main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 24: The Jack Bauer Power Hour (and Spin-Offs)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2005.

1. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    A new promo is up for next Monday's episode (8x08). Warning, (seemingly) very spoilerific. Looks like Jack manages to get free and arrest his competition for father of the year pretty quickly. So I guess we'll be moving on to the bigger conspiracy now.

2. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    9-10PM
    Fox

"President Taylor starts putting pressure on CTU, calling for more progress, and Jack's risky plan has operatives worried. And I thought my 11 p.m. was intense."

3. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I finally got around to watching last week's 24 yesterday, and I really don't know if I want to continue with this show. I don't enjoy it this season that much; it's more of an addiction than anything else.

4. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    I enjoyed the episode tonight. I'm glad that they are still staying with the rods and the Middle Eastern terrorists. The Russian mafia dude was more of a Kevin Caroll or Mamud Faheen or Ivan Erwich than a main baddie.
    Two things that I've noticed:
    1) There have been only two directors this season. Usually they have four or five. I wonder why the change? I know Cassar left, but I'm sure there are more people out there to direct.
    2) Jack hasn't tortured anyone this season. Seems kind of strange, especially since he could have poked the guy tonight.

5. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    I've enjoyed the season pretty well so far, though the "threat" has been somewhat diffuse -- assassination plot against Hair Guy at the start, since then there really hasn't been a direct threat -- sure we don't want his little brother to get the rods, but it's not as if he's planning to immediately put them into a bomb and nuke Manhattan with them. As a result, the suspense is a bit made up. Assuming the rods would be transported to Not-Iran-Istan by boat, couldn't the Navy and Coast Guard take a look at ships leaving New York ports?

6. JMJacenSolo

JMJacenSolo Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2006
    I was thinking the same thing last night; there's not really an actual terror threat, it's just like a CTU investigation. I kind of liked the more subdued nature of it, and how they're obviously slowly building some intricate plot(at least I hope so)

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Who cares? Jack just electricuted a guy while hanging from the ceiling handcuffed, stabbed and barefooted. :D

8. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Agreed, I'm really loving this season. It's had some great character development and last night threw in some awesome Jacktion. Looking forward to seeing how it continues.

9. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    I agree. Plus we have the best future quote in the entire series coming next Monday.

"Son you better put that down or you're gonna get hurt."

I'd put it down if I were him. We'll see!

10. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    Well according to the preview to the next episode they want to nuke Manhattan.

11. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Saw that. There's also a "sneak peak" (something sponsored by Sprint) that shows that Farhad isn't in control of the situation. The development makes sense, I guess, shipping hte rods to the Middle East would take a while, Farhad and his buddies had spoken about needing results in a few hours.

12. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
  13. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    My favorite part about Monday: People FINALLY listen to Jack! He gets in on a conference with Taylor and Hastings easily. Hastings defers to Jack's judgment, Taylor trusts Jack and to speed things up, offers to speak to the suspect. I love the guy's look when Jack hands him the phone and says "The President of the United States" It only took 8 seasons but FINALLY people are using their brains and trusting that what Jack says is true. Now if they screw that up next episode, I'll be sorely disappointed. :p

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    He missed the Season 2 nuke.

15. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    Only Jack can intimidate someone through a video camera.
    [image=http://www.the-king-tom.com/blog/img/jackeyes.jpg]

16. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    Assuming Day 1 takes place in 2004, Day 4 takes place tomorrow and Sunday. So...don't be near any reactors or anything.

17. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    He's also quite good at doing it via telephone in Phone Booth :p

I wonder what Jack Bauer's tweets would look like [face_thinking]

18. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    Ok, so I totally didn't see that coming. I was sure this would be a mole-less season. I excepted her to kill the officer, but working with the terrorists seemed overboard. Then again, it makes the subplot in general so much more tolerable. And awesome. Chloe was awesome, and Renee was awesome and Jack was the usual bad ass.

19. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Too early to tell if the new mole twist works or not. Remember with Nina, they made it work by showing that security footage where she killed the first mole. It certainly is possible for them to do something like that here.

On the other hand, if there is a mole, why was the EMP device even necessary. You would think Dana could have done something more subtle.

And watching the preview clip of Hastings next week cold help but think back to Weiss's warning to him a few episodes back about someone needing to take the fall. So not only did you hire an ex-con for one of your most important positions, she also happens to have ties to terrorists. McCain did a better job of vetting Palin.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    My initial reaction is: bullcrap!

Nice.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  22. JMJacenSolo

JMJacenSolo Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2006
    Basically the only thing keeping me remotely interested at this point is that Cherry Jones said a few weeks back that the last eight episodes they filmed were the best the show's ever had. But now I'm pretty skeptical of that.

23. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Even more, what was with the whole "confession call" to Cole earlier? If she planned to get rid of the Parole Officer without giving up her identity somehow, why call him to say she was going to tell him everything? I don't like this twist right now. Maybe they'll do something different and interesting with it, but my initial reaction was disappointment.

24. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I've heard over and over (from multiple sources) that episode 15 and onwards are some of the best they've ever done. As a big fan of this season, I'm really looking forward to them. :D

25. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Exactly, I pointed that out in the YJCC thread. People are trying to come up with all kinds of reasons as to how it could all make sense but that one moment alone pretty much proves they decided to do it at the last minute.