main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 24: The Jack Bauer Power Hour (and Spin-Offs)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2005.

1. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001

I was always wondering why no one has ever brought this series up in the Amphitheatre discussion thread
    before.
    Brillant series and breathe of fresh air compare to all those glitsy Spy films and series we came to know and love.
    24 is a series that turns possiblities into terryfiying reality situation. I still have chills of the end of season 1
    Its the best series that the US has to offer.

However like many series, 24 is not "down-points" free, what i'm reffering to is Kim story
    Its became quite annoying especally iinseason 2 when they kept cutting to "Kims survival guide without her Dad" I simply don't care even the frggin cooger in one episode of season 2 lost interest.

anyway here in UK we have seen both season 1 and 2 so far and don't think season 3 won't be arriving till next year.
    could someone here tell me the synopis of 3 and how good it is and little about 4 as well ?

2. Bireya_Kenobi

Bireya_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2004
    I hadn't ever watched "24" until a month or so before this season's premiere.... My family got the DVDs from Blockbuster and were in the middle of season three when this season started. I still haven't seen the last 6 or so hours and it's kiiilling me.
    Could someone please enlighten me as to what exactly happened to Tony, who was my favorite? (I would just watch the DVDs, but the rest of my family doesn't care enough to get them :p )

3. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    For me, trhee had some great stuff, but overall, it's low points were the lowest. The story was silly, but it had nothing to do with the main plot whatsoever. The issue with that is it was the president.

Season 4 has got off to a great start for me. I'm totally hooked. The story so far is that the Secretary of defence has been kidnapped by muslims, and is going to be put on trial.

Tony's fate is up in the air. It looked like he was going to prison for treason at the end of season 3. I think there are spoilers that can confirm or deny this, but I've avoided them. Oh, and Palmer didn't seek re-election.

4. Roland_Hill

Roland_Hill Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2003
    Somebody asked a few posts up whether or not this will be the last season.

I have a username... :rolleyes: ;)

But it's good to know it'll keep going. And 24 without Keifer...is hard to imagine.

DarthArsenal6: Season 3 is about Jack cozying up to the drug-running Salazar brothers and trying to remove the threat of a biological weapon...in Season 4 Jack works for the Secretary of Defense, a man named James Heller. Heller and his daughter (whom Jack's involved with) get abducted while they're in L.A. and it's up to our hero to try and save them...I don't wanna say any more for fear of spoiling something. If you want to know more, you'll have to either watch the shows when they air over there or convince someone else to tell you. :)

5. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    So, will Jack get to the SecDef before his trial starts at the end of tonights episode?

6. Maveric

Maveric Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 1999
    Doubt it. Most likely (and this is purely conjecture)he will get there right before the SecDef is executed.

7. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    Yes, absolutely Jack will get there before they kill Heller. I think if Heller's dead, that means Audrey will be dead too and Jack doesn't want that.

From the previews, it looks like there is a proposal to attack/bomb the warehouse into oblivion. Jack knows Audrey's in there, so he'll either persuade the powers that be to let him go in and extract them himself, or he'll break protocol and do it himself.

I don't think Heller dies tonight.

8. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    5 1/2 more hours.

I doubt Keller will die tonight.

//watches clock move extra slow.

9. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I think that you meant to say Heller. Keeler is the President.

And I dont think that Heller will die tonight, either, if only because I dont see them breaking Jack's heart again so early in the season (as was said earlier, if Heller dies than most likely so does Audrey).

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Finally! They released a soundtrack! Thank god! Took them long enoguh- been wanting one since the Season 1 DVD came out.

And I guess there's no chance of Debbie being alive now ::(

11. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    24 has so much surprize twists that are really cool.

12. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Pretty intense episode tonight. Cant wait to see Jack snuff the terrorists next week. Also, it looks like we may just find out whats in the briefcase, no ?

13. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    This link here leads to an article about a returning character who will be coming back later this season, but DO NOT click the link if you want to be surprised. You will be spoiled immediately if you do.

14. Darth_Banal

Jul 22, 2002
    I'm glad they released a soundtrack of the scored music, but I'd like one of the pop music, especially from the first season. There was some good stuff there: Tricky, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Perry Ferrell, etc.

15. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    It sucks, I was going to buy all of the "24"s on DVD, but I just found out that the money I was going to use for that has to now go in to replacing my window on my car. I only just started watching "24" half way through last season, I'm mad.

!!!WARNING SPOILERS!!!
    Just thought I would also add onto the list of returning characters.

Tony and Michelle will be back for 2 episodes starting in 2 weeks

16. Darth_Banal

Jul 22, 2002
    I wonder where they're going with Erin's schizophrenic daughter. It could just be a Kim-type angle I guess. I'm not all that fond of that specific part of the plotline, but I gotta say I think that young actress is doing a terrific job portraying the character.

17. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    Yeah, tehre is always the soap opera element. And it's far better than cougars and nut jobs faking nuclear attacks.

18. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Speaking of Teh Cougar, I read an article in today's N.Y. Post that says that rumor has it that Kim may yet make an appearance before this day is over. [face_plain]

19. Darth_Banal

Jul 22, 2002
    It's time to let the cougar go. Just let it go.

20. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Ok, I'm not familiar with the show before this season, what happened with said cougar?

21. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Speaking of Teh Cougar, I read an article in today's N.Y. Post that says that rumor has it that Kim may yet make an appearance before this day is over.

Yeah. The last four shows or something like that. What could she possibly screw up in four hours? :p

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    During season 2, Kim was in the woods/mountains and suddenly gets her leg caught in a trap...as a cougar approaches. I believe that was the cliffhanger ending for that episode too, hehe.

23. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    Kim may have been caught by the cougar trap, but it was the scene after that which every guy liked the most. Tight white tanktop on Kim... [face_love]

As for what happened to the cougar, we all know the cougar is going to come back this season. It was the most important character of season 2! :p 24 needs good animal characters like t3h cougar.

24. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Sigh, yet another mole. Ah, well, at least they didnt drag out her true role too long.

Really good episode, made even more intense now that we know what the device in the briefcase is for. I wonder what role Behrooz will play now that he knows that his father wants him dead.

Also, were my eyes playing tricks on me, or was that Tony and Michelle in the previews for next week ? The images flashed really fast but I taped it so Ill watch it on slower speed later on just to double check.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah the mole thing was annoying/predictable, but everything else was tight.

The first 10 minutes with the rescue was killer, and the SOD's decision about his son was cool too.

Sort wish Jack woulda offed the "map terrorist" even after he showed him where the trial was being held.