main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

25Th Anniversary Silver R2

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by k3po, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Ok then Dvvid. Then I owe you an appology. I can admit when I'm wrong. We obviously dont agree on this issue of thievery. Oh well. We'll leave it at that. I pride myself on this fact: I've never shoplifted EVER. A minor thing. And my house was robbed. This is why I hit the roof when ya called me a thief. I hate thieves. Oh well. Lets make this thing an action figure thread again.

2. jedidavid

jedidavid Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2000
    That'd be cool. Jace, I'm sorry if you took that personally because it really WAS aimed at the people you mentioned. I wasn't being specific, and I wasn't trying to insult you personally. I'm not sure why you took that to mean you and you only but it wasn't.

And yeah, I'd agree that the Jedi Points issue needs to be dealt with. At this point I wonder how it'd be dealt with because so many of us have accumulated these things for years. I don't think it'd be fair to require sales receipts for Petes sake, but I don't want to pay 1000 points for one lousy figure.

3. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    You would still probably have like 3,000 left over. :)

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "I don't think it'd be fair to require sales receipts for Petes sake, but I don't want to pay 1000 points for one lousy figure."

So you'd rather just have 1000 points sitting in your closet doing nothing?

5. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Depends on the figure.

6. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    Gah there goes my hopes of ever getting this figure...I placed an order with amazon.com for star wars figures, and was supposed to be able to get it. they didn't have it, and all I got was an apology.

If anybody has two, I'll trade you an unopened near-mint toy fair vader for one of your unopened near mint silver R2-D2's! :eek:

7. jedidavid

Sep 11, 2000
    Well, what I meant was that to accumulate 1000 points you have to have bought 100 small figures, or 20 Amidala collections, ...see what I mean? I would hope you wouldn't have to buy 100 figures and be "rewarded" for your loyalty with one figure. Does anyone remember how many POP's you had to send in to get free figures from "Empire" and "Jedi" back when Kenner was running the show? I'm thinking it was maybe 5. What do you think is fair? 5 or 10 figures adds up to 50 or 100 points...would that be fair? Would this be a good method of army building? Maybe we ought to start another thread on this.

Personally, here is what I'd like but I doubt it would ever happen: I'd like to see the first 12 figures re-released in original style packaging different enough not to upset collectors. (Maybe just change the Kenner logo to Hasbro) Then allow people to buy them at some discounted price with the points worth, I don't know , 2 or 3 cents each. It could be any figure really, but if each figure was 150 to 250 points I think that would be fair.

The main thing is I really hope that they don't require a sales receipt. That would be lame. Of course, I haven't heard they're actually doing anything so it's a moot point.

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Personally, here is what I'd like but I doubt it would ever happen: I'd like to see the first 12 figures re-released in original style packaging different enough not to upset collectors. (Maybe just change the Kenner logo to Hasbro)

Darn, I was just thinking about that the other day!!! :)

I would love if the packaging were the same, and the figure was in the same pose, but I'd like it if they re-sculpted it to take advantage of all the advances they've made... so maybe the faces would be a bit more like those of the actors.

I would also like it if they had lightsabers like the ones they're doing now, with metal hilt and removable blade...

But let's face it, the chances of this actually happening are approximately 3,780 to 1... :(

9. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Never tell me the odds.

10. Dark__Yoda

Dark__Yoda Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2002
    As do i wish they would re-release the "action" figures

Dark__Yoda

11. jedidavid

Sep 11, 2000
    Yeah ,I really think there is a demand for these. I've made a few on my own that came out well, but I'd it's not quite the same.

12. TOBBI_DALA

TOBBI_DALA Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2002
    When Kenner was making the figures. I think you had to have 5 POPs to obtain the figures. More than likely, Hasbro will probably require at least 50 Jedi Master Points to get a special figure. 5 figures either way. They could, however, have something really awesome where they would require 100-200 Jedi Master Points. I probably have over 2000 Jedi Master Points, without having to touch any of my carded figures. :D

13. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    50 points would be so easy to some by. Can you imagine if they would ever do something with the points though? They'd get millions of them.

14. BZPOWER

BZPOWER Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2002
    This stinks! I spent $50 on Hasbro figures at TRU and the people at the register would not give me the Silver R2. I could just go kill a Geonosian right about now!

15. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Were they sw figures?

16. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    Wow $20
    You guys got off cheap....
    In OZ your $20 = $40aus (approx)
    For our Free R2 we had to spend $100au on Hasbro SW gear.

Luckily "TEH GUNSHIP" (priced at $99.99) came out this weekend , unfortunatley for some it also SOLD-OUT this weekend.

Both are nice pieces :)

17. mjskywalk

mjskywalk Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2001
    I just picked my silver R2D2 today with no problem at TRU. I spent $20 on the 25th anniversary Luke and Leia and Obi Wan and Darth Vader (they were on clearence Yeah!)and I got one. Actually I didn't even know you could get the R2D2 there (been sort of out of the loop) and the guy in the toy section told me. He even got one out of the back to show me and then got me one that was in mint shape (the 1st one he showed me was kind of smushed). He was really nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.