main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 24: The Jack Bauer Power Hour (and Spin-Offs)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2005.

1. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    Precisely because it was so predictable makes me think there is more to the "mole" than it seems...

2. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Yea, but they already did a 360 with the mole thing with Gael last season. From what Ive read, though, Edgar plays a fairly pivotal role next week, so this all might come to a head sooner than we think.

3. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    What happen to Nina
    we saw her in Season two
    and what did jack whisper in her ear ?

4. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Nina was also in S3, but I quit watching after February because the storyline was just meandering. So far so good this season, though.

L8r

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>What happen to Nina<<

Jack shot her in season 3, in the same room she killed Teri

6. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    what did jack whisper in her ear ?

It was never revealed. The DVD subtitles don't help either. But it must have been good. Nina looked like she had wet herself.

7. Maveric

Maveric Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 1999
    He said, "I faked it. Everytime..."

...oh, he is so mean... :)

8. Phantom-Iam

Phantom-Iam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2002
    ^^ [face_laugh]

Who else is just loving this season so far. [face_mischief] Next week looks to be killer [face_devil]

9. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Im definitely loving this season so far, and yes, next week's episode will be great (I know certain things that will make many fans happy but I want get into it for fear of spoiling anyone). PM if you really want to know whats in store for next week...

10. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    My favorie scene in the last episode was with Barooz and the shovel...Awesome... A friend at work gave me a burned copy of the 24 soundtrack. Anyone else have it?

11. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    My favorite scene was when Jack chucked that knife at Omar and buried in his chest.

12. Darth_Banal

Jul 22, 2002
    IF you guys like 24's frenetic action, and seeing the hero overcome one obstacle after another in radical fashion, have a look at Cellular with Kim Basinger. Excellent film.

It's even got some 24 actors...Kevin Carrol (the guy who posed a Kim's friend's dad, and kidnapped Teri) and the kid who played Mason's son.

13. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Great episode, made even better when Tony saved Jack and Audrey. Anyone else think that that one scene alone may have just been cooler than the first twelve mins. last week ? I bet it'll turn out that Tony has been shadowing Jack since the day started, especially now since Jack has made it known that he cant trust anyone at CTU.

FYI, the first episode this season of 24inside will debut tonight at 11pm Eastern at fox.com/24. The woman who plays Dina Araz and one of the producers will be the guests. I was kind of hoping that it'd be Carlos Bernard, but oh well.

14. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Yeah, I'm glad Tony is back. After watching the previews for next weeks episode it's weird to see how Tony was named a traitor for doing the same exact thing Jack did season 1. I haven't watched season 2 yet, did Jack ever get in trouble for that?

I wonder what Behrooz and Dina will do. My only guess is that they either go to one of his friends house or maybe even Debbie's house. However Debbie's mom might flip out and call the cops and cause trouble for them.

Also on a side note Audrey looks exactly like someone I used to go to school with. I mean wow, I was amazed at how much they look the same. Anyways that's it.

Also, how long 24inside?

15. Roland_Hill

Roland_Hill Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2003
    Yep, it's good to see Mr. Almeida again. (Hide the spoilers, you fools! :p ) I like the tailing explanation for his sudden appearance, because otherwise he got there much too quickly for my liking...

Poor Edgar; he was so close to being the man. How many power plants are still affected? Was it six? Did I hear that number, or am I making it up?

I'm so used to watching 24 on DVDs; that's how I caught the first three seasons. This waiting a week for the next one is a pain in the butt. :)

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Could be worse- imagine having to wait through 3 or 4 weeks of extended American Idols for 24 to return.

::shudderandaswear::

17. Darth_Banal

Jul 22, 2002
    Roland, it's not a spoiler if the episode has already aired.

TONY!!

Yeah, he was pretty close, but he must have been nearby. I really doubt he was shadowing Jack.

It will be interesting to see how Jack works it out, having a mole in CTU. What I mean is, he works for Heller, so assuming Heller is OK with it, Jack will be able to work pretty much without a net like in the first couple seasons.

And next week's preview: Marianne fingers Sarah! Great move on her part. Remove the suspicious one. Marianne just got interesting!

This is going to be interesting...the nuclear plants are the 'second phase' so I wonder what the 'third phase' is.

18. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Maybe Jack convinces them to take Sarah out just to make marrianne feel like she is safe. Then she might lower her guard and do something stupid.

19. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    i'M SO GLAD i DIDN'T READ ANY SPOILERS 'COS i GOT SO FREAKIN' EXCITED WHEN tONY SHOWED UP. AWESOME!!!

20. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    So did I.

21. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    How about a little backstory on this Tony for those of us unfamilair with the previous seasons.

22. Maveric

Maveric Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 1999
    In season 1, Tony was a subordinate to Jack at CTU. They didn't get along because Jack had had an affair with Nina, who also worked there, but after Jack went back to his wife, Nina and Tony got together.

The second season had Jack and Tony sharing command of CTU, and the third had Tony in charge of CTU and Jack deep undercover. At the end of last season, Tony was being taken to jail for reasons I don't quite remember, but most likely pardoned by the president.

23. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Tony let Saunders get away becasue Saunders had Michelle. So Tony did exactly was Jack did saeon 1. The only difference is that they felt like punishing Tony.

24. Darth_Banal

Jul 22, 2002
    A Brief History of Tony Almeida, by Darth_Banal.

Tony's been around since day 1.

In Season 1, he was the #3 guy at CTU. A real hard worker, very by-the-book. He made some noise when Jack kept him out of the loop on some things early on, but as the season progressed and he got in the loop, became a major asset. He saved Jack's wife on one occasion. (He dated Nina, the #2 at CTU.)

In Season 2, he was the #2 at CTU, and assisted Jack in a lot of ways. Halfway through, he was promoted to #1. He still had some by-the-bookishness to him, but again when he figured out Jack was right, pulled every string imaginable to assist him (including drugging a district director.) He was interested in Michelle, the #3 at CTU, and they talked about dating.

In Seson 3, Tony and Michelle were married, Tony was #1 at CTU, Michelle #2, and Jack head of Field Ops. Along with Jack, put his rep on the line when he perfomed a covert op without the approval or knowlege of his superiors. He was shot in the neck, but recovered (in about 5 hours!). Michelle was exposed to a deadly virus, and Tony had to continue working, knowing she'd probaly die. She proved immune, but got kidnapped by the main criminal, and when CTU had him surrounded, Tony illegally made it so the criminal could escape. They eventually did catch the criminal, but in the meantime, Tony's illegal actions were discovered. He and Jack had a major blowup, and Jack, seeing Tony's point, vowed to speak to his superiors on Tony's behalf. Jack's pleas fell on deaf ears, and Tony was told he'd be charged with treason, and likely sentenced to many years in prison. He remained defiant, saying he would do it again if it meant saving his wife.

Season 4 so far, saved Jack's butt.

25. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Thanks for the info, guys.