Sac, CA 24 hour a day starbucks V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by qui-gundi_15, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TionneHawk Jedi Knight

star 5
    LOL SMS! There were a couple of us "troopers" giving him dirty looks too beneath the buckets, but for other reasons. If you want the full story I'll be glad to tell it at the meeting. ;)

Av, I have many cups. My favorite one is larger than most coffee mugs and black. I got it at a falconry meet I attended in Bakersfield. It has a falcon in white and the title and year for the meet. Of course I don't actually drink coffee (unless it's got chocolate in it), but it's great for tea and hot chocolate.
    I love your mug! Perhaps I, too, should check out the SW store. Hrmmmmm.

Tell us about your mug, Rogues!
  2. drippyzeo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    My mug is green and spacious. I'm fond of it.

Hey all, it's been a while. Life's been crazy busy, and I can't stay.

I know this would be considered sacriligious in some circles around here... *furtive glances left and right*
    ...but you guys wouldn't happen to know where I can borrow/rent/buy a Star Trek costume around here, would you? It's only for a one-time thing, so I'm reluctant about spending a whole lot on one.

HOLY COW, The SVRF site looks SWEET! And there are a bunch of you guys...awesome!!!
  3. TionneHawk Jedi Knight

star 5
    Hey Drippy! Nice of you to drop by.

You might try Evangeline's in Old Sac or there's a place called Decades. I'm not sure if they'd have trek costumes, but it's a place to start.
  4. Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Drippy, another friendly local Sci-fi club Fantastic Frontiers have alot of Star Trek fans. :)

They could probably help you as well.

5. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight

star 5
    Never underestimate children ... ;)

A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales.

The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small.

The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale.

Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible.

The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah".

The teacher asked, "What if Jonah went to hell?"

The little girl replied, "Then you ask him".

A Kindergarten teacher was observing her classroom of children while they were drawing. She would occasionally walk around to see each child's work.

As she got to one little girl who was working diligently, she asked what her drawing was.

The girl replied, "I'm drawing God."

The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like."

Without missing a beat, or looking up from her drawing, the girl replied, "They will in a minute."

A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds.

After explaining the commandment to "honor" thy Father and thy
    Mother, she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to
    treat our brothers and sisters?"

Without missing a beat one little boy (the oldest of a family) answered, "Thou shall not kill."

One day a little girl was sitting and watching her mother do the dishes at the kitchen sink. She suddenly noticed that her mother had several strands of white hair sticking out in contrast on her brunette head.

She looked at her mother and inquisitively asked, "Why are some of your hairs white, Mommy?"

Her mother replied, "Well, every time you do something wrong and make me cry or unhappy, one of my hairs turns white."

The little girl thought about this revelation for a while and then said, "Mommy, how come ALL of grandma's hairs are white?"

The children had all been photographed, and the teacher was trying to persuade them each to buy a copy of the group picture..

"Just think how nice it will be to look at it when you are all grown up and say, 'There's Jennifer, she's a lawyer,' or 'That's Michael, He's a doctor.'"

A small voice at the back of the room whispered, "And there's the teacher. She's dead."

A teacher was giving a lesson on the circulation of the blood. Trying to make the matter clearer, she said, "Now, class, if I stood on my head, the blood, as you know, would run into it, and I would turn red in the face.."

"Yes," the class said.

"Then why is it that while I am standing upright in the ordinary position, the blood doesn't run into my feet?"

A little fellow shouted,

"Cause your feet ain't empty."

The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray:

"Take only ONE. God is watching."

Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table, was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies.

A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples."
  6. ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight

star 5
    LOL... thats funny.

I liked them all.

*snickers* Your feet aren't empty *hee hee*
  7. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight

star 5
    if you thought that was funny, you have to check this out.

This is the mp3 I was telling people about at the last meeting. It is from Shakespeare Man who recites the scroll from ANH "shakespeare style" ;)
    You can download if by just right clicking the link and choose "save as" Shakespeare Man
  8. PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hi everyone, I thought I'd post a story/dream I had a few days ago.... Ok well, everyone from the club was there LDV, Hawk, SM, PadawanMatt, Avalon, and all the others, we all got clearance to go to Skywalker ranch. There were even some people I never met before, some were in jedi, some were in storm trooper, others wore civialian clothing all in all there may have been clost to 75 to 100 or more there we (our club) arived there in a white van, it was so cool. right out frount was an imperial vessel well, being that I'm a currous one I decided to go and check it out
    I said to Hawk, LDV and Matt I'd be right back!
    The hatch was down, so I peeked in, and said "Whooo, Hooo"..... nothing, there were lights on in the vessel so I thought, nothing will happen, I'll just go on, take a quick peak, and leave
    NP, right? WRONG! Boy was I mistaken! At first, Nothing happened, there even was a man in an imperial uniform sitting at the helm. I thought how cool! As I turned to get off your not going to believe who started to come up the ramp!?! It was Darth Vader! Well I thought I had had my thrill and it was best to exit before I got into trouble... So I started down the ramp. then some unseen force basically pushed me back into the cockpit. I got up, and said 2nd try is better than 1st try right? I know do or do not there is no try? Again just like the first time I had been knocked back, by the 3rd attempt Vader was already on the vessel and the hatch was closing behind him. I did my best to attempt to get around him, and get off this thing! Well, that did not work, so I simply said please open the door and release me?
    He stood there just breathing, saying nothing I got up and went to the door hoping to find a button or something that would open it.
    I found nothing by this time I was starting to get frightened
    I even began to cry, then the vessel started to lift off the ground I went over to the guy sitting at the helm and asked him to land this thing he said nothing, the vessel kept going up and up I then droped to the floor, not knowing what else to do and cried.

