main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA 25th Anniversary of Return Of The Jedi!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    http://mattbusch.com/rotj.htm

Where were you on May 25, 1983?

I saw it opening day at the (old) theater at Tanforan Mall in San Bruno, since I couldn't see it at the Coronet in SF. :(

2. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I can't remember where I was on that day. I only remember that my Grandparents were visiting us when we finally were taken out to the theater to see the movie (we lived in a small town, we relied on our parents to fit trips to the bigger city into their schedule). My Grandma went to the movie with us and we were so disappointed to hear she didn't really care for it! Total buzz kill - LOL! I do remember the theater, it was an afternoon showing at the Fremont in San Luis Obispo.

3. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I was 3.... Didn't discover SW till I was 5ish... Didn't discover ESB and ROTJ till a few years later when they were on the tele. Speaking of which, ROTJ was on Spike with the crappy DVD edits. [face_tired]

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I remember cheering when Vader threw the Emperor into the chasm and clutching my arm rests when Luke was removing Vader's mask, and feeling sad when the credits ended. :(

But what's remained with me the most from that film was...you guess it - slave Leia! :p

5. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I was 18, and I saw it at the very first showing at the Coronet Theater@};-(RIP). It may have been the first movie to sell tickets in advance so I remember people scalping tickets, from BASS tickets.

6. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I saw this at the theater in Piedmont. Went with a group from my church. There must have been around twenty of us--we had to sit all over the theater 'cause they didn't have 20 seats together.

I cried when Vader died, mostly because Luke was crying.

Saw it at least 15 more times during the summer.

The rancor scared my son, who was only 5 at the time.

7. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Admiral Akbar parties it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty2q-VusiH

8. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    oops, wrong link, thhis is correct:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty2q-VusiH0

9. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I do remember seeing first showing of ROTJ SE at the Coronet for the release in 97... I was happy and sad too at the end since it was a happy ending but sad that is was the last (awesome) SW. Seeing it on the big screen was more emotional esp when Yoda becomes one with the Force. :_| But as he says "rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them, do not. Miss them, do not" (Yeah I know it from the prequel but Yoda was one of few bright spots in them). As far as I know I'm the only one who's survived all the first day first showings at the Coronet for the SEs and prequels (with exception of freaking Ep. III, fricken Goldmans institute...).

10. jedizoe

jedizoe Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    well I hate to say this but I was still in my mom meaning I wasn't born yet...[face_worried]

11. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    I was lucky.
    I saw it at the Coronet on opening day.

Oh, the memories. The toys, the promos, oh my!

Lnitially, I was a little disppointed.
    However, over the years, I prefer if over Phantom Menace (until it is redone) any day.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.