main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

24: Redemption by Sean Callery

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by CaptSparrow, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptSparrow

CaptSparrow Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2006
    The soundtrack from the prequel to season 7 arrives tomorrow with the release of the DVD. Based on what I heard from the prequel last night it looks to be another good Callery score. I still wish that they released more music from all the seasons, and the music from season 6 is well deserving of a release, in my opinion.

Information about the release is here http://www.varesesarabande.com/details.asp?pid=vsd%2D302%2D066%2D936%2D2

No samples yet though, hopefully soon.

Discuss...

2. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Nothing really special here other than the 24 main theme which has been done to death

3. rich-narco

rich-narco Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2004
    Callery's a great guy. I worked for him recording the 24:the Game soundtrack at Abbey Road, which produced amongst other things by far and away the best version of the theme music simply because it was played by Londons Elite - including the legendary Maurice Murhpy!!. Callery is underrated as a composer - the guy should be making arthouse films - he sure does have one hell of a talent.

4. CaptSparrow

Sep 5, 2006
    You got to work with him! That must have been fun.

I've really liked all his work on 24, I can't really say anything he has done for the show that has been bad. The only thing that I would like to see would to be a release of some music from season 6. There's some good music from that season.

5. CaptSparrow

Sep 5, 2006
    I got the CD for Christmas, and thus far my favorite tracks are 'Across the Plains' when Trammel goes to give the subpoena to Jack, 'Evacuating The School' and 'Open the Gate'.

This score is definitely different from the previous seasons, and the vocals definitely make the music more dramatic. I recommend this to all who saw the movie and enjoyed the score.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.