main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 24: The Jack Bauer Power Hour (and Spin-Offs)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2005.

1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Cherry Jones won the Emmy for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for her role as President Allison Taylor in 24. :D

So glad she won. Well deserved.

2. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Congrats to Cherry Jones. =D=

3. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    She apparently said that she was particularly happy to win because Season 8 might be the last.

4. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
  5. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
  6. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Looks good but again with the whole Jack coming out of retirement to save the world thing? I mean think about it....how many seasons have started with Jack already part of CTU or some government agency? 1 and 3 he's with CTU, 2 he's "retired" and needs convincing to come back, 4 he's working with Heller, 5 he comes back from the dead, 6 he's back from China, and finally last year he's only in the US because of a subpoena.

It just seems like every year he's "done" but something always brings him back.

7. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    While acknowledging that they don't tend to stick with the first threat for the entire season, it's nice to see that it looks somewhat smaller scale (assassination plot, reminds me of Season 1).

8. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    The official trailer airs during the World Series tonight, but is already on youtube.

9. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    According to EW/Ausiello, Pres Logan will be back towards the end of Day 8.

10. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Wonder if the cougar will make a grand finale?

11. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    [face_dancing]

12. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Those links are down, but there are others that are easily found.

And sorry for forgetting to HTR.

13. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Fox now has a featurette up on YouTube. Looks very cool.

EDIT: interesting, in both this and the trailer, very little of Kim. does she just have a quick appearance at the beginning, then leave with little Teri.
    One really bad thought crossed my mind rewatching the trailer: if you wanted to take Jack even lower than after Terri's death and Audrey's babbling lobotomy, kill little Teri. He does a dive from the Empire State Building, end of show.

14. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    This has to be the least amount of hype ever for a new season. :p

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, the last time we came out of a great season and got excited for the next one, we got Season 6, so this time we don't want to jinx it ;)

16. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    JACK AXED MURDERED SOMEONE. AWESOME. Loved the first two. They reminded me of seasons 2 and 4, thus they are going to slowly build-up into awesomeness.

17. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Jack's happy. That never works out well for him. Last time he was this happy, his wife died.

That said, nice start to the day. I'm actually really liking Freddie Prinze Jr.'s character, so far. He stood out amongst the new people. But please, let this whole, "stalker/haunted past", Battlestar chick's story be interesting. It has a hint of being kind of boring, I hope I'm wrong though.

18. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Since this won't be airing in Austria until late in the year, I signed up for the season pass on itunes. Lookign forward to downloading the first 2 hours tonight or tomorrow.

19. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    While the two episodes as a whole were only okay and nothing really spectacular, I was pleasantly surprised with how they handled Jack getting pulled back in. I was dreading the inevitable moment where Jack has to dissapoint Kim because he's not coming with them to LA, but they surprised me with having Kim talk Jack into going back. I liked that.

And Katee Sackhoff looks great. I always preferred her with longer hair.

20. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    It took them several seasons, but the writers have finally gotten Kim to a point that makes sense and makes me like her. Also is it just me or is Grandpa Jack probably the best babysitter ever. I can't imagine Kim ever worries about leaving the kid with Jack. :p

I like the look of new CTU and I like the Chloe is low man on the totem pole. I think she'll do a nice job by the end of putting these young whippersnappers in their place. ;)

But a lot of last night was predictable. It was predictable that Allison would divorce her husband, it was predictable that the director of CTU was a jerk who wouldn't listen to Jack (but I love that Jack threatened to tattle to Taylor. Nice to have a president who trusts Jack. Maybe we can bypass a lot of the usual garbage about not listening to Jack based on that alone!)

The reporter not being the assassin was incredibly predicatable as was the brother's role. So far I'm iffy on this president. And of course I'm far more interested in what the bigger plot could be.

But all that matters is that Jack was awesome. The ax and knocking the guy to his death were perfect. Not as awesome/creepy as Vampire Jack from Season 6 but still very good.

Looking forward to my favorite FBI agent's return tonight! :cool:

21. JMJacenSolo

JMJacenSolo Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2006
    I have to be honest...I thought the episodes were terrible. Aside from the snazzy new CTU, I wasn't impressed with anything. The writing seemed really poor. Chloe is having trouble with the new computer system, yet of course she's able to hack into the drone network within a matter of seconds. Why are they emphasizing the drones so much, anyway? Chloe's hunch on the person who planted the data just seemed silly.

The only thing intriguing to me is the whole Dana/Jenny identity thing.

22. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I thought that the brother was way too obvious. I was hoping that it would be the wife, or possibly the daughter. We'll see how tonight goes.

24 is an addiction, though. You can't just not watch. :p

23. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    The theme seemed to be that this was the new more advanced CTU with all their high tech and yet low tech, outdated Jack and Chloe are figuring out things they can't because they are relying too heavily on their tech (drones, biometrics, etc.)

24. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Hmmm 24 must be a much better show than Heroes, cuz I am not going to watch Heroes this week(Live)!

Sucks they are both on at the same time.

*Sigh* another black authority being portrayed as IGNORANT, and WRONG!

And, Jack's granddaughter is Adorable! [face_love]

25. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Hahaha holy ****. That ending plus Herc from The Wire = win.