main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 24: The Jack Bauer Power Hour (and Spin-Offs)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2005.

1. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    I don't know, Tony would have to save the day in an awfully big way to get restored to CTU boss. Not that I wouldn't like that to happen.

I wonder if Erin & Curtis figure that if they break Marianne, then the other stuff won't matter. Perhaps they will push the boundaries of what they normally would do to get the info from her.

I'm just wondering where they're going with Erin's daughter. Maybe they were just using her to ratchet up the pressure.

2. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I heard a couple rumors about what could happen to the daughter, I will list them below if you want to know

I heard that she escapes and goes pyscho and she is killed, but to me that sounds allittle to unbelievable, so I'm going with that she just dies because her charts was messed. Or maybe Marrianne says something to her that make sher more pyscho. I thought that they were recovering in the same room. Anyway those are what I heard, take from it what you will.

Also maybe Driscoll and Curtis can finally break someone with the torture techniques this time. I can't wait for him to tazer the beotch.

3. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Yea, Im especially looking forward to seeing Marianne get interrogated, although Id prefer it if Jack were to do it. I just dont care for either the character or the actress playing her, and I wouldnt mind at all if Jack blew off a kneecap to get something out of her.

4. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I agree with you, only Jack can pull off brutal interogations. Whenever someone else tries to do it you wondering why they just don't call the expert back in to show them how it's done. Jack knows when it's good to use and when it's not(Him/Tony telling Agent castle to back off) and ofcourse the 2 times Driscoll tried it unsuccessfully.

I have a new plan for CTU's budget. They should just clone Jack twice so one can stay at CTU to interrogate everyone, while the other runs around and kicks ass on the field. The original Jack would just stay at home with Audrey =P~ and make a huge family [face_love].

5. adoyidej

adoyidej Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2004
    Haha. Great suggestion for CTU. It is almost unreal how bumbling and incompetent some of the CTU leadership has been. Then again, they want to portray Jack as the "rogue" hero who will do whatever it takes to save the day, even if that means breaking the law.

6. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    i thinks hight time they make a story that jack dies

other wise jack being the rogue hero will become tediously boring.

7. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I was just rewatching season 1 with my bro and was thinking, was having a relationship with Jack and Tony part of Nina's mission? I was just thinking about how much closer she would be with both of them and how much more they would trust her if they were/are in a relationship. I don't know if they ever answered this in any of the other seasons, so if they didn't, what do you tink about it. Thanks in advance.

8. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    No, I dont think that it was ever addressed, but I think its safe to assume that Nina was simply using Jack and Tony.

9. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Great episode tonight. I dont know what I liked more, Navi getting snuffed or Jack punking Paul there at the end. Next week's episode looks even better as it looks like theyre about to close in on Marwan and possibly the others involved in this conspiracy.

Speaking of which, Im glad that Marianne got killed although Im surprised that those guys didnt just kill Curtis outright since its obvious that he'd probably die before he tells them anything. Either way I wouldnt have minded all that much. His character doesnt really do anything for me.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I like Curtis actually, but, anyways- The Almeda Files are once again a possibility! ::)

11. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Oh yea. I especially liked how Jack propped Tony up a bit when he was having doubts about returning to CTU. I also liked how Heller (and Driscoll, to a lesser extent) had no problem having Tony back in the loop.

Looks like our boy is one step closer to being fully redeemed. :cool:

12. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Another great episode tonight. I thought Behrooz may have pointed the gun at Jack instead. But he stood up to "father" Plus I just wanted to type the name Behrooz ;)

13. Darth_Banal

Jul 22, 2002
    Another good episode.

Except what's bugging me is was taking Marianne to the office really necessary? Why didn't they cut off the dead guy's thumb, a la Jack in Season 1? And going to the office with just two guys? C'mon, these are serious people.

At any rate, the other shoe is starting to drop with the appearance of the white guys in the office. Step one towards finding out who's really behind this.

I love Sarah. Right back to work, as well as negotiating a nice pay raise.

Agent Almeida!

And I guess that answers my question about why Paul is in the picture.

14. Maveric

Maveric Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 1999
    Darth_Banal posted on 2/22/05 12:29pm

Except what's bugging me is was taking Marianne to the office really necessary? Why didn't they cut off the dead guy's thumb, a la Jack in Season 1? And going to the office with just two guys? C'mon, these are serious people.

