main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 24: The Jack Bauer Power Hour (and Spin-Offs)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2005.

1. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I cheered so loud when Tony showed up! I think that was the single coolest thing I've ever seen happen on that show. (But I'm partial to Tony, so....) :)

There has to be some sort of explanation for why Tony was so close by because he got there within mere minutes. Perhaps he has been monitoring Jack's whereabouts per Jack's request. (?)

2. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    That's sort of what I was thinking, too. Maybe he wasnt shadowing him but I wouldnt be surpised if he's been covertly assisting Jack since all of this started going down. Either way Im sure that they'll explain it, but right now I really dont care. Im just happy that Tony is back in play. :)

3. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    Now that I think about it, Jack (should have) known that there was a mole at CTU ever since the attack at Heller's sons (btw, we still haven't found out who tipped the terrorists...Marianne wasn't around at the time I think).

I wouldn't be surprised if he had contacted Tony and put him on "alert" sometime around then.

4. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    I agree that he should've probably known. After all, isnt there pretty much always a mole at CTU ? :p

5. Roland_Hill

Roland_Hill Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2003
    Banal: Fine, but if somebody ever gets ticked at me for not hiding something I should have, I'm blaming you. ;)

Isn't there pretty much always a mole at CTU?

I agree. There needs to be a far better screening process for new recruits... :)

My friend and I were discussing the episode last night; could it be that Tony works for Heller as well? I seem to recall a discussion at the beginning of Season 3 involving Tony and Michelle, and Tony taking a job in Washington...

EDIT: Spelling. *swears*

6. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    Seein' Tony at the end of last night's episode was one of the greatest moments in 24 history. Soooo friggin' awesome. Jack and Tony...united again. I hope it isn't just a cameo...

It's good to see that ole Tony has his signiature soul patch again, too.

7. Darth_Banal

Jul 22, 2002
    I don't think CTU's vetting process is bad, I think the moles are sneaky as ever.

Besides, there HAS to be a mole somewhere in 24. That's the way it has to be!

Going to be interesting, Navi's boss and Marianne's boss are two different people. Yet they're working for somewhat the same goal. It'll be interesting to see who they fold those together.

Wait a second, I just remembered something. Didn't Jack talk to a guy about a field unit before he took Audrey to the security company? I know he ordered a "field box", but I recall him talking to a guy we'd never seen about assembling a team. ???

8. Maveric

Maveric Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 1999
    Darth_Banal posted on 2/2/05 10:34am

Wait a second, I just remembered something. Didn't Jack talk to a guy about a field unit before he took Audrey to the security company? I know he ordered a "field box", but I recall him talking to a guy we'd never seen about assembling a team. ???

[hr][/blockquote]

Yeah, that is who he was calling on his walkie. They apparently got ambushed. So far, over the four years 24 has been on, the security teams are kind of like the "redshirts" in Star Trek the Original Series. They are bound to get killed before the end of the show. [face_mischief]

9. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    My friend and I were discussing the episode last night; could it be that Tony works for Heller as well? I seem to recall a discussion at the beginning of Season 3 involving Tony and Michelle, and Tony taking a job in Washington...

That's an interesting theory, although I tend to doubt that from what we've seen in the clips for Mondays episode. Doesnt Tony say something like 'Im considered a traitor to this country, Jack, so how can you help me ? '

10. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Just incase y'all didn't know. A new 24 comic book came out yesturday that takes place 6 months prior to Season 3.

11. Darth_Banal

Jul 22, 2002
    the security teams are kind of like the "redshirts" in Star Trek the Original Series

I totally see what you're saying, but it's not always true. The teams that swept through the lake/water tower area in Season 1 and took out Gaines' men, and the team that took out the Coral Snake team in Season 2 were pretty good, and this year outside the terrorists compound the Marines were cutting through the bad guys like a knife through butter.

This is just my small pet peeve...I know there are certain parts of reality that need to be suspended for 24, but it bugs me that these security teams are either really good, or stink depending on what the current storyline calls for.

