main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [2112] Part 2-Witch Hunt (Updated 1-16-11)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by JediMaster1511, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Disclaimer: This is a story based upon the musical workings of the Band Rush. The titles of each part are all the songs of Rush and is their property. The overall background is their property and I do not claim it to be mine nor do I profit from it.

The characters names, dialogues, etc. are my creation unless noted elsewhere, however they would not exist without the inspiration of Rush or my friends.
    *By-tor is the creation of Rush.
    *Snow Dog is the creation of Rush.

If you read these I suggest listening to each song before you do so you can gain an understanding of the background. There will be links to the songs in each part.

Thank you for your time.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2112/The Temples of Syrinx

The future..........bleak, dark, and dismal. A faction known as the WolForces have risen to power in the name of superiority. They hold ideals that call for the capture and extermnation of all who don't believe in their cause.

People run through the streets in fear and panic. Afraid what will happen next. Soldiers footsteps echo behind those who dare to run.

The soldiers of WolForce mercelissly rounding up people to be placed in work camps. Some will be breeding stock for servatude, heavy labour, and target practice. Others will be tortured for entertainment. Some will be starved and forced to watch those above them gorge. Others will be placed in camps to just rot. None of them will escape the fear of death, some even pray for it. Others will tortured for no reason other than the sake of doing it.

They show brute force to scare those who follow them into submission. Those who do submit to the will of the WolForce are rewarded for their servatude. They are given the "right" to torture and are given the "power" to cause pain. They hold rankings for such rights.

The soldiers of WolForce care little for the victims. They only seek praise and reward. Nobody has successfully challenged them in combat. Military tactics and brute force squash any hope for rebellion thus far. They comb the streets looking for those who dew the seeds of dissent. Searching areas that they feel hold answers to the locations of "rebels."

People hide in fear, camps are established to hold those who rebel against the sacred name of the order. Patrolling soldiers gather up those who struggle to be free. Children, mothers, fathers, and family seperated by belief and war. The crying drowning out the sound of gunfire for those who resist with force.

All is lost

Soldiers march before a building in the shape of a pyramid. A place that holds knowledge fordidden to all but a select few. It is regarded as a sacred place. They stand rank and file by the millions awaiting their leader's call.

He Comes out followed by a group of men lad in black and white robes. His name is By-Tor, and he ascended to power through sheer force and belief in his own superiority. No one knows if that's his real name or not. As the crowd cheers his presence, he stands over them relishing the power and attention. He was a strong-willed man, fairly large in height. He wore a robe that had much elegance to it. Siver lining, gold trim. Gloves that favoured the style of gauntlets, to show his dominance while still tastefully fufilling his aristocratic style. His presence instilled fear to all who saw him.

By-Tor stands forth to his army and looks down upon them. As they look up it is obvious they to fear him. So many people fearing just one man.

As he prepare to speak, he gazes once more over the crowd, as if to satisfy his ego one last time. But he would satisfy it many more times after that.

A silence falls over the crowd as he raises his hands up in the air, he speaks...................

"Before you, I have brought a new golden age to this world. One that puts to shame the Roma

2. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Very well done. This was quite a unique idea, and very well written.

3. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    The Trees

But before we get ahead of ourselves, it would be good to catch you up to the present events...............

Back before the takeover, everyone had there own beliefs, there own group. Everyone had there differences, but we all got along with each other. when one got to strong, we would fight, a winner prevailed, and the loser would retreat to rebuild. Another group would come along, and the cycle repeated itself.

Everyone would scream out for a fair share. They didn't realise that's what we all got. No one group dominated the other, though many felt like the other had it better. Taking for granted what everyone had. So wars came and went over trivial things, but there was balance.

I can remember one group that came along, although I can't seem to quite recall the name of the group, they were in power, a little bit larger than everyone else. I don't even remember if it was a political or religous group, could have been both. Anyway, they had the "top spot," they spoke of others like they were inferior but never acted on such things. They let others live with themselves and what they beleived. They felt like they were right and preached it every chance they got. They weren't the only ones to preach though. Looking back it was all stupid.

Ohhhh, it seems like that was so long ago.

