main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive 24,500 bby The First Dark Legion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by KnightFr0mOssus, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightFr0mOssus

KnightFr0mOssus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2009
    I know it sounds crazy, but I wonder...
    maybe the jedi need an enemy. I think...
    without a common enemy, we...we'll
    just wind up fighting each other...and
    ourselves. Does that make sense?
    --Danzigorro Potts, shortly before dying of his wounds on Columus, 24,500 BBY

The First Great Schism, the first war that the jedi order participated in. At one time, a band of jedi began experimenting with the force and discovered boundless opportunities. They longed to be free to use the force however the wanted instead of being restrained by their masters. And so Jedi left Tython and Ossus following a Kashi Mer exile and jedi knight named Xendor and a Follower of Palawa named Ardyn Lyn, Xendor's lover, to live on the planet Lettow. They grew to an immense size that almost rivaled the jedi and declared war on the Jedi Order.

During this time period, projectile and plasma weapons were being used side by side, and swords and such were the equivalent of lightsabers. Many worlds such as Dac and Taris were yet to be found. Hyperspace was also new and needed beacons to travel to and fro. Many trade trade rouutes were much shorter than they are today, barely reaching into the middle rim. The Unification Wars had just ended and the Galactic Constitution had been written and sighned thus marking the birth of th Galactic Republic. And the Jedi Order had only recently been an order of wizards with very little knowledge of the force residing on Tython.

And here is where we start our story. Arguably, the most well-known jedi who participated in the war was Danzigorro Potts. He was only an insignificant padawan apart from the fact that he was the last survivor of the final battle in the war(other than Ardyn Lyn who was placed in suspended animation to be rewoken during the reign of the Empire) but the datacard he recorded shortly before dieing is the best firsthand account of the war still around in modern times. It has been adapted into three Coruscanti operas due to its fame. It tells the story of Potts during the war including his duel with his former Master Jook-Jook H'broozin on Corulag and his killing of dark Jedi Knight Blendri and her apprentice Cuthallox. Blendri was his best friend and killing her was the most painful thing he had ever done. He never thought she was evil, he recalled that she just hated being told what to do. Since the main thing Xendor did to get others to join his cause was tell the other jedi that if they fllowed him, they wouldn't be restricted in what they could do, many jedi, including Blendri, joined the ranks and were seducted by the dark side.

But, this story will not revolve around him for the most part. It will revolve around other jedi rather than a glorified tale focusing on one bit player.

Reminder: Xendor and Ardyn Lyn will be npc's and probably wont get any or much screen time. I want the rp to be restricted to new characters and I may or may not incorporate Danzigorro Potts, Jook-Jook H'broozin, Cuthallox, and Blendri as playable characters but they will have to die at scripted moments and they don't have much background info as it is so they will be customizable.

Non-humans are allowed in the game but they will be restricted to species from the deep core, core worlds, some of the inner rim and some of the middle rim, being that during this time, many had not yet been discovered or were still primitive in terms of technology.

Rules:
    1.No godmodding.
    2.At the battle of Columus at the end of the rp, everyone will die unless they did not participate in the battle.
    3.Seeing as the Republic was new and still growing, Republic troops will rarely feature in the battles unless the Dark Jedi pose an active threat to the Republic and its people. They are confident the Jedi can handle it.
    4.Ask if you want an npc. I'm probably going to play Danzigorro Potts because I have a book that features his datacard speech.
    5.Remember the time period. I don't want to see amazingly accurate blasters, lightsabers, random hyperspace without a beacon in sight, and overtly sleek machinery. Try to give

2. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    Name: Dintahn Ranzaroth
    Species: Human
    Alignment: Jedi Order
    Weapon: double-edged sword
    Homeplanet: Tython
    Style: Djem-so
    Physical features: Hispanic facial features(If this was Earth of course), clean shaven, lanky build, 6'1,
    Hair color: dark brown
    Eye color: hazel
    Clothing: White tunic with grey-green tabards and obi.
    Biography: Born to two Jedi on Tython, Dintahn was able to use the force prematurely when he was only about two years old. Dintahn went through training and apprenticeship quickly due to his intelligence and preference of solving things peacefully rather than by using the force. He was 19 when he was knighted and became an adviser to the Galactic senate. When the war began, he was the one to persuade the republic to focus on its own growth and let the Jedi handle the Legions of Lettow.

