main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 24: The Jack Bauer Power Hour (and Spin-Offs)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2005.

1. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Good, glad to have you aboard. If this season is typical of the previous three then we're in for one helluva ride.

2. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Ok, I watched the two hour season premiere and I'm interested. It's pretty cool. Some things were predictable, like, I had a feeling that the girlfriend of that kid would end up following him, and sure enough. And Lukas Haas (The witness kid from Witness) had a couple of less-than-convincing moments. But I enjoyed it. I thought there might be a shaky-cam issue with the show, but I was pleased to find that the camera work here is not distracting. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Oh, and what was that about Jack getting fired for being addicted to heroin? Is that something that occurred on the show in the past season?

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    yes- during the third season we find out (pretty much in the first episode) that, between the 2nd and 3rd seasons, Jack acquired a heroin addiction while undercover attempting to infiltrate a drug cartel.

4. Obi-Wan2001

Sep 6, 2001
    Wow, that 3rd season must have been an interesting day. :p

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, Jack's just one of those guys who has one of those every now and then ;)

Now, as far as this season's kidnapping victims go- the producers really need to be more careful, I mean- we already know he goes on to be President...

[image=http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s7/graphics/720_03.jpg] [image=http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s7/graphics/722_02.jpg]

Oh, no- Anubis! :eek:

[image=http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s7/graphics/722_05.jpg] [image=http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s7/graphics/722_04.jpg]

Only two men can save him now!

[image=http://www.stargatefan.com/multimedia/Portraits/Jack/images/Jack255.jpg] [image=http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/24/your24/images/news_repeats.jpg]

Jack and Jack- Back to Back!

;) :D ;)

and thus ends my brief moment of insanity...

6. Obi-Wan2001

Sep 6, 2001
    [face_laugh] I always trip out that William Devane is Kelly Leak's dad and coach of the Bears in The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training. Which Devane and
    Jackie Earle Haley shine in, btw.

[image=http://www.younghollywoodhof.com/drina/jackieearle.jpg]

7. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    God I loved last nights' 24. BUT I had things I liked and things I didn't.

My favorite being. When Jack moved into the interogation room. I thought, now that's how to interogate one of those b*st*rds.

My biggest issue is I don't like most of the new CTU cast.

Can't wait for tonight though. The terrorist mother giving her son the gun and telling him to take his girlfriend to the basement and take care of it.

phew!

8. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Alot of people seem to dislike the new CTU cast. Personally I think its way too soon to make any kind of judgements on any of them (even Driscoll, who seems like a robot emotionally, but anyway). Let's give them half a season and see what they can do. Even if we end up disliking them after getting to know them a bit, I wouldnt worry about them too much. From everything Ive read, the CTU characters roles will be greatly reduced this year than from what we're used to in past seasons so they shouldnt be much of a factor in things. Its all about Jack this year.

9. adoyidej

adoyidej Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2004
    I agree it's way to early to make judgements about the new cast. I was quite impressed with the premiere last night, and will definitely be tuning in tonight as well. This looks like it has the potential to be a great season.

I agree with you though on how predictable it was that the kids girlfriend followed him. But did you see the previews for tonight? They made it look like the parents forced him to kill her himself! My god!

10. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    A great premiere I thought. A bit predictable, but I'm not complaining too much since it's still better than 90% of what's on TV.

I know we need to keep the idea up that Jack is the only one that can save the day, but why is everyone so far behind Jack in figuring stuff out?

Driscoll was ridiculously stupid in not working up the "internet problem" (unless she has another motive) and the lead field agent, crap, you knew he was going to get plugged. I would've expected better from the lead field agent.

Anyway, so who's the mole?? Who had access to Heller's altered schedule? Any theories?

11. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Driscoll was ridiculously stupid

I still really enjoyed it. It is better than 90% of what's on tv. Hell I'll even say it's better than everything else.

But CSI-MIAMI & CSI tie for second place.

