main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE 25th Anniversary R2-D2

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by craigrr, Oct 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    OK folks, here's the deal. This nifty little figure is supposed to be available 11/04/02. He's free with any Hasbro Star Wars purchase of $19.99 or more. Now for the small print-type stuff...

1). I CANNOT save or get any for ANYONE. Not trying to be rude, but don't ask. As I understand it, supplies are limited.

2). I don't think any of you would do this but, there will probably be people (scalper scum & their ilk) spending their $20 or more to get the figure then turing around and returning their purchase, getting their money back, yet keeping R2. In order to combat the scalpers, the purchase cannot be refunded without the return of R2. Not my rule. Came down from higher up.

That being said, I will notify everyone as soon as we get R2. Now, regardless of what I said before, I WILL be looking for loopholes. I will keep everyone posted...

2. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    Yeah just keep us posted. Thanks

3. Vader71

Vader71 Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    Please keep this updated, I had heard these would be available 11/03 generally and 11/02 for people who get the big book in the mail. I will be out tomorrow to check anyway.

4. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Here's the latest:

According to our computer, we have 32 on hand. And of course, no one seems to know where they are. It's possible we haven't gotten them yet. We do still have one truck that hasn't been unloaded yet, so they may still be on there. I've been chomping @ the bit to get my hands on one.

Now even if you don't get a Silver R2, we have gotten lots of the latest waves of figures. Here's what I can remember seeing in the storeroom:

Tatooine Attack Anakin
    Sith Training Maul
    Ki Adi Mundi
    Teemto Pagalies
    Watto
    Lott Dodd
    Clone Trooper Pilot
    Coruscant Attack Amidala
    Pilot Jango
    Tusken Raider w/ Massiff
    Endor Rebel Trooper (clean shaven)

I think that's all as far as new stuff goes (I may have forgotten a couple) though I have seen Count Dooku and Yoda turning up in a number of cases. If you didn't get those before, now may be your chance. No Ephant Mon yet. I'll keep you guys & gals posted.

5. Vader71

Vader71 Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    Got mine! thanks.

6. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Which TRU did you get yours from? I was all over our storeroom today and couldn't find them anywhere. In the computer, Oakview and Council Bluffs got the same about we did. My fear is they either never actually made it onto the most recent truck or worse, were stolen and are being scalped.

7. TK-507

TK-507 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2002
    I got mine on Saturday at OakView. It's a pretty cool little thing. Ebay's got them for $20+ and I may order one there. They are bound to go up in price.

Happy Hunting!

Kurt (TK-507)

8. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Ours turned up this morning. They were on the last truck. If you want more than 1 without spending $20 each time, the TRU site thru AMazon has them for $9.99 each. Pretty nice figure except R2's legs are on backwards.

9. Vader71

Vader71 Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    I went to Oakview. Good to know that the bigger Dogdge St store found them as well. I was the second on to get mine, too bad all they had were the same old figures. had to go for the gunship.

10. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    When I left today, there were some of the newer figures on the shelf. According to our latest manifest, we just got the Arena playset too. It should be off the truck tomorrow or Thursday. PM me if you're looking for certain figures. I can look into holding them for you if we have them(that applies to regular figs only though. Can't hold the Silver R2. Sorry).

11. TK-507

TK-507 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2002
    I really need the new clone troopers.

Any chance you can help me score? Thanks, Craig!

KG

12. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    If you're talking about the clone trooper pilot, I may be able to help you out. The question is, what's in it for me ;)? PM me & we'll see what we can work out.

13. TK750

TK750 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    As for helping you score... Aren't you married? I'm sure there are some marriage counselors who would be better qualified to help you out with that problem. ;)

P.S.

Try playing around with it for about 3 hours. That may help get the head up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.