main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 24: The Jack Bauer Power Hour (and Spin-Offs)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2005.

1. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Not for a second did I think that Tony would take that guy's offer.

2. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Bad Dude: Who are you guys, police? FBI?
    Tony the Badass: Actually, I'm currently unemployed.

That was a hilarious line, I laughed my ass off whenn he said that. Tony is the man.

3. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I thought it was cool that Tony came back and telling us his After life story.

4. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I had a couple questions about season 1 for anyone who knows or wants to take a hacksaw to it.

I was just wondering why Walsh thought Jamey was the only one that could be trusted. Was he seeing her off duty or was he just stoned out of his @#$&ing mind. I just thought that it was funny that the only 2 people he and Jack trusted turned out to both be the baddies.

Also, Did Mason really know about the 20 thousand dollars that was in his bank account, or did Nina make it look like he did it, just like she made it look like he changed the map of the prison. Just because whenever it was brought up he acted like he didn't know about it.

Thanks in advance.

5. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Wow, that was so long ago I barely remember it. Id have to check my DVDs just to see exactly what you were talking about.

6. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    why Walsh thought Jamey was the only one that could be trusted.

I've often wondered about that - the episode never specifically addresses why Walsh thought that (maybe there's a deleted scene that explains it) but it wasn't necessarily Walsh who thought Jamey was clean, Scott Baylor told him he could trust Jamey.

Did Mason really know about the 20 thousand dollars that was in his bank account

Yes, it was Mason who smuggled the money. He caved to Jack and gave him the source. (and have you seen Season 2? There's another reason we know it was Mason....but I won't spoil it for you.)

just like she made it look like he changed the map of the prison.

I don't think it was specifically proven that Nina did that...that's one of the small things that bugged me about season 1. But I'm 90% sure it was Nina.

7. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Thanks for the info. I hope to buy season 2 as soon as I start working again.

8. Darth_Banal

Jul 22, 2002
    Anyone heard about these "TV Starter Sets" being released on DVD in March? There's a 24 Season 1 set. From what I can gather from Bestbuy.com and Amazon.com, it's 96 minutes in length, so it's probably a couple episodes and maybe a short preview of the rest of the season.

$6.99 at Best Buy, $9.99 at Amazon.

Sounds like they're trying to get in with the folks who might like the show, but are a little gunshy about doling out $45 for the whole season set.

9. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    I've seen some of those at walmart. The pilot episodes for Gilmore Girls and such. Not a bad idea. But, after selling 24 Season One for $13 at Thanksgiving, BB has had it permanantly at half price, so it's not so bad. They have a few others like that, too. Futurama, Buffy and I think The Shield. It's a good time to collect tv show DVDs.

10. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I was so angry becasue I was going to buy 24 when it was $13. I was going to go get it after my paper route was fininshed. I was really tired though and didn't get to BB until 11am, which by then it was all sold out. Hpoefully they will do that again for another season.

11. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    I think theyre also offering a $10 rebate for the Season One certificate with the starter set DVDs, at least according to what Ive read.

12. jengafett

jengafett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    24's really good, what are the chances of Kim coming back, it could happen...she could ring Jack on Ep 24...

13. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Actually Ive read rumors that she may be back at some point this season. I dont know in what capacity she'd come back in, but if I had to take a guess Id say that, if the current arc is any indication, Jack may call her and tell her to get the hell out of wherever she's at since it looks like they probably wont be able to stop all of the reactors from going critical at this point.

14. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Really great episode tonight that only got more intense as it progressed, especially in the last ten minutes or so. Looks like things are starting to come to a head now with Dina in custody and Navi cornered. It also looks like the meltdown crisis will reach a boiling point no matter what within two hours whether Jack manages to get the override in time or not. Obviously we know that he will since the entire U.S. isnt going to go up in a nuclear meltdown at this point in the season so Im really curious where things will go once we reach the half-way point (which is traditionally where the more far reaching conspiracy is discovered).

Oh, and BTW, how badass did Jack look in the previews, crawling through the airducts ?

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    He looked very badass- gonna be a great ep it seems.

I can only guess that the larger plotline will involve whoever the guy who got sniped last episode was working for/his previous employment connections, and perhaps involve The Mummy somehow.

16. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Great episode, Hopefully Jack remembered to take more ammo with him to rescue Behrooz. I could see him running out again when he has that @#$& in his sites.

I also thougt that the guy that plays Edgar did a good job acting during his emotional breakdown scene, I thought it was way better than Drsicoll's breakdown,

17. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Yea, he did, but from what Ive seen on 24 and on other shows, that guy is a much better actor than her so it doesnt surprise me.

Speaking of Edgar, Im surprised he didnt pull the 'Im the guy who stopped all of the other reactors from melting down' card when he asked Audrey to help save his Mom. I know I would have.

18. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    The show was Hella intense last Night. I thought the most distubing part was seeing the Power Plant guys on a little T.V. being Exposed by Radation. I hope to god that does not happen to us in a Next Terrorist Attack. In fact I hope there is no Terrorist attack coming at all. But it will come. Its just the Question of who is going to do it, when is it going to happen, how is going to happen, and why did we aloud it to happen.

19. Darth_Banal

Jul 22, 2002
    Speaking of Edgar, Im surprised he didnt pull the 'Im the guy who stopped all of the other reactors from melting down' card when he asked Audrey to help save his Mom. I know I would have.

I was thinking exactly the same thing - the guy deserved at least a little consideration.

And, I know he was busy and all, but the second he realized that he couldn't control the plant near his Mom's house, he should have called her. He had almost 2 hours to do that. But that's overthinking I guess.

20. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I was saying to my brother that he should reactivate the other 98 reactors and tell them to rescue his mom. They would have no choice but to comply.

Also, I was wondering why Curtis was afraid he would get in trouble for having a relationship with an unknown terrorist/spy. I mean did Jack or Tony get in trouble after they found out Nina was a spy? I didn't really get that. Unless he knows more about her than he was telling Driscoll.

21. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Im betting thats it.

22. Darth_Banal

Jul 22, 2002

You're probably right. But remember, Marianne muscled her way into CTU by blackmailing Erin. I forget what it was, but Marianne basically told Erin she had gained access to something that was very restricted, and early on Erin seemed to think both she and Curtis would be in hot water if Marianne reported them on it.

23. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Twenty bucks says Michelle shows up and removes Driscoll as Director once she finds out about this debacle.

24. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I'm betting on it. It will either have to do with the fact that Driscoll is covering up stuff with Marianne and the fact that everyone she has tortured so far has been innocent(or atleast for the time being). It also could be that her insane daughter dies or does something stupid and she will need time off, but I'm praying or the first scenario because I really dislike Driscoll and I want her to suffer like Sarah and Richard Heller.

25. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Yea, if it isnt Michelle removing her than I bet it has something to do with her schizo daughter. Perhaps someone messed with her chart so Driscoll wouldnt be able to focus and would be forced to step down ? Either way, whatever the scenario is I just dont see her being the Director by seasons' end...which would be the perfect way to pave the way for our boy Tony's return to his rightful position.