main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

25Th Anniversary Silver R2

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by k3po, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I have real new on R2 :) I talked to a smart employee at Toys R Us today and he told me that they have not set a date for him yet. But look on the brite side He will have to be released some time in the next 4 months. It would not be to smart to have him come out in January when Star Wars is 26 years old.

2. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Well that does make sense.

3. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Just my two cents....

One of our members here works at our largest TRU in the receiving dept. He personally asked the local Hasbro rep about it. Even she knew nothing about it! Didnt even know it existed. So it appears we know more then the local level Hasbro people.

4. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    thats not hard to understand. We have to tell them what they will be selling us.

5. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Perhaps this really doesn't exist.

6. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    He is out there for us to have. The only thing is that Toys R Us is keeping it a secret from us to drive us crazy.

7. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    They do exist...collecting sites are giving them away.. And I wouldn't say TRU is keeping it secret...we just found out about it too early. And without an actual date it's a little frustrating. But it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

8. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    finally - some real news i pulled off of Yakface.com:

TRU 25th Anniversary Silver R2 Update
    September 3, 2002 | 8:37 PM EST | Bill

This just in from a loyal source at TRU. The vacu-chromed R2s are coming (no date yet, but they are in some of the distribution centers). It looks like there will be two different versions. The good news for openers is that the figures themselves will be the same, but the bad news for completist carded collectors is that there will two different cards. One will likely be free to customers without a minimum purchase. The second will be much more limited and will be a gift WITH a minimum purchas. As of now, we have no info on how much the purchase requirment will be.

we must be vigilant!!!

we must tell eachother the moment they start showing up!

the moment of our ascention is drawing nigh ------

sorry, getting overly excited here...

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ That is great news! Thanks for the update!

10. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Wow, that is great news! I still doubt we'll see them before the middle of October. But it certainly sounds like we won't need to purchase $200 worth of stuff to get the lil guy. And that's the best news of all!!

11. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    That is great news, yes lets all keep helping eachother on this.

12. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    This is just a vast government conspiracy. The silver r2 is out there.

13. vlps

vlps Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 11, 2002
    artoo phone home

14. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
  15. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    up....up....and away

16. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    so we can get the free r2, buy more stuff, and get another free r2? hmmm...

I could live with more shiny r2s.... :D

17. DARTHVADERUSA

DARTHVADERUSA Jedi Master

Jun 1, 2002
  18. TrooperTk602

TrooperTk602 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2000
    Hey guys, Saw one at the San Diego Comic Con Aug 3rd. The guy at the booth had it under glass and a post it on it read $200.00. YUCK.

19. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ $200.00?!?!?!?! I can almost buy my own astromech droid for that. I didn't see the figure at the comic con, I was too busy working the FanForce tables. I would have liked to get a peak at one up close though. I wonder how the guy at comic con got one anyway?

20. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Actually, Mara, you could buy TWO real R2s with that! :D

("Interactive"..... "real", what's the difference? ;) )

21. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ True... very true, in fact I will buy one, as soon as I see one on the shelf. They only come one to a case and I heard the stores are only getting a few in at a time.

22. TrooperTk602

TrooperTk602 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2000
    Hey Mara. We probably met at the comic con, I was the guy wearing the stormtrooper armor. :0) Are you guys still fighting ths good fight to get next Celebration 3 brought to SD? After I renewed my subscription to SW insider I wrote them a little letter on how SD would be a better place than Indiana. I know it's looking less likely but You have my support. Glen, TK 602

23. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ LOL! :D Uh... you were the guy in Stormtrooper armor... uh huh... you and 100 more of your clones were in stormtrooper armor! :p Yeah, I am sure we saw each other at least, and I probably have a pic of you in my comic con pictures as well. But um.... all you stormtrooper guys look kinda alike. I will have my armor before next years comic con, so hopefully I can join you all on the back steps to get my picture taken with the 501st next year. Thanks for your support about San Diegogetting the celebration, but as you said, they most likely will return to Indianapolis. They seem only concerned with how much money they can make. Lisa Stevens even admitted to me that since San Diego is a union town, and Indianapolis is not, it is much cheaper for them to go to Indianapolis. *sigh* I appreciate your support though!

24. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    \\hopes it stays in Indy\\

Indy rocked the partè that rocked the pinata. It ruled. :D

Plus, Indy is only 3 hours from my house and San Diego is across the country. :p

The Indy ConCenter probably was only used to 50% of its capacity for the CII, they will probably just open up more rooms for the CIII. :D

25. josheee

josheee Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2002
    It sucks that no one knows when this baby is coming out. I have a LOT of stuff I've been holding off buying at TRU...waiting for it to come out. How long can I hold out???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.