main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 24: The Jack Bauer Power Hour (and Spin-Offs)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2005.

1. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    But as last minute as not editing the episode before not to make it fit? I'm with you on this one, but judging on the fact that they edited the first episode of S7 to make the Tony thing work, it would be sloppy to not edit the episode before. Then again, I can't think of any reason why she would. The real question is how the hell did the terrorists get an EMP?

2. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I watched the episode last night and this morning, that call to Cole is a very nagging question, not sure if they're going to explain that (or even can). Seems more like a plot contrivance to more convincingly establish her as "good" so that the twist is bigger.

After watching, one thing popped into my head -- the other big twist Sackoff played, Starbuck coming back from the dead and leading humanity towards earth on BSG. I gave them time to try to make that seem remotely logical, and I think they failed. Hope the writers of 24 do a better job.

3. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Moving on from the disappointment/concern over the twist, anyone else see the preview for next week? Two things struck me:

1. Right near the beginning, Tarin appears to be wearing some kind of uniform. Is he disguised as some kind of agent?

2. I've expressed my suspicion that Weiss may be a mole in the YJCC thread. right towards the end of the proview (at about 0:26) he, Ethan and a third, balding man are in a shot where Ethan appears to run past Weiss, and Weiss steps over as if to block him. Admittedly I'm reaching here, but could Weiss be in on some kind of trap here, which Ethan discovers?

4. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Dana wouldn't have been able to take out CTU from the inside without drawing attention to herself. For whatever reason they needed someone on the inside to control CTU once the EMP did go off. And if Dana (Jenny) is part of an underground terrorist movement, her background info could have easily been hidden by professionals. The snag was her true ex who suddenly showed up, which explains the real reason she panicked, not because of Cole. Her ex and his buddy would have ruined everything, which is why she helped him through the warehouse to get him out of the way. His buddy ruined that.

Still, I wasn't surprised that she killed the probation officer (maybe someone stole his stapler! [face_laugh] but I thought she was calling Cole on her cell. Wrong! What a twist!

5. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    I was surprised, and then actually pleased, when Dana killed the probation officer. We know that she's already done jail time for her role in Kevin's (attempted?) murder scheme from days past, and I thought it would have been great to see her revert back to her old ways, and do whatever she had to to protect her current life. I didn't want her portrayed necessarily as being "evil", but just as someone who's had things spiral out of control and has resorted to extreme measures to try and "fix" the situation. But then they went and revealed her as a mole working with the terrorists, and immediately I was disappointed.

6. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    That reminds me of something that struck me when she spoke to Samir -- at one point something one of them says at least implied that they had been in contact earlier. Odd that they never showed either of them making a phone call to an unidentified person.

7. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Its been rumored and talked about, now its official, this is the last season for 24. And According the article, they are already working on the screenplay for the upcoming movie, and the season finale will have a lead up to it.

I'm not sad about this. This show has had a hell of a run, much longer then I would have thought when I first started watching. And while the quality has dipped some, its still a very good, very engaging show. Its not quite going out on top, but I wouldn't say its limping away either. Its going out strong. And I think ending it all with a big screen movie would be awesome. And if they could bring back Jon Cassar to direct the movie, it would be even better. His leaving is one of the things that I think has caused this season to be not the same level as previous.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm glad they're going out on a high note- Season 7 was great and Season 8 has been mostly great. Though I'm dissapointed they're ending it only 2 seasons out of LA as I felt finally moving the show into other cities like DC and NY really infused some fresh energy into the show (plus, assuming she survives this season, I'd love to see Walker continue her descent into Bauerdom).

9. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006

[image=http://thevinylvillage.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/kool-aidman.jpg]

10. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    o_O Dark eh?

Some ideas:

New York gets nuked
    Taylor goes to war. Arrests Hasan
    Possibly Rene or Chloe bites it
    Possibly Taylor gets the ax (To date, they've never killed a sitting president)
    Perhaps they nuke LA again and Kim and her kid are caught in it.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what they could do to shock us.

11. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Oh that one is easy jack will live, retire, and live happily ever after. That's never happened so I'd be shocked. I just can't imagine them ending the show without leaving some kind of ominous sign for the future. They have to setup the movie after all. :p

12. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    I heard rumors which are probably not true but they say that Jack goes bad. I'm not sure how that would work.

13. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Agreed. As sad as I am that the show is ending, I'm glad that it's going out on a high note with a powerful season. Monday nights just will not be the same after May 24.

14. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    24 is on Netflix now so now any of you terrorists who didn't buy the DVDs can watch in any time you want.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, those were some great episodes, the last 3.

16. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Excellent episodes tonight.

17. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    Well ****, I didn't see that coming. I haven't felt this bad since Edgar died or maybe when Ryan was shot. Jesus I thought this was suppose to be the happy season. ****.

18. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    I just can't imagine that working. If he would turn, he'd have done so by now. And President Taylor appears to have the confidence in him that Palmer did. Of course, there's no guarantee she'll live out the day.

EDIT: One more thought -- especially given how things turned out, shouldn't President Taylor have told Hassan what the terrorists wanted before turning them down? At least it would have saved the lives of the secret service agents.

19. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Most shocking moment in "24" since Chapelle's death. Last night's 2-parter was incredible.

20. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Should she? Maybe. But would she condone it? Absolutely not. And that's the important thing. Taylor was never going to allow Hassan to fall into terrorist hands, regardless of whether Hassan was willing or not.

21. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    I take back my Kool-Aid man picture. I want Hassan back.

22. JMJacenSolo

JMJacenSolo Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2006
    Last night's episodes were so good they pretty much redeemed the entire season thus far.

23. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Holy ****, that was incredible. Like I posted earlier, there were rumblings from the cast that the final episodes were some of the best that they'd done and they were not ****ing kidding. I literally stared at the screen for a full minute after the clock ticked away the final seconds of the hour. Un****ing believable.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Also, she couldn't have known doing so would have saved Secret Service agents since there was no way for her to know two of her top aides would hire a wet works team to intercept them in the first place.

25. JMJacenSolo

JMJacenSolo Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2006
    Today I watched the episodes again with my friend who was watching them for the first time (He had DVR'd them) and during the end I glanced over at him and his draw was literally dropped, and mine pretty much was, too, even though it was the second time I'd seen it.