We finially got into space, and were heading towards what looked to be a larger vessel
    I begged and pleaded for them to return me back to my planet. Vader finially fed up with my whining said You are here with Me Now, and here by my side you will remain, you have a new way of life, you will join me or suffer! he said I just tried to dry my eyes, there was nothing I could do!
    I looked at my hand and saw that I was wearing a ring. It was an engagement ring given to me by Matt. I prayed silently and said no matter what, I'm going to return, and when I do...
    I'll never do this again well, we finially arived on this big vessel I tried again to plead with my captors to release me!? but to no avail, I was placed in a small cell simular to the one Leia was in in ep 4, while I was in there I had gotten a visit from your not going to believe who? It was Qui-Gon-Jin! He said to me not to worry, everything would be alright and that I would be rescued someday........

Meanwhile on earth, everyone was wondering what had really happened, I mean SW is a fiction story, right? George Lucas did his best to calm those that saw the vessel leave down. He thought that the vessel was a prop one of the clubs had built, and that the people were just actors but everyone saw the ship leave..... So was it a prop or not? Anyways, aboard the bigger vessel, I sat in this dark cell not knowing where I was heading or what was to be the fate of this whole thing I mustve been in the cell for a day or more and Vader entered, he told me to follow him. Well, why argue or fight? right? So I did, we went into a larger room with a huge window, infrount of this enormus window was a man in a chair. It was none other than Palpitine! I just looked at him, he was hidous looking!
    He said to me, I see you are not happy with your living quarters... and you still think that your pathetic friends will someday find you? well your wrong! you will never see them, so give
  9. outrider462004 Jedi Padawan

star 4
  10. PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Dreams to me never make sence, the only reason I posted it cause I thought it'd be cool to post. Sorry it was long:-(
  11. TionneHawk Jedi Knight

star 5
    Wow..that's a great dream! It actually DID make sense...well, more sense than any of mine do.
    Thank you, I needed a little laughter today. :)
  12. Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Wow that is quite a tale.[face_hypnotized]

Thanks for sharing.:)

13. PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling

star 1
    It's good to see someone enjoyed my dream:) I woke up crying!:_| It scared me!:_|
  14. outrider462004 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sometimes its hard to remember that. I had to help make a film that was supposed to be a dream. I didn't understand it one bit. Now I understand whats happening. Now that I think about it, dreams sometimes to make sence even though in a way its like part one's imagination.
  15. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    HEY EVERYONE!

just wanted to let you know that i'm still around.

lately i've been doing family things, my dad is in asia, my band is recording a full length E.P., and one of my good friends just passed away.

so i've been busy, but i should still make time for you guys.

so whats everyone up to?
  16. sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling

star 3
    sup aj glad to hear about your band, sorry to hear about your friend, hope to see ya at the next time you get time to come to a meeting
  17. Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Qui-Gundi_15, Awesome about your band.=D=

I owe, I owe, so work....work...work...work.

Post where and when your band is playing again in town here.

I would like to go.

P.s. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend.[face_worried]

18. TionneHawk Jedi Knight

star 5
    AJ!!! [:D]
    I am glad to hear your band is doing well. I spoke to your mom the other day (before our meeting) I hope you are all doing well without your dad in the country. Sorry to hear about your friend. I'm always here for you if you need somone to listen.
    [:D]
  19. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    his memorial is today so thats where i'll be at 1.
  20. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight

star 5
    Sorry to hear that bro

Okay, here is something I have been toying with. It's a very rough example. The problem I have is trying to get the "plastic look" over picture. I am close, but still trying different filters and effects. I need a good Lens Flare filter plugin for Paint Shop Pro. And of course, I am using my favorite test subject. ;)

Carded Figure Picture
    [image=http://swanb.net/misc_pics/example1deadpoop.jpg]
    click to enlarge

I am not set on using this back ground. I may use another Figure background
  21. DarthDikum Jedi Youngling

That is AWESOME!!! I wish I could do that on my computer.
  22. ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight

star 5
    Wow.. thats great LDV.

Impressive
  23. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight

star 5

Thanks DarthDikum - you too could do this on your computer my young padawan. ;) I have the software if you are interested. ;)

Thank you Shasa - just fooling around with some stuff on a Friday night, while I nurse my poor back.
  24. sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling

star 3
    ldv i think having S.V.R.F. badge or i.d. would be sweet jackets would be nice also .well i am going to be watching u.f.c. tomorrow so everyone have a great weekend and be safe
  25. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight

star 5
    You mean something like this?
    [image=http://swanb.net/misc_pics/badge1a.jpg]
    ;) click image

Yes, I agree about the jackets. I would love to have one with the Logo or Flag embroidered on it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.