main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 24: The Jack Bauer Power Hour (and Spin-Offs)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2005.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Finishing up season 7 - I forgot how awful Tony really gets, murdering Moss and so many FBI agents. Hate to see that happen, he was a great supporting character.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Tried season 1 years ago, didn't work and came to loathe it.

The problem is simple: How much crap do you believe can happen to 1 guy in 1 day? That and the whole 24hrs business doesn't work when you watch on DVD - what's really happening ion those 15 minutes hmm? What is it, Jack has a shave and takes a crap or gets lunch?

The whole thing went way past what I can credit and don't get me started on Kim!

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I know, right? Because so many successful TV franchises are grounded in absolute reality.

Starting season 8. Probably my favorite after 4 and 5.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    There's creative latitude and there's 24! And then there's Kim.... Not stopping you enjoying it though!

5. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    :)

Kim is awful, we agree there. But she's purty.

6. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    I'll take three seasons of Kim over the constant subplots about the personal lives of CTU tech-heads and all the moles.

yankee8255 likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I didn't like Buchanan at first because he yelled all the time, but he was really good in season 7.

8. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    We have a trailer

heels1785 likes this.
  9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Oh I am so ready for this.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'M GONNA NEED A HACKSAW

11. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    I watched the first hour of the premiere of 24:Live Another Day. It's good.

I'm not a big 24 fan. I've only watched the first 2 or 3 episodes of the final season but I may tune into this series. Twelve episodes is easier to commit to than twenty-four.

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The commercial for the Aaron's 499 at Talledega voiced by Jack Bauer is awesome.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    FOX has got a behind-the-scenes special on Live Another Day tonight at 8:30 - set your DVRs.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    IGN also has a review up of the premiere, 9 out of 10.

15. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Looks like
    Catelyn Stark is the villain

16. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Great start to the season. But I've always loved each season's beginnings. It's later when they fall apart.

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I only got to see the start of it. Felt great to be watching 24 again.

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Very odd start, will take me a while to get used to this. Jack great as always, liked Bratt's character too, I think he will end up as an ally for Jack and Chloe. Sad to see Heller deteriorated so much from his glory days of season 4.

Most importantly, I hope Audrey's new husband meets a horrible end. What an insufferable prick he is.

19. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    I dunno, I actually liked Audrey's husband. He had some good points about President Heller and the British Parliament. He's just too brutally honest.

But yeah he's totally going to die.

20. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    When they start jumping ahead, I hope the "Previously On" segment features joke stories from the skipped over episodes. Just to mess with people.

"WTF!? They finally found Behrooz!?!? And I missed it! DAMNIT."

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    2 episodes in and we have a "Dammit!".

24 is back. :D

Also kinda funny that the show can be off the air for 4 years, reflect that same passage of time between Season 8 and LAD, and still technically be set ten years in the future.:-B[face_tee_hee]

Sidenote: I guess we're going to be in Afghanistan for an even more, very long time... ;)

TX-20 likes this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Absolutely devastating about Morris and Prescott. Really important scene though.

23. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, that kinda sucked. Chloe has been in a **** place for quite a while now it seems.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Adrian Cross is a ****stick. Good episode though!

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I thought this week was a solid episode out of the 24 subgenre of "Jack actually has to stay in one place, basically, for an hour while everyone else does the narrative heavy lifting" cuz a lot of the times those episodes feel like filler. It had a great method of ratcheting up the tension without putting Jack on the front lines (generally, when Jack isn't leading a raid, things turn out very, very badly for whoever is), and gotta love the "24" standby of "bad guy puts one through the head of some chump" episode closer (I could happily watch an entire season that ended every episode there).
    I thought Sutherland and Raver were very good in their one scene together, but I will admit I'm not as emotionally invested in their broken relationship if only because I'm a Rene Walker fan. Jack + Freckles 4 evah. (even if she's dead)