main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends My Father (Allana vignette, approx 60 ABY)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ViariSkywalker , Jul 18, 2007.

1. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Title: My Father
    Author: ViariSkywalker
    Timeframe: approx. 60 ABY
    Characters: Allana, Darth Caedus
    Genre: vignette, possibly AU
    Summary: Allana reflects on the father she never had and the man he once was.

A/N: I haven't posted anything of meaning lately, so when this plot bunny nibbled, I thought I might as well take the leap! It's very, very short!

Disclaimer: If I owned Star Wars, I could afford to hire talented people to write my stories for me. No money was made in the writing of this incredibly short vignette. ;)

My Father

He promised me once, a long time ago, that he would always protect me, no matter how far apart we were, no matter how impossibly desperate the situation seemed. I – being the innocent, trusting child that I was – believed him. How foolish it seems now, that neither Mother nor I saw the events that were to come. Mother, who was too in love, too worried about my safety, too overwhelmed by the intrigues and plots and death threats that met us at every turn. I suppose I am to be forgiven my ignorance. At barely six years of age, most children are not expected to think much about the greater galaxy. Even royal children, like I once was, are entitled to some degree of unawareness.

He was very gentle and kind with me. I wish I could remember more than that, but after my mother’s untimely death, when I was whisked away into the care of the Jedi, of a family I never knew existed, I was shielded from recalling anything more. Once I grew old enough to wonder and ask, I was told it was for my protection.

Protection. I no longer require anyone’s protection. My training has seen to that.

Now I am expected to face him. Oh, they haven’t told me that outright, but I know it in my bones, in my blood. I feel it in the whisper of the Force across my skin. Maybe they feel as old Kenobi once did, that the monster within had slaughtered the man, that no amount of faith could bring him back. But I think that my cousin, who has as much right to hate the Sith Lord as anyone else touched by his madness, believes as I do: there is still good in him, somewhere deep, in a place that used to love me enough to shake a galaxy.

I’m not sure if I’m ready to die for that belief. But when I am, then I will meet Darth Caedus and fight hard for the Jacen Solo I once knew. The great Jedi hero.

My father.

The End

2. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    =D= What a wonderful echo from the Saga!! I love it. =D=

3. saber_death

saber_death Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    nice vignette.

i like that Allana will now face Caedus as Luke faced Vader... and just like Luke, she will try and save her father rather then just destroy the monster that's taken him over. also, i like that Ben agrees despite everything Jacen did to him.

one of the main reasons i hope Jacen/Caedus survives LOTF is to see how a grown-up Allana would act toward him, and this is exactly how i'd hope she would.

once again, great story. =D=

4. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Very nice. I do wish Allana would be able to know her father. I like your ideas if he survives LotF.

=D=

FL @};-

5. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Arwen_Djo - What a wonderful echo from the Saga!!

--Thanks! :) I was going for that kind of parallel; I'm glad to see it worked and that you liked it!

saber_death - also, i like that Ben agrees despite everything Jacen did to him.

--I get the feeling that Ben could grow up to be a very wise, mature Jedi, and that would hopefully allow him to see the possibility for redemption. (Even if it is only a remote possibility.)

one of the main reasons i hope Jacen/Caedus survives LOTF is to see how a grown-up Allana would act toward him, and this is exactly how i'd hope she would.

--I feel the same way! Things will probably be resolved by the end of the series, but I like to dabble in an AU set of events where Caedus does solidify his hold over the galaxy and the Jedi. Maybe I'm a little grim, but it makes for great angsty vignettes! ;)

Thanks for reading!

Flowerlady - Very nice. I do wish Allana would be able to know her father. I like your ideas if he survives LotF.

--Thank you! If Caedus survives LOTF, I think it would take his daughter to pull him back, (if it's even possible,) just as it took Vader's son to bring back Anakin. Glad you liked it!

Thanks for the replies! :D

6. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    awww nice to see people still see hope for a redemtion of Jacen Solo, I miss the YJK Jacen, even the NJO Jacen where he was clearly slipping.

Great job ViariSkywalker [:D]

PHGS Weyr

7. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    What incredibly eerie timing; I read this right during the end of RotJ, after Anakin's redemption and he with Yoda and Ben appear to Luke on Endor. :eek:

Anywho, I always enjoy these Legacy/post Legacy pieces you pop in with. They really flesh out the character of Allana. They make her a very tangible, sensible person with reason and hope. They make her very accessible as a character, IMO.

Good work, dear. [:D]

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    :eek:

Short, but really powerful! It gives us a wonderful view of what grown-up Allana's character might be. Lovely! =D=

9. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Wow, that was really cool =D= Nice job! :)

10. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    PHGS_Weyr - awww nice to see people still see hope for a redemtion of Jacen Solo, I miss the YJK Jacen, even the NJO Jacen where he was clearly slipping.

--While most of the time I want Jacen to get his butt handed to him, I do feel for him whenever he has a scene with Allana. I just wish he wasn't being so stupid about everything else. :p As long as it's handled well, I think I'll be fine with Jacen being redeemed or dying as a maniac Sith Lord. ;) Glad you liked it!

Bri - What incredibly eerie timing; I read this right during the end of RotJ, after Anakin's redemption and he with Yoda and Ben appear to Luke on Endor.

--That is eerie! Almost as if it were destiny... [face_mischief] ;)

Anywho, I always enjoy these Legacy/post Legacy pieces you pop in with. They really flesh out the character of Allana. They make her a very tangible, sensible person with reason and hope. They make her very accessible as a character, IMO.

--Thanks, Bri! I don't know why I've been spouting Legacy-era AU-ness, but it's different and kinda fun. :) I think Allana has the potential to be a really cool character. I think there could be some interesting parallels to Leia, being raised in royalty and all that. (You know how I like parallels. ;) ) Even if the EU goes any more insane than it already has, I'm glad they gave us Allana, because I am already forming my own little AU futureverse for her and Ben and all the Jedi. (One in which Mara did not die that way.) Maybe I'll have that ready for a story someday. [face_mischief]

Idrelle_Miocovani - Short, but really powerful! It gives us a wonderful view of what grown-up Allana's character might be. Lovely!

--Thank you! I hope Allana grows up to be a bit more stable than some of her other relatives! [face_whistling]

YodaKenobi - Wow, that was really cool Nice job!

--Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! :)