main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 24: The Jack Bauer Power Hour (and Spin-Offs)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2005.

1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Loved Agent Sarah this week (I refuse to call her Kate! There is only one Kate on this show and that was Kate Warner!)
    I'm glad she and Jack will be spending quality time together. I'm thinking next episode is when they'll start skipping time a bit.
    Also,
    Navarro's dead right? It's the classic "Head of Agency goes on rare mission and dies/is injured" 24 trope (See Walsh, Mason, Tony(wounded), others)

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Yeah they're the red shirts of 24.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Yeah I'm hoping Benjamin Bratt can live longer, but since it's only 12 episodes, we're about at the mid season arc of people dropping like flies.

I was also a Renee Walker fan BigAl6ft6

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    After that big explosion, Kate Morgan is gonna run the operation now and Chole is gonna be backup at the computer. I'd say about 2 episodes away from classic 24 at the headquarters yelling at Jack who is leading ops in the field. They'll probably rename it CTU just for kicks.

Aside, Yvonne Strahovski was also on "Dexter" as Hannah and was involved with Dexter Morgan so I keep kinda head-cannon-ing that after she went on the run she changed her name, took Dexter's last name and got a job at the CIA.

heels1785 likes this.
  5. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Given the previews:

Heller basically says give Jack whatever he needs. How long before Chloe runs the field office?

And Yvonne will always be Sarah Walker Bartowski!

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Tonight's episode was the best since the season 5 finale. Without question.

They are doing some incredible work with this miniseries, I'm almost positive it will lead to the return of the full series.

Adrian Cross is going to be much more important than previously imagined - not just a hacker with a crush on Chloe, apparently.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Yeah, I was skeptical about the whole Simone getting hit by a bus thing, but they did the followup very well. Good thing I watched this instead of the Rangers.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    This is what comes with having less episodes and therefore a tighter timeline to play with. Things don't get dragged out as much, or filler created to pad out hours where things are not occurring.

9. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Indeed. I could see a couple more of these mini series events. Not sure about a whole season though.

Funniest line I read elsewhere was how Jack operates: he gives a direct order but then says please like the person actually has a choice.

I think we all saw the Heller thing coming a mile away. He was always too honorable and naturally it makes sense in his mind.

What he fails to realize is she'll kill him anyway and in doing so incite a war. Even if he left his resignation behind, he's still an American president and killing an American president on foreign soil will start a war.

What's even dumber is that Margo will essentially make James into a martyr and a hero. So if her goal was to punish him, he ultimately gets the last laugh even if she blows him to pieces.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I cannot wait to see the downfall of Mark Boudreau. He's a snake.

11. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

And why are we spoiling tagging this anyway? So, eh...start a war with who exactly? Margot may be an extremist nutjob but is she acting on behalf of any specific foreign power the US could declare war upon? The only things she'll definitely accomplish is to 1) indeed make a martyr out of Heller - despite his state of mind, he is sacrificing himself to prevent a catastrophe - 2) reinforce the current US foreign policy and 3) perpetuate the war on terror.

Truth be told though, I can't wait for Jack to ice her. Unlike other former Bauer foes, this one is completely off her rocker and a bullet to the head seems to be the only viable cure.

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Jack's not going to let anything happen to Heller.

13. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Jack isn't infallible. And if there's one authority he seldom ignores or outright disobeys is that of the POTUS. If Heller puts himself in a position of imminent danger and Jack is unable to save him, well, that will be that. And heaven help those in Jack's path.

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Heller's been with Jack, through thick and thin, for many years. Plus, he knows the grief that would consume Audrey. Even with how they've treated him while Heller has been POTUS - after they meet and talk, I don't think Heller goes into Wembley without a plan to bait Margo (who, by the way, is the best pure villain since Habib Marwan) and Jack without a strategy to protect Heller.

I could be wrong, but I hope I'm not.

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Heller is going to be killed tragically, time will skip forward until landing in London to be sworn in is Vice President Tony Almeida.

You're welcome.

Also I want to see Jack punch out at least 3 more random motorists this season.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Vice President Behrooz Araz

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Vice President Charles Logan With Half His Face Missing Cuz He Blew It Off

18. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    President Heller: "Where's the Vice-President?"
    Mark Boudreau: "No one has seen him."

heels1785 likes this.
  19. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    Well then.

20. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    No silent clock? :(

21. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    Between GOT and this, everyone's getting blown up.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Oh my God.

Never thought they'd do it. Some dark stuff, feel bad for anyone who runs upon Mr. Bauer for the rest of this miniseries expecting to survive. Caitlyn Stark is an evil piece.

23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I missed it, catching only the last minute or so.

Did that just happen? Did psycho Lady Stark just blow up POTUS?

Holy ******* ...!

24. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Not since Ryan Chapelle has there been a sadder death. But what makes this one great is that James Heller goes out on his terms. Granted, he knows he's a dying man. So this was a but like George Mason's sacrifice. But kudos for 24 killing essentially a sitting president. Sure he had resigned, but that's really close to semantics. We don't know who the VP is, but I doubt he or the Prime Minister won't want revenge. Meanwhile, I think Margo was ultimately beaten. Sure she got Heller, but she never expected that. So what is it she really wanted?

Also from the previews next week:

It looks like Ian is gonna fly so to speak. Whether that motivates her to keep going or they are ending her plot for the Russian and Navarro plots remains to be seen. I really like Margo so I'd like to see her up til the last episode personally.

Shame this didn't air Sunday. Could have made for some Happy Father's Day jokes.

heels1785 likes this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Curtis' death was much worse for me than Chappelle. I was pretty close to tears when he went down. Chappelle was a lot like Erin Driscoll - turned out they were good people, but the audience spent so long hating them that when they left (or in Driscoll's case, her daughter), it wasn't all that bad.

The deaths to start day 5 were up there too, David Palmer's assassination is still the most jarring moment of this series for me. Teri, too, of course. Hated to see Heller go out, he cheated death multiple times, but I agree with Minch, I think the character would rather go out like this, as opposed to succumbing to Alzheimer's.

I think there is going to be hell to pay, both from Jack and the British PM, who I imagine will be pretty incensed - could set up a larger storyline and/or war that could..lead into a new full season of 24? (please?) :p