main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

24: The Game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Agent_SkywalKer, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasonNTS

JasonNTS Jedi Master star 1

Aug 9, 2005
    This game looks like its gonna be great.
    Already hearing great things from Official Playstation 2 Magazine UK about it. They even got to play a level and had nothing but good comments about it.
    Originally it was suppose to come out this month, but apparently its coming out around March now. I don't mind, i'd rather wait and let them tweak the game.

2. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
  3. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Is it me, or do the graphics in the game look bad?

4. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Well, it IS coming on the PS2 after all. [face_whistling]

:p

5. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    maybe they should've just pushed it back to release w/ the PS3 to improve the graphics.

6. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Yeah! I've seen Commodore 64 games that have better graphics than that.

7. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Ha, the Commodore 64 is STILL my favourite gaming machine of all-time :p

I'm still lookin' forward to "24"..

8. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
  9. darktalon

darktalon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2005
    That's always the problem with games based on other media - what works for instance on TV doesn't necessarily work in a game.

10. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I don't see how you can look at those screens and tell me that those graphics look bad. They don't look bad at all, they look great to me. It must be just you. :)

Anyways, I've seen the trailers and gameplay videos for this game on Gamespot and I must say that this game will be very cool and will have some good interesting innovations in this game. I mean I always got confused between Seasons 2 and 3 about Palmer, when that girl shakes his hand after the speech and it's this paper that puts some stuff on him or something like that. Then when Season 3 starts he get's all weird and looks like he's going to die or something. O_O

11. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I get confusion over release dates in the UK.

Anyone got an official answer ?

I'll buy it on opening day - I'm a huge fan, and given it's being voiced by the main characters I can't wait to play it.

12. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    U.S. is Feb. 28th I believe, I'm not sure if it is the same for U.K. or not.

13. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    Sorry about the double post.

Many of you probably know this but for any who don't, if you want to play the demo for 24: The Game, you just need to pick up PlayStation Magazine Issue 101. Inside is a demo disc with four short levels of 24 action: interrogation, driving, using the satellite, and playing as Jack [Third Person Shooter].

[image=http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/2998/scan8vb.jpg]

14. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    ...well, reportedly this is the day the game ships...

I'm gonna be heading out tomorrow morning to see if i can find it anywhere in my area.. I'm interested in seeing what it's like.

15. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    I am also planning on picking the game up tomorrow.

16. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    ..i went out this morning and scoured my entire city.. No one seems to have gotten the game, yet.

"Best Buy" actually told me that they had been expecting the game LAST week, and still no dice.

I eventually settled for reserving a copy at EB. Now we play the waiting game...

17. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    My local GameStop had the game in stock so I dropped by and picked it up. I'm getting ready to play it now. :D

18. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    I just beat the first Kim mission, about ten hours into it. The controls are pretty damn terrible, and some major suspension of disbelief going on with the Tony, Michelle, and Kim missions. Also Jack taking out 7 snipers at once, and the fact that there was absolutely no traffic in the area where Prescott's motorcade was ambushed and CTU getting taken over by some armed gunmen so easily.

No way would I bother with this game if it weren't 24, but it is. The cutscenes are very very well done, even though Michelle and Kim look terrible. And surprise villain Nina just showed up, and I'm pretty sure I saw Michael Amador's name on her computer screen

19. Phantom-Iam

Phantom-Iam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2002
    Got it. I need to get use to how the controls work. In the middle of missions when taking cover it walk out and get shot [face_blush]

So far a pretty fun game. I loved the first driving mission, I turned into on coming traffic and caused a huge accident. :p

20. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    ...yeah, i picked this one up this morning from EB...

Played up to the beginning of the first Tony Mission (Man does Tony have a funny run :p ).

There are a few hiccups (i keep having enemies spot me THRU WALLS, and there is admittedly a bit of adjustment with the camera/controls), but once i got adjusted (midway thru the first Chase mission), i was actually having alot of fun. I actually BELIEVED that Chase might possibly be a badass here (whereas i never believed it in Season 3 :p )

The variety of weapons that you come across is neat, and i really love how you have the option to order a guy to surrender rather then shoot him.

The little mini-puzzles that you have to solve are more fun then hindrance, too, so far.

The character models in the cutscenes are first rate.

If you're a fan of the series, i definitely recommend checking this one out.

21. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    coolio - it's not out for a few weeks here yet, but I'll be getting it.

I love 24, and need my fix ;)

However, I need to start playing NFS: Most Wanted, because I bought it ages ago, and haven't started playing it yet !!!

22. Phantom-Iam

Phantom-Iam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2002
    I never believed it either. Ever since he told (was it Chloe or Kim),"I gotta go DARK!!!"

I too also recommend the game to the 24 fans :D

23. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Well I beat the game. Overall I am satisfied but the ending was a bit underwhelming. And Trepkos was never seen, or even mentioned.

24. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    ...i still haven't beaten it yet, but i'm having alot of fun with the game..

Surprised at how much you get to play as TONY, to be honest.

25. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    could you tell what the ending was? i don't have PS2 so I won't be able to play it for a while unless it comes out for XBOX 360

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.