[hr][/blockquote]

Only Jack can get away with mutilating a corpse. These guys can't.[face_wink]

15. jengafett

jengafett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Michelle will return in two more episodes, she is sent from Division, Tony's stunned. I wonder what'll happen.

Watch the spoilers, please

16. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I just bought season 3 on monday and just shed it yesterday morning. I thought it was really good. I can't really compare it to the first season. Overall, almost all of season 3 episodes were great where as in season 1 you have about maybe 6 hours that were kind of crappy and the rest were great. I give both seasons an "A" grade, I can't wait to get my job back so I can get season 2, the only reason I got season 3 was because it was $20 off at target, so I had to get it.

I also thought Mondays episode was another great one. Tony is now back at CTU. It was great, I also got my dad addicted to the show. On Monday I was going to have a "24" marathon with my friend but he forgot about it and didn't get home until around 5pm, so instead I went over to my dads house and him and my stepsiblings watched the first 3 hours of season 3. After that we watched the episode that was on tv. I need to go back and visit soon so he can watch the first season first.

17. noggins

noggins Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I actually really liked season three. I can see why some people felt it got a bit choppy after the first few hours but the second half was absolutely stellar! Although, I think season four is definately the tightest one to date - it hasn't shown any signs of lagging like some of the others did at at least one point, even if it was for only one or two episodes.

18. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I agree. I also didn't see what some people were complaining about when Jack went to Mexico in S3, I actually liked that part and thought it was cool how he planed everything out and also how they brought Nina back. How many epsiodes is Nina in S2? I was just wondering.

19. adoyidej

adoyidej Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2004
    Atticus...you've got to get Season 2. It is the best season, in my opinion at least. Season 1 had some lulls, Season 3 was a little absurd, but Season 2 was terrific.

20. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Well, I start work next Monday and it will probably be atleast 3 weeks before I can get it, but I'm am looking forward to getting it. Hopefully it will also go on sale, even though I will still buy it even if it's not.

21. Darth_Banal

Jul 22, 2002
    Season 2 is still my favorite, but season 4 is going great so far. There's something about Season 3 that just wasn't tight. Some things were never explained out.

How many epsiodes is Nina in S2?

I think 4 or 5 episodes.

22. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Thanks for the info.

What is season 2 about? I don't want any real big spoilers just a rough overview of the season. Also what happen to Palmer's hand, I was watching an audio commentary and Carlos mentions that he likes the continuity that they keeped with Palmer's hand.

23. Darth_Banal

Jul 22, 2002
    Season 2 starts approximately one year after Season 1. Jack is no longer at CTU, and is alienated from Kim. But terrorists have successfully smuggled a nuclear weapon into LA, and Jack is brought back in to help the search. But as he digs deeper, he finds this wasn't a simple act of terrorism...

Are you sure you want to know about Palmer's hand? That is such a pivotal (and cool) part of that season.

24. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    I actually really liked season three. I can see why some people felt it got a bit choppy after the first few hours but the second half was absolutely stellar! Although, I think season four is definately the tightest one to date - it hasn't shown any signs of lagging like some of the others did at at least one point, even if it was for only one or two episodes.

I agree. There were some cringy worth moments, which of course featured Kim and Chase's baby, but they really turned things around big time in the second half. One of the smartest things they did was giving Saunders a full ten episodes to really develop and flesh out his characters, unlike what we had seen previously with Victor Drazen and Kingsley.

I also agree that Season Four hasnt shown any signs of lagging yet, and I dont think that it will, either. I think that we have the extended break to thank for this because the writers actually had the time to make the storyline more fluid rather than force feed us nonsense filler during some of the downtime hours. I honestly dont think that we'll be seeing anything like that this year.

Oh, and no biggie or anything, but Season Two takes place 18 months after Season One, at least according to everything Ive read (although I admit it has been a while so I could be wrong).

25. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Are you sure you want to know about Palmer's hand? That is such a pivotal (and cool) part of that season.

Then I guess you shouldn't tell me.

Also what happens to Palmer's chief advisor that was in the 1st season? Is that the position that Wayne replaced? Did something happen to him during season 2?