main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

25Th Anniversary Silver R2

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by k3po, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    So do I!!!!

2. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    At a TRU in SD, they said that they had just got Silver R2s in yesterday, but someone came in and bought them all. :mad: But the good news is, they said they are going to have some more come in this morning. Hopefully I will be able to get one. :)

3. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    If they aren't for sale, how can someone have bought them all from a TRU?

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ Well you know how things go, it was the same way at Celebration II in Indianapolis, suppossedly everyone was suppossed to be able to buy a Jorge Sacul, up to 2 per day, yet I saw people walking away with boxes of them and I never got one while I was there! They had ignorant people working behind the counters in INDY, and obviously the people at TRU are ignorant to the fact that you just can't sell them all.

5. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    But from the descriptions I've heard, they will ring up for 1 cent. Can people really be that stupid as to think that something like that would go for as little as a penny?

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ I doubt that... they probably charged full price for each... I believe AnakinWisler when he says they were all bought by one person. I know him personally and he wouldn't say that if it didn't happen, and if it weren't for AnakinWisler, I would never have gotten my Remote Control R2! :D

7. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK, I'll take your word that he's trustworthy, but I hate to think that people have become that stupid. What does it say for our country?

Wow, a remote control R2? Those are very hard to find in working order. My wife's parents have one packed up somewhere, but it had to be modified to work when it was first bought. I haven't seen it, but I hope to get to soon, maybe even get to add it to my collection.

8. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Ugh...let the scalping begin :(

9. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Well the Silver R2 will not be available in
    so I guess I am out of luck. :(

I have seen silver R2s for sale in Europe. I wonder if these are the same ones that are making their way over to the US.

10. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Scalpers can buy as many R2 as they want. All they have to do is give a little $green$ to the employee when there boss is not looking. Sad but it do's happen.

11. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Why would that s tore have them already? I beleive you but still you think it would be a nationwide thing.

12. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    I don't know why they had them. Maybe they put them out before they were supposed to. In early April I saw EP2 toys out at a KB Toys when they were not supposed to be selling them. I also have met people who "brag" about buying certain figures before they are released, by bribing someone who stocks the shelves. :mad: I know the toy department manager at my local Wal-Mart, and she said that they get the toys in one or two weeks before they are to be released. Hopefully TRU will get more R2s in soon and someone won't hog them all!

13. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Silver R2`s they are milking the little guy!

14. Ky2-D2

Ky2-D2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002
    I should go check....oh crap goin out 2nite...but how cool would i b to go to TRU on a friday nighT?!?!??!

15. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    ^ Going to TRU on a Friday night is about as exciting as my Friday nights get. I have no life. :(

16. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    How could someone just go "buy" a whole box of the R2's, they arent going to be for sale. Its supposed to be a promo item, are they even out in the US yet

17. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I went to three Toys R Us today and no one knew anything about the R2-D2. *sigh*

18. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    Darth_Stove:

I too would like to know how someone could buy the entire case of R2s, but that is what I was told by the Costumer Service person.

19. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Most retail people are clueless about the products sold....not so great customer service around me....:(

20. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Next time you go to TRU just ask for a case of silver R2's.

21. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    ^ [face_mischief] Good idea. :cool:

22. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    And since they're only a penny you'll only need likea dime.

23. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Hey guys, I'm not sure if you've seen this or not, it could just be a rumor, but it would go along with TRU stocking up on SW figures and why we haven't yet seen the Silver R2 stateside:

All signs are pointing to Toys R Us stores having the much awaited 25th Anniversary Silver R2 on black Friday. The mercenaries over at Galactic Hunter have obtained information that we'll see our little silver buddy right after Turkey day. They also report that the production run is 70,000 figures.

The promotion is probably you get it free with a purchase of $20 in SW stuff. But TRU the day after Thanksgiving is a nightmare. They're going to be tough to get.

24. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Might not be that bad. Just show up at the butt crack of dawn and go. The longer you wait that day, the worse it might get.

25. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    oh dear lord! I suggested that months ago and pray it's not true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.