12. adoyidej

adoyidej Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2004
    Now I know Jack is the hero, and the decisions he makes almost always are portrayed as the best for national security, but I can't believe he was allowed to negotiate his way out of custody. I mean c'mon! Can you really blame them for detaining him? A guy who doesn't work for CTU bursts in on a CTU interogation and shoots a guy in the kneecap? I mean is there really any other right movie then to assume he's lost it and lock him up? Regardless of what plot he tried to help stop?

13. Maveric

Maveric Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 1999
    For some reason the VCR didn't tape. Rather annoying actually. So now I am 2 hours behind. Two more hours tonight, correct?

14. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ah, god bless Cloey...

"why are you always so impatient with everybody?"

"not everybody-just you"

[face_laugh]

16. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Two great episodes tonight. I loved how Jack came up with the hostage idea to detain the suspect and Im also glad that they didnt drag it out too long. I also like how it seems that everything with Heller and Audrey comes to a head next week. Slowly but surely it seems like Driscoll and Curtis are slowly coming around, too. Marianne seems interesting, but I just hope that they dont go down the predictable mole/traitor route with her.

Anyone here think that Richard Heller knew about his father's kidnapping ahead of time ? He may not have known precisely what would happen to his father but I think that he definitely knew something was going to go down...

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    yeah, once i figured out what Jack was gonna do to keep the guy there- yeah, awesome.

I'm thinking we're gonna get some Grosse Pointe Blank type stuff with Jack telling the Secretary about him and his daughter, during a shootout to save his life ::)

18. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    I knew that kid wouldn't be able to kill his girlfriend.

I was right behind Keller on that escape effort though.

I fell asleep at the second hour. I can't believe I'm coming clean about that but, I wanna know how the second hour ended and what was the preview for next week like?

19. PuccaKenobi

PuccaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2004
    Poor Debbie, the Mom is so evil.. I hope Bahrooz kills her, but I don't think he has the guts.

Jack kicked major butt as usual, I liked the 2 episodes last night better than the first two.

20. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    The second hour ended with Jack leaving the gas station with the suspect at gunpoint and forcing him to get into his car and drive. They drove a bit and Jack told him to get out, then called Chloe and told her to get the satellites in position and follow the suspect on foot. Moments later, Driscoll has Chloe taken into custody as Jack again tries to convince Driscoll that she's wrong. Soon afterwards they begin to see that he's right as the suspect carjacks a truck and a cellphone. They are able to isolate the call he makes to Omar at the bunker and it seems that Driscoll and Curtis start to realize that Jack has been right all along.

The hour ends with Jack driving into a roadblock set up by the cops after the faux robbery. He glances at his gun for a moment but then decides to surrender and the hour ends with the cops about to take him into custody.

The clips for next week are a montage of rushed images of course, but the ones that really stood out were Behrooz' mom convincing Debbie's mom that she doesnt know where she is; Jack seemingly storming the bunker with an assault rifle; and the President considering allowing the SoD to be killed, although the circumstances arent known, at least not out of context like that.

Hope that helps. :)

21. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    huh ? :eek:

and the President considering allowing the SoD to be killed

22. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    That's what I thought I heard, but again, the clips are always out of context, so...

23. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    That's why I don't like watching the clips, because...

a) they sometimes (alot of times, actually) give some big things from the next episode away

b) they are shown out of context

This may sound a bit anal...but do you think we should black-out any posts that pertain to the previews that are shown at the end of episodes? Because I know that there are some folks (myself included) that avoid the preview...because they don't want to be somewhat spoiled. What do you guys/gals think?

24. ratherkissawookie

ratherkissawookie Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2002
    In relation to the President's remarks in the preview, they related to the phone call he made to Driscoll. She was the one who suggested that he authorize a full-scale assault. I think she's insane. Maybe she's coming around now that she sees that Jack has already been right a lot.

I'm a new viewer too, though my dad has been watching since season one or two. I'm officially addicted and am now wondering how Jack will get himself out of his current predicament (because he obviously does).

EDIT: Added highlights for you non-preview people.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    preview spoilers

The President seems to be considering the assault, even if it kills the SoD, since he's about to be killed anyways, he reasons.