main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

25Th Anniversary Silver R2

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by k3po, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    "Don't be surprised to see that these types of deals will never be offered again once the companies find out what a failure it is. "

Yeah like they happen all the time as it is.

2. Jango_Da_Fett

Jango_Da_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 28, 2002
    The R2 will be on the reciept, so if you do the buy 30$ worth and return, they will probably ask for the R2.

3. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    We are not cheap. Why should we go out and spend $30 on stuff that we already have to get R2? I could see doing this 2 months ago but now everyone has gotten what they want. I do not need a second Slave I, or any speeders. As it stands I could not spend $30 at Toy's R Us to get him with out buying doubles of stuff that I do not want.

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    ^^^^ Exactly, that's what I was trying to say.

[image=http://bestanimations.com/Sci-Fi/StarWars/Emporer-01.gif]
    ~Sithman~

5. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    any one know if these will be avalible a TRU in australia

6. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    somebody email me a week before so I can go find a local TRU to get mine. :D

then I'll change my shirt outside, put on a hat, and come back in and buy $30 more star wars stuff, so I can get two. One to open and one to keep shut. :D

7. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Lets all help eath other out and keep everyone informed when and how we can get our R2.

8. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    I went to the Toy's R Us in Flint MI and asked if they had any of them and they looked at me like they did not know what I was talking about. Plus they have sales on all there Star Wars toys so now you have to buy more stuff to get him.

9. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I went to the Toy's R Us in Flint MI and asked if they had any of them and they looked at me like they did not know what I was talking about.

Coincidentally, this is the same behavior my local TRU demonstrated. It shouldn't surprise me at all, though, as it was the same reaction I got when I asked about Midnight Madness for this year. :mad:

10. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I wish we knew exactly when we can get these.

11. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Ditto. Though they'll probably announce on the official site sometime down the road.

At least I hope so. :)

12. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    Is it TRU's problem that you don't need anymore Star Wars figures? No. It's not their fault that you couldn't wait a few months/weeks to get the new toys, so why should they do anything to accomodate you? I'd suggest bringing in your midnight madness (or whatever date) receipts to show them that you've spent over $30 for SW merchandise at their store, or perhaps, buy $30 worth of toys and GASP! donate them to a Children's Hospital.
    Another suggestion would be to return all of your pre-purchased merchandise to the stores now, and come 9/1, go in to TRU and purchase everything from them that you just returned.

I already have all of the figures and vehicles from the saga collection (except the x-wing), but I am going to purchase at least $60 worth of toys that I don't need.
    Heck, maybe I'll even (OH NO!) let my 6 and 3 year olds open them up and play with them.
    ...All of this grief over a little plastic toy....un-real.....

13. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Haha Sith Lord rules. I agree that people get too upset over stuff that is really a Toy. Where is everyone coming up with how much you have to spend or what you have to buy, all sounds like speculation

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Dude, SithLord, I open my figures, so don't get medival on me about THAT.

As far as the money aspect goes, I'm 16 and I work a part-time summer job. I already have bought probably $1,500 worth of SW figures in the 6 years I've been a SW fan. I can't afford the ROOM I would need to keep all this $30 worth of stuff.

I can't return the stuff because my figures are OPEN (oh TEH HORROR!!!1111).

~Sithman~

15. Geester

Geester Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    Does anyone have a link that verifies that it is indeed a $30 purchase? I was just wondering, because I thought it would be a lot more.

16. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    MORE? [face_shocked]

Good god, I was hoping it'd be closer to $20 or something.

~Sithman~

17. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    It's on just any Star Wars stuff, right?

in that case, I won't have to return anything! I'll just buy the Lego Sets I still need... or a bunch of cheap sets with good pieces... you can never have enough! [face_devil]

18. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I think people have a right to complain actually. Think of the logic behind it: "Free figure, with $30 purchase." If your TRU is like mine, they still have a heap of Senator Jar-Jars and have yet to get many new things. My TRU is stock full of the April 23rd stuff, so they haven't ordered much of anything new. Plus they're in the middle of that stupid concept TRU remodeling, so they haven't ordered many new things. So to get a "free" figure, I might have to buy $30 worth of items I have, or don't particularly want. Quite frankly, I'd rather buy the figure outright. If the TRU actually gets some things in, then fine, but I sort of doubt it. My plan is to hold off on the Saga X-wing, and buy it to get the R2. Plus, I doubt the figure is being given away online despite the fact that I've ordered over $200 worth of Star Wars merchandise to be released in August and September. And let's not forget the obvious, that people that work at TRU are going to find a way to horde some of them. It happens with all such promotions.

19. BlasterMaster

BlasterMaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2002
    Hasbro should let us use out Jedi Master Points on stuff like this....Whats wrong with them! This would be the perfect sort of stuff for them!

20. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    The only alternative by the sounds of it would be for them to sell it for an appropriate $25 (25 years, get it) amount. That way, no one will have to worry about having to buy stuff they already have. I understand where you are coming from about the summer job thing, but that's my point: we've known about this for a while now, so why didn't you hold off on purchasing the newer figures until this was released, that way, you'd have the $30 to spend in September that you already spent in July since you wouldn't have spent it in July. You could also take $30 worth of receipts from your previous SW purchases at TRU (you have spent $30 at TRU, correct?) and see what they say. The TRU's around me are always good about giving refunds or money back on sale-items previously bought for full retail and such, so I'm sure they may be flexible when it comes to this as well. The squeeky wheel gets the grease.

21. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    We have known about R2 for about a month now right? I have not gotten anything at Toys R Us in almost 2 month's. Everyone is right they have not gotten any thing new in the last 3. This figure will become a scalpers dream when it comes out.

22. JediSkywalker

JediSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    Does anyone know hyow to contact TRU by email? I went looking on the site last nite and it's very annoying to get a email address. I gave up. I was going to ask them if they heard anything about this. I'm going to try and email hasbro now, they anwser email quickly.

23. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, I think Habro would probably have more details than TRU. Try them. :)

~Sithman~

24. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
  25. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    and away

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.