Dintahn was a very reserved Jedi. He was quite and shy but very helpful and always thought about others rather than himself.

3. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    Introduction:

Notron, the birthplace of man. This planet's people grew in time until its people reached the Industrial Age, then the Nuclear Age, then the Space Age. By 100,000 BBY, Notron became Coruscant and was now covered in cities. Over time, city's grew over cities and the Humans began traveling to other worlds via sleeper ships, massive vessels teeming with cryonic capsules. It is this way Alsakan, Corulag, and other similar planets were settled, although the process of reaching destinations could take centuries.

Then came the Rakatan Empire which enslaved many of the Human worlds for a long time. But eventually, a plague afflicted the Rakatans that made them lose their force-sensitivity thus denying them use of their own constructs. The slaves revolted and founded their own sovereign nations. Eventually, it was decided that the planets must unite to help each other and ward off disputes and wars. A Galactic Republic was proposed. Many opposed the idea sparking the Unification Wars. During the war , The Galactic Republic was founded, circa 25,053 BBY.

Before the Unification Wars, and during the time of the Rakatan's Infinite Empire, many scientists, priests, philosophers, and warriors somehow escaped their enslavers with the help of a resistance group made up of Rakatans and convened on Tython by use of stolen Rakatan vehicles which were capable of lightspeed. Among them were the Caamasi who were interested in the mystical power that soon became known as the force, although most Caamasi who tagged along were not force sensitive. The good Rakatans chose to bring these people to Tython in the Deep Core to evade capture by their enslavers and to learn the ways of the force through experimentation. And so these people did. The Jedi Order was soon born comprised of the descendants of these early force sensitives and established many of the Orders customs and rules.

Things did not always go smoothly though. Jedi Knight Rasho Dundir began experimenting with the force for personal gain. He taught others to use the force this way. These ations culminated in the form of a war called the Force Wars. This war went on for about a decade and really brought down the Jedi's numbers. Still, the Jedi prevailed.

Not long after, the Jedi themselves joined the Galactic Republic becoming the guardians of justice and peace in the galaxy. But, there was still trouble not to long after. In 24,523, Jedi Knight Raller Xendor and his lover, Arden Lyn, recruited Jedi into the Legions of Lettow, an organization of Dark Jedi with the simple promise of no boundaries for what you can use the force for. This event became known as the First Great Schism...

4. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    I already have two jedi. IDK how many I'm going to need, but the more the better. Anyone can join but it'd be best if you consult wookieepedia and do some preliminary research first. This isn't going to be a very demanding rp, I don't expect whole entire posts numbering at 2,000 words. I'm a beginner myself, so this game is beginner friendly as long as you are realistic about what your character does and as long as you do some preliminary research. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pre-Republic_era http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Expansionist_Era

5. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Jedi Master star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    GM Approved

Name:- Yuring Mandalore
    Species:- Taung
    Alignment:-
    Weapon:- He carries a couple of swords with him at all times, one is hanging of his left hip and the other is straped to his back its handle easily grabed from his right sholder, he also has a plasma pistol strapped to his right thigh (as far as I can tell lasers aren't in this time period) and he has many throwing dagers hidden over his armour (slighly crusader like but only has a cheast plate, thigh, neck and vambraces (forearm) the left vambrace is also flared on either end making it like a small shield)
    Homeplanet:- Coruscant
    Style:- He fights with a self made fighting style which is a single sword fighting style involving closing in to opponents quickly, often "dirty" fighting because he will kick and puch as well as just fight with the sword
    Physical features:- His face looks like this except he has a scar down his right check which starts just above his eye:
    His armour looks like this but with a chest section:
    The chest section looks like the one from this picture:
    Hair color:- Black
    Eye color:- Red and Gold
    Clothing:- as described before
    Biography:- Youring has left his home planet in order to learn about the strange powers that have started to manifest in him, this being the force, and after his parents saw some of the things happening around him they told him about the Jetii and gave him his belongings he now has, the sword on his back was his brothers sword that he kept after his brother was killed, and told him to head off to the planet Tython. He is currently on board a ship to this planet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.