main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

25Th Anniversary Silver R2

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by k3po, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Might not be that bad. Just show up at the butt crack of dawn and go. The longer you wait that day, the worse it might get.

Trust me on this, that's the exact opposite of how it will be. On Black Friday the stores are packed *PACKED* early in the morning. I worked at a KB one year on that day, and we had a line that went all the way around the store and about 100 ft out into the mall of people waiting to check out. It's bad.

2. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Maybe I was misleading. I meant that the longer you wait that day, maybe the less likely they will have R2 still instock.

3. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    They will be given away in Toys R Us in UK when you spend £30 or more on Star Wars stuff. There's also a 3 for 2 offer on just now on basic figs, that's gonna go down well.

4. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Cool for the UK. Now what about the colony here!

5. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    right after thanksgiving? Maybe the New Lego sets will be out then...

6. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    My plan was to wait and get a Saga Slave 1 that day, since the area TRU stores here have about 10,000 of them on high shelves. Hopefully they will have plenty for everyone. Gotta have this little fella ;)

7. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I think I'll do the same RoyalGuard

8. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Maybe the night before they'll raise the prices on all the ships to f with us.

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    ^GAH! I hate when stores do that!

10. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Wonder why we here in the states still havent heard anything. Wonder if this will be a UK thing only.

11. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    I doubt it. Sounds like black friday now. Great, one day I get off and I'll have to be up at like 4.

12. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    At least I shouldn't be working at Toys R US then so I wont have to work it :D

I'll just show up and buy the R2 (enough to get the R2 ;) )

13. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    It won't be that easy.

14. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
  15. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Saw this posted over at Rebelscum:

"I am a Toys R Us manager in the South and it will hit on the Big Book ad on the Nov 2nd or so. It will be free with a 19.99 purchase of anything SW. limited to one per guest per visit, so stock up. Our DC ( distribution center) services 108 stores and they are getting over 7,000 then have open orders for 8,000 and that just one DC..there's around 8 or so in the USA..maybe rare at first but cool off after. will keep you posted on other goings on."

So there you have it - in just one week he will be hitting US shelves.

16. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    It's about time. We all have been waiting since summer for him. Not what can I buy at Toy's R Us that I have not already gottin' yet?

17. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    I'll believe it when I see it.

18. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    I talked to a manager of a TRU in SD and they said that it is avalible now. You can reserve one. Limit of one per person (yeah right!). And they are not giving them away with a $20 purchase, but that they are sold for the regular $5.50. They do not know when, or if they will be getting more inn.

19. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I read the thing on rebelscum about the R2 also, November 2nd is a Saturday though, the ads come out on Sundays dont they? I wonder if this is accurate

20. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Jirin, I got a similar response you read about when I checked with a local TRU today. The lady told me to check "The Big Book" in a Sunday paper for the R2. She said when it appears in there, they will have it. I've been holding off on getting a Saga Slave 1 just so that can be my purchase with this lil fella. So does anyone know what the Big Book is, exactly? Is it just a Sunday paper ad that's thicker than normal? This guy will look very nice on the shelf with my "God" assortment that includes the Toy Fair Vader and Jorg Sacul :D

21. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I asked a guy at TRU last night and they knew about the R2, but nothing more.

22. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Once again every TRU is different. Hard to beleive that one is just selling it for 5.50.

23. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I believe the "Big Book" is there yearly ad they put out for the Holiday Season. It is much larger than the average weekly ad and has several coupons and things for kids sometimes. Its almost a catalog.

24. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Thanks for the tip on the Big Book. Apparently, these are supposed to come out with Sunday papers, so I would guess Oct. 27 or Nov. 3 are the big days.

25. bobayodaMN

bobayodaMN Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    I talked to a TRU employee today and he said that the R2 won't come out till Thanksgiving and that it will be free??? I'm not sure I believe this yet but he seemed pretty sure of this info. Anyone else hear something like this? This was at the Minnetonka,MN TRU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.