main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

25Th Anniversary Silver R2

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by k3po, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunga_Din

Gunga_Din Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    Woo Hoo !! Got the silver bastard. Pretty cool deal too. I bought a Leia/Luke 25th Anniversary and Yoda for $16.00 and they lady at Toys R US hooked me up with the R2 for free. They had the R2's right on a rack with a note saying , spend $20.00 for a free Silver R2, there were about 15 of them, is this how other Toys R US' are making them available? Its nice Sithy, pick it up.

2. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    Sithy: Look at it this way,by returning Slave I, you give someone else a chance to buy the Silver R2 by buying the Slave I you return. In a Way - Your doing a good deed :D

3. lafsalot

lafsalot Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2002
    Fellow dorks and nerds:

Does anyone want to buy a silver R2D2 anniversary figure? I'm selling them for $250.00 apiece (plus $4.50 shipping and handling). Leave a message on this board if interested. I have 24 of them. I even have some "variant" figures which have the legs facing the right way, but those packages have been opened and the legs have been manually broken off and re-glued in the right places...and are $500.00 (plus $4.50 shipping and handling).

email is as follows: scalper@goscalpyourself.org

Thanks. Remember I ONLY HAVE 24 of them. First come, first served.

-Lafsalot

4. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
  5. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    LOL, well im very happy i went to TRU on Sunday to get my mint carded r2. The reason is that I got my amazon order and got my Ephant mon,what a sweet fig. I opened him up. but my r2, holy cow, what a mess. it looks like Ephant and R2 had a wrasslin match in the box. I'll let you figure out who won. Lets just say R2 was taken out of his package after that carnage. So if you ordered online, dont be surprised if its not in great shape. But Im happy, i have my mint carded one in a star case and hes happy.

Edit: cool little tid bit, after opening the R2, i notuiced the old school luke and leia on the front right behind R2. Just like whats on the back. Never notced that before. After looking at my TF Vader, you can kind of see it on their also. That was fun to find out.

6. StarFett

StarFett Jedi Master star 2

May 28, 2002
    I'm up to four! Whoohoo!
    Bought a yellow clone and a pilot Jango for myself. Then I picked up an Anakin, Darth Maul, and Courscant Chase Obi-Wan forour toy drive this christmas. Who knows if I keep this up there might just be a bunch of Silver R2d2's going in the toy drive as well. :D

And that's how you get an R2 and help out others. Charity people, charity. :)

7. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    IMO, i think the packaging really is the key thing on this fig. When I took out the crushed Amazon r2 out of its packaging, it just lost a lot of its coolness I think. Looks just like an ordinary r2 fig now, I'm glad I have a MOC. Adds a lot to the fig IMO.

8. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    StarFett, what a wonderful gesture :) Keep it up!

9. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I HAVE THE SILVER R2-D2!!! :D Yay! I bought the Jedi Starfighter (which I will return over the weekend) and the people at TRU knew exactly what I was talking about so everything went real smooth. :D

Oh, and the card is in AWESOME condition! :D Perfect. It's already inside one of my Star Cases (so is my Jorg Sacul) and hanging on my wall. :D

Now, if only there was a way to get the Toy Fair Vader cheap... :p

P.S. They had every single new figure (even Pilot Jango) except for the Bubble Clone! That means they're getting close, veeery close to getting him. :D :D

10. TOBBI_DALA

TOBBI_DALA Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2002
    Hi! Just picked up my 2nd Silver Anniversary R2! Bought 2 Padmes (Coruscant Attack) and 2 Anakins (Tattooine Attack). The Toys R Us here has a full box of them behind the Service Desk. Still waiting for CloneTrooper and Ephant Mon.

11. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    Congrats Sithy and Tobbi!
    R2 is indded a totally Awsome figure! I want a second to remove form the package and display Next to my Computer Monitor so when I get $20, it will be back off to TRU :D

12. lafsalot

lafsalot Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2002

Due to overwhelming response, my "variant" silver R2D2s with the legs facing the correct way are now sold out. Please stop sending me your $500 checks and money orders! I only have 24 of them!

This was a first-come, first-served basis only. You will be receiving your figures in the mail shortly!

(For those of you who will be receiving them, kindly note that during shipping there might be some damage to the card and *may* arrive either dented or ripped, and glue might get inside--possibly around the bubble and/or legs of the R2D2 itself...but hey, it's the USPS so these things happen.)

Just remember that there were only 24 of these "variant" figures produced, so consider yourslf a super-special collector for having a very unique figure! WOW!!! I am sure that down the road, your small $500 investment will one day yield thousands!

As a super-special bonus, I am including a personal home-made hat, using a piece of paper rolled into a tall "Star Wars-like" cone that says "JEDI" on it. Very authentic-looking! You can wear it while playing with your new figure, or perhaps during a fierce jedi battle...or at the mall.

Thanks again. I am sure you will enjoy your gifts and figures soon!

May the Force Be With You ;) !!

Sincerely,

Lafsalot

13. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "I am including a personal home-made hat, using a piece of paper rolled into a tall "Star Wars-like" cone that says "JEDI" on it. Very authentic-looking! You can wear it while playing with your new figure, or perhaps during a fierce jedi battle...or at the mall. "

[face_laugh]

14. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    lafsalot is a moron. Why isnt he banned :(

15. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Dude, he's a sock. I woulda thought that woulda been obvious by now. :p

16. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    Just got mine today from Amazon...the card's a little bent in the top left corner, but the bubble looks good, and the rest of the card's in nice shape, so I'll try not to complain TOO loudly. :D

And yes, part of the appeal of this figure is the packaging. This card is about the coolest I've ever seen...gorgeous because it's simple.

The silver R2 isn't bad, either. Though without the packaging, I might be giving the little guy to my mother, who is the R2 fan in the family.

17. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Has anybody who opened the R2 been able to turn the legs around?

18. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I'm not gonna chance it, Princess. I got 2, but traded one away and opened the other. The little guy will just have to roll backwards for the rest of his life ;)

19. BrianTheScalper

BrianTheScalper Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2002
    Lafsalot is an honest guy, I can vouch for him, his variant silver R2s, and his exclusive hats. If I had to get ripped off by someone other than myself, I'd send my $500 to this kid. ;)

20. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    LOL! [face_laugh]

Looks like this thread is fast becoming the favorite of all the scalper scum... ;)

21. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I got my 4 from TRU/Amazon.Com! :D
    I must be the lucky one, because I have a couple that are in excellent shape! One has a bubble that's slightly pushed in/crushed, one has a card that's slightly curled, one has a small ding along the edge of one card, but overall, they're in great shape! :D
    But what's this about the legs being backwards?
    Anyone care to explain?
    And I don't know if I'll open one or not. Might keep one MOC, like my R2 with Hologram Leia... just too hard to find. One's going to my girlfriend... the others, I might sell on eBay for a profit! [face_devil]
    Anyone figure out yet if the online one is any different?

22. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Great... another scalper! :(

23. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "But what's this about the legs being backwards?
    Anyone care to explain?
    "

Sure, the legs are backwards.

24. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Supposedly getting my replacement on Tuesday.

25. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Originally posted by Princess_Tina:
    Great... another scalper! :(

Nope... just a man who needed a little extra cash.
    Also, I bought a couple extra in case my g/f wanted more than one. :)
    If I were a TRUE scalper, I'd have bought 3, got one free....
    bought 3 more, got another free...
    bought 3 more, got one free....
    etc, etc. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.