stories I am currently writing!

2. CosmicDust

CosmicDust Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2017
    I've written 33k for one fic and started posting it as a WIP on AO3, but I lost the muse and needed a brain break. Seeing The Last Jedi gave me some perspective on it. I think it only has about 15k left to be written. It was my goal to write a novel length fanfic in 2017. I also haven't decided yet what the final rating will be for this long fic because there's UST, but I'm not sure yet if the allure of the story is for this tension to remain unresolved (but with a get together happy ending, of course :) ).

I also signed up for a ridiculous amount of fanfic exchanges in 2017, which was a lot of fun, but I really, really want to write for myself again.

I want to write a suspense/thriller romance with Finn/Poe with an alternate meeting but still in the Star Wars ST setting.

TLJ had an innuendo for starfighters ("Get your head out of your cockpit."), and since I write so much fic with Poe Dameron, I also like doing innuendo starfighter puns. It was a little surprising to see it happen in the movie, but now it's inspired me to include at least one pun in every fic with Poe. lol

Mistress_Renata likes this.