I know we have to keep the idea that Jack is the only one who can beat the bad guys, but it gets a bit tired at times.

12. adoyidej

adoyidej Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2004
    I don't think Tony is working for anyone. Although if he keeps saving Jack's butt all the time, he clearly is going to be given a job or some sort of character rehab. I'm glad he's back, he's one of my favorite characters.

13. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Me too. I was very happy to hear that he's be back this season rather than just getting some throw away line on his fate like Kim and Chase (not that I really care about either one of them in particular, but you know what I mean).

14. adoyidej

Nov 17, 2004
    I'm looking forward to tonight, hopefully we learn a little bit more about who the heck Aisha Tyler is working for.

15. Darth_Banal

Jul 22, 2002
    ^^ Can I get a "Who are you working for?!" [face_laugh]

16. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
  17. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    [Jack] NOOOOOOOO !!!! [/Jack]

And we all know that there will be more to Aisha Tyler than meets the eye, although I dont like how the commercials seem to be giving away quite a bit spoiler wise the past couple of weeks.

18. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Another solid episode which got even better in the last ten minutes or so. Looks like whoever is pulling the strings is trying to clean up completely. Marianne's boss is dead and she was almost killed as well.

Looks like the **** really hits the fan next week, though. Eight episodes in and we're already getting a meltdown and if the previews are any indication than Jack seems to be closing in on the Araz family.

Oh, and twenty bills says that Division sends Michelle over to CTU to help deal with the nuclear crisis as well as the mole debacle. Perhaps she's the new Chappelle, but hopefully she wont suffer the same fate.

19. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    I was so scared they were going to kill Tony at the end. I hope they give him a chance at redemption that doesn't involve sacrificing himself...

20. ratherkissawookie

ratherkissawookie Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Great episode tonight. I'm glad they caught the real mole--Edgar is the man. It's too bad that it looks like she won't be available to give much information seeing as how she knocked herself out with her own car bomb. I'm wondering why she had a car bomb in the first place. And as for the screening process, they didn't really have a lot of time to check her out considering she is an independent consultant there to heelp out during the emergency.

As for Tony, I just started watching this season, but he seems to be a cool dude. I'm glad he was around to save Jack and Audrey. The sniper at the end of the episode caught me off guard. I thought for once they were going to get something done without too much of a mess. Now we just have to hope that the device is in the bag.

We're 1/3 of the way through the season. Here's hoping the rest is just as good!

21. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Even though the sniper surprised me I knew that they wouldnt kill Tony one episode after he returned. Im not saying that there's no way that he wont be killed off because this is 24, after all, but they wouldnt bring him back only to make him the victim of some anonymous sniper after he's been back for less than two episodes.

And yes, Tony is a very cool character. He's only gotten better since the first season, IMO.

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>I'm wondering why she had a car bomb in the first place.<<

I don't think she knew about the bomb- her employers probably put it there as a precautious if she was discovered or tried to bail on them or what have you, to eliminate a loose end.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't plan to off her regardless at the end of the day.

23. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    She didn't know about it. She tried to put her key into the keyhole, but fumbled her keys. By the time she recovered, she was in custody. I think they were just going to eliminate her to tie up loose ends in case she was discovered or got cold feet, as has been said.

Anyways...great episode. The stuff involving Tony was both awesome and sad. I feel pretty badly for what happened to him with prison and Michelle. Doesn't seem at all fair. I got a lump in my throat when he finally offered to come and help Jack. They better not kill him off.

And my boy Tony drinkin' from a Cubs mug? That was the ****. He's pretty damn close to gettin' out of my "second favorite character on 24" slot for that one. Better watch your back, Jack. :cool:

24. Maveric

Maveric Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 1999
    Who else thought that Tony was going to take that guy's offer at the end? I was like "OH NO! [face_hypnotized]

25. adoyidej

Nov 17, 2004
    Definitely knew he wouldn't take the guys offer, I mean c'mon, then he'd have to turn his gun on Jack and take HIM hostage! That was quite the cliffhanger ending with the Sniper AND the car bomb.