So long indeed. Anyway, then another group came along and challenged them. They fought to a stnad still. It wasn't really a war now that I recall, it was more of a protest. The occasional skirmish, yes, but mostly just two groups yelling at one another. Sometimes other groups would carry out "missions" in the name of the other groups. They themselves had lost the message, mostly due to the fact that they didn't really know nor care about the original message.

The conflict wasn't really helped by the fact that one group treated the other like they were crazy. That ignorance spread to other conflicts, sometimes creating tension where there was no such thing in the first place. The ignorance was the real killer back then if anything, it had seemed that they lost the love that was in the original meaning of the groups. Love, so many don't know the true meaning. If someone did this could all be stopped.......but I'm losing the topic. where was I, oh yes, the ignorance. Everyone just lost themselves in what they thought was right, rather they followed that which was easy for them and gave them comfort. All the while picking and choosing what they felt suited them, discarding the rest.

On top though, above all the followers was the two main groups, "yelling" at each other. Playing a game of cat and also cat. We were in balance and in relative peace. The conflict was more of an inconveniance than anything else. Not sure if anyone else noticed, I certainly didn't. Taking for granted what wasn't all that bad. Everytime I think about it I sigh.

So the "yelling" continued, the "protesting," whatever you want to call it. Everyone wanted equality. They really already had it, but everyone got selfish. Wanted more, wanted to have it all. Why, I don't know, then I though I did, but know I can see I didn't.

Then someone came along promising us a solution, promising everyone a fair share. He claimed to have the ability to make everything the same, equal. Oh he did all right. He only asked us to follow him and his ways. It seemed to good to be true. It was. He did make everyone equal. If you followed him you were ll equal. If you didn't follow, he put you in a camp regardless of what you followed. We were equal. Then there were two groups, us and them. We were all cut down and kept equal. Cut down for being different, cut down for not following.

At first it just seemed like another group to compete with. Just another sytem of things thriving to make it up there with the already established powers. I don't think anyone saw it coming. Except him. He grew in power almost over night. He was in control of everything it seemed. We didn't know how he did it, but it was

4. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Again, very unique. It's a a very good read.

5. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Sorry I took so long. I can easily distracted sometimes.:p

Witch Hunt

The night is black, without a moon.
    The air is thick and still....

It started out like any other night. It was quiet, serene, nothing out of the ordinary. We just thought it was a lead in to another average tommorrow. No one knew....none of us anyway.

The vigilantes gather arms.
    The lonely torch lit hill.

The order was given, we were to be gathered up and herded into groups for "management." those not deemed good enough or followers of the true leader, By-Tor. Windows crashed from rocks thrown through them, doors busted down, screams filled the night. We heard it an ran, as far as we could. Wasn't far enough. I remeber hiding in the shadows and seeing someone runing down the sidewalk. They were being chased by a jeep. I don't know what was a more sickening sound, the sound of the bat craking his head, or the sound of his skull craking on the concrete. I almost threw up right then and ther. Even remebering it makes my stomach churn. That night........

They all gathered around and started bon fires to gather and plan their next moves. Cheering at how many they had captured, as if we were animals to be hunted for sport. They only viewed as such. That made me even more sick.

I ran, but it didn't matter. They caught me. I was tied around my neck and drug around like a leashed dog. They hit me and spit on me. I was pushed to ground many times and ten punished for falling, then punished for standing back up. Why I didn't get killed was a mystery to me. As I was drug through the streets I could see more fires. Books were being burnt.

They say are strangers who threaten us..
    the immigrants and infidels
    They say there are trangers to dangerous..

That's what we were told was why this was required.

Those who know what's best for us
    must rise up and save us from ourselves..

Yeah. They rose up alright. They saved us too.

Quick to anger, quck to judge, slow to understand...*

This was something I heard later. It put everything into perspective. For now though, we were going to the work camps, because that was all we were good for.......

To be continued........

*lyrics of Rush-Witch Hunt

6. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Welcome back!

7. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Yeah, it took me a little while, and I'm hoping to keep the updates more frequent.

8. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Due to my oversight of the rules, I have to lock the thread. I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.