main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

25Th Anniversary Silver R2

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by k3po, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    none of the managers at my Toys R Us have even heard of it... :(

2. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    It only exists in Spain!

3. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    It is not available in Toronto...

4. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    They seem to know nothing here...I've asked at my local TRU a few times now and all they know about is the $100 remote controlled R2. :(

5. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I'm still eager to get my hands on that.

6. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Paint the $100 one silver and there ya go.

7. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    up up and away

8. Geester

Geester Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    How long must I wait!!!!!

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    So is this something that is just exclusive to Spain or what? No one seems to know anything about this figure. :( *sigh*

10. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I know!! I even work at Toys R US and I DONT KNOW ANYTHING!!

11. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    I talked with a Toys R Us manager today in SD, and they had no idea what I was talking about. They had never heard of it! :confused:

12. Grey

Grey Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2002
    Well I went to TRU today and I was looking around at the star wars stuff and a lady come up and i asked if she was the manager and she said no, but can i help you. And i said i was going to ask about the...and before i could finish she said "the silver R2" and i said yeah.

she said that her manager has heard about it and has been talking with the distributor about them. she said it will be a large production run but doesn't know what the qualifications are to get it.

But she did tell me that it could be coming about in 2 weeks she said that they are getting a massive load of SW stuff in that week - like 2 to 3 times more than usual and that it is roumored ot be in with that.

Of course this could all be false but at least the people there have heard about it and are trying to get information.

I live in NC and this was the Greensboro TRU if anyone is near here. I'll let you know if i find out anything else.

13. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Interesting conversation. We better get some offical news soon or I'm gonna bust my brain up.

14. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    From Artoosnews:

Arguably the most talked about, most rumored, and best kept secret of 2002 is now gracing it's presence in the Artoosnews.com Visual Guides. Our Visual Guide of the Silver Anniversary R2-D2 is now available for your peering eyes. The whole mystery surrounding this figure has surfaced into many rumors, from price points, to availability, and even to pre-sells, about the only info that can probably be confirmed is that this will be a promotional item and not available for retail sale. How do we know this? Well simple, it actually says it on the back of the figures card (see scan below). While Steve Sansweet has touched on the fact that the R2 will be a Toys-R-Us promotional deal, things may or even may have changed since then as to what retail outlet the R2 will be off too. Nothing can be 100% confirmed until good old hasbro makes it so. So until then, enjoy the pics below, and stayed tuned as we try to get more info.

[image=http://www.artoosnews.com/sagapics/silverr2.jpg]

[image=http://www.artoosnews.com/sagapics/silvercardback.jpg]

15. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    I WANT ONE NOW!!! I WANT ONE NOW!!! I WANT ONE NOW!!!

16. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    any one seen the silver DV?

17. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    Unfortunately, Silver Artoo wasn't offered with the R2-D2 robot I picked up today. I was hoping that was the plan since that would of been a cool bonus.
    The robot Artoo is very cool.... as neat looking as the Silver Artoo is, he's not as cool as the robot version.
    If they stick with the $30 purchase idea, I'll just buy a Republic Gunship.

They were hyping AOTC on DVD for pre-order... maybe they will offer it then.

18. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I have a Silver TF Vader. They could have picked a better sculpt, but he is still very cool.

19. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I think it would have been just a little better since its the 25th Anniversary and they used the original 1977 Vader and R2 sculpts and they where silver.

20. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    This whole Anniversary R2 thing has almost become comical. We still have no official word, after all this time of knowing it is coming.

21. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I think we just found out about it too early in the game, and took rumours as fact.
    Remember kids: Don't believe everything you read on the internet. ;)

22. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Why not? The internet isn't going to lie to you man. It's the internet man. The Internet. It ain't gonna do you wrong. It's like a bottle of water. You know it's not going to lose it's flavor or nothing man cause it's water. The internet is water.

23. DARTHVADERUSA

DARTHVADERUSA Jedi Master

Jun 1, 2002
  24. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    up

The internet is like water.

25. Ky2-D2

Ky2-D2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002
    i want one:-(