main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 24: The Jack Bauer Power Hour (and Spin-Offs)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2005.

1. ratherkissawookie

ratherkissawookie Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2002
    More preview chatter:

Jack does not appear to be alone when he is storming the compound (if that is in fact what he is doing). Also, how will Mrs. Araz get off the hook with Debbie's mother standing at the door. I wonder if Behrooz will try to pull something.

All the actors portraying members of the Araz family are doing a great job. I'm really impressed by Mrs. Araz--what a great addition to the show. She obviously deserved her Academy Award nom.

2. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Yeah, she's creepy as hell. What did she get an Academy Award nomination for?

3. ratherkissawookie

Feb 17, 2002
    She was up for best supporting actress for her role in House of Sand and Fog. I never saw it, but you can obviously tell how good she is from the show.

4. Obi-Wan2001

Sep 6, 2001
    Thanks. Yeah, I never saw that, but she's great in this.

Also, the guy who played the gas station mini-mart owner had a very large part in A Simple Plan, with Billy Bob Thornton and Bill Paxton. And he was fantastic in it. So, they even get quality bit players in this show.

5. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Who was he, the third guy they found the money with ?

6. Obi-Wan2001

Sep 6, 2001
    Yup. It's actually his idea that they keep the money.

7. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    The muslim kid's mom is creepy as hell...but also hot. She has that look of someone who has been ultra-brainwashed. Look at how she stares and walks around. Almost robotic. She reminds me of the people that drank the blood in Temple of Doom...with the slow movements...the bulging, non-blinking eyes...and the slow, robotic speech. *shudder*

She's still hot, though. :p

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Now that I think about, she also sorta fills the void left by Sheri as the show's villaness.

9. ratherkissawookie

Feb 17, 2002
    She is a very good villainess. I thought she might have done something to the tea, but then I thought, "No, the preview showed her giving the gun to Behrooz." I got punk'd!

Anyway, what exactly is in the briefcase? It must be very important to be handcuffed to a man's wrist and for him to have two guards.

10. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    Strange. I consider Mama Behrooz to be giving an awful acting performance. She just isn't doing it for me.

11. adoyidej

adoyidej Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2004
    Aisha Tyler seems to be filling the role occupied by Sheri Palmer last year. At least in the sense that she seems to be trying to stick her fingers in on everything and then use what information she gets to blackmail people and angle for more influence and power.

12. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    I just hope that they do something different with her rather than go down the tired old mole/traitor route. Obviously this has been done to death on 24.

13. Roland_Hill

Roland_Hill Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2003
    Hope you don't mind if I join in...

Before Season 4, I only watched 24 on DVDs... I figured it might be nice to tune in and give it better ratings. :)

IMO, this is the best season yet. No cougars or instant amnesia so far...thank God! Props to the guy who plays Edgar; he reminds me of myself when I worked in the summer. There was a good degree of tension in the first episode where Jack's stomping around CTU and probably cursing the fact that he's not being let in on everything. And while we're on the subject of Jack, he's even crazier than usual, especially when he shot the guy in the interrogation room and later (ignoring my calls to slash the tires of the terrorist's car) "robbed" the gas station...what a nut! It's making for great TV. :)

14. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Yea, so far its been great. This could very well be the best season to date if the producers stick to their word and eliminate some of the more ridiculous plotlines of the past three seasons.

15. adoyidej

adoyidej Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2004
    I agree it has been great so far. I miss President Palmer a little bit, but I agree that the biggest problem with past seasons was the absurb plot lines apart from Jack Bauer (Kim's stuff in Season 2 was particularly painful). We may yet see dumb stuff with other characters occur, but so far they seem to want to keep the focus on Jack.

16. Roland_Hill

Jul 6, 2003
    I like Palmer too... Dennis Haysbert has a great voice and plays a believable President. One thing I disliked about Season 3 was that the President and Jack had seperate storylines. In the first season, Jack's trying to save Palmer; in the second, the evidence Jack's searching for will influence Palmer's decisions. Season 3 was almost like watching two shows at times.

So, is the recipe for success to have no far-out stuff and keep the focus on Jack? :)

EDIT: Made a spelling error...ack.

17. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Yeah, season three was like two different storylines. I think this season is off to a great start, it reminds alot of season one, when everyone was on everybody's nerves. I do find myself talking to the terrorists, saying "Yeah, thats a good idea. Wait til Jack gets ahold of you!!!"

24 is the best show on TV.

18. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    I was dissapointed with Palmer's final arc in season three. I thought that it was very lackluster and anticlimactic, even though Wayne was an interesting new character. In hindsight they probably would have been better off killing him at the end of season two.

Speaking of which, does anyone think that we'll ever see Mandy again ?

19. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    Part of me wants to see Mandy back, because she's such a cool, sexy, deadly character. But I also think it would be very edgy if we never saw her again. That's what an assasin does, slips in and out of sight.

I've always thought that the Feds would have gone back through the footage of Palmer's press conference, and tracked down every person who shook his hand. But of course, by then Mandy was probably in a shack in Uganda or something.

20. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    I don't actually miss Palmer, due to the lacklustre season 3 plot.

I could see Mandy showing up in the series finale...everything is tied up and then she assasinates Jack. Fade to black.

21. Roland_Hill

Jul 6, 2003
    "Yeah, thats a good idea. Wait til Jack gets ahold of you!!!"

[face_laugh]

I could see Mandy showing up in the series finale...everything is tied up and then she assasinates Jack. Fade to black.

That would definitely be a "holy crap" ending... and probably provoke fan outrage. I'm not sure how I'd react. On the one hand it's cool; on the other, no Season 5 I suppose.

Speaking of which... is this the last season or what? Do we even know?

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think the series could go on without Jack, but they need the right character to fill his shoes (Tony would have worked well if they hadn't, well, done what they did at the end of season 3)

23. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    I don't mean offing Jack at the end of this season, but at the end of the whole series, whenever that may be.

24. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    I honestly dont think that the show would last very long without Jack. Sure, the producers and FOX may try and do something like that if Kiefer ever wanted out, but I dont think that the majority of fans would ever truly accept someone else in the Jack Bauer role. Maybe if Chase was still around they possibly could have groomed him to take over for Jack a couple of seasons down the road, but even then I dont think it would last all that long. Jack's the whole show, bottom line.

Somebody asked a few posts up whether or not this will be the last season. Doesnt look like FOX has any plans to stop production, and from what Ive read in interviews with Kiefer and the producers they feel that they can definitely keep the show going for a couple of more seasons beyond this one. (For the record, Sutherland has stated that he feels that the show could very easily go on without him, but personally I highly doubt that).

Either way, though, I dont see Jack being killed off and replaced with a new hero agent, unless this was confirmed to be the last season. I could definitely see a scenario like Ignant mentioned happening in, say, the series finale, but not before that. Unless Kiefer wants out then I suspect that he'll be with the show until the very end.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm telling ya- "24: The Almeda Files" would be gold ::)