main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy Family Trees

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Loclown, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loclown

Loclown Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    It seems all reference to Jacen and his decendants are being left out due to DH not getting involved in LOTF. Don't blame them for not knowing or not spoiling LOTF. So by mere inclusion, we can assume the Fel line is Jaina, Cade is Ben's decendant, and Hapes is not being detailed because LOTF is not resolved. Once it is over, much like ROTS, the story can really take off. I look forward to that and more revelations.
    Anything you'd like to see right away once LOTF wraps?
    I would like to see Allana's line and hear how the Knights came to be. My theory is after Jacen goes bad, the NJO knights that have gotten a bum wrap, leave with Jaina to serve her and the Fel line. She herself is much like an Empiral Knight, following military orders like a soldier.

2. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I honestly don't want anything to happen right away. I want DR and DH to sit down and work out how together, in both mediums they will reveal what happend. Some of it we'll get through flashbacks and history in Legacy, and some of it (like the formation of the Imperial monarchy, and possibly the Knights), we'll see as it happens in the novels.

3. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    All I want is a Union-style "The Wedding of Jaina and Jag" miniseries.

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ...And the Killiks come back to foul everything up, similar to the wayward Imps in the original Union, and much Jaina/Jag/Zekk innuendo ensues.

5. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    All I want is a Union-style "The Wedding of Jaina and Jag" miniseries.

Soontir, Tur Phennir and Maarek Stele go on a pub crawl!

Disgruntled members of a Galactic Alliance splinter movement try to put the kibosh on the whole thing!

Various EU characters resemble famous actors for no particular reason!

Birds sing on Jaina's finger!

The possibilities are endless...

6. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Fixed.

7. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    Fixed again.

8. Furyan_Jedi_13

Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2007
    Nah, Jaina and Zekk all the way people! Seriously, I wish people would give the poor guy a break. What does he have to do to prove himself to you?

How about a "Union"-style comic that takes place a few years down the track in which Jaina and Zekk's daughter gets married to Jag's son? Face it, there would be a certain amount of humour involved. Of course, we have to have a fight or two in it. I mean, it is called Star WARS, isn't it?

But you know what the depressing thing is? We are polarised into J/Z and J/J camps, and no matter what the outcome, at least one side will lose. She goes with Zekk, the J/J groups loses, and vice versa. And of course, if she remains single or goes with someone new, then both groups lose.

And despite what many people seem to think, we are probably not going to read or hear anything about the gap between the novels and the comics until AFTER the LOTF series has ended.

9. T-boy-wan

T-boy-wan Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2006
    nah, i'm more of a Jaina/Jag fan. Jaina will defeat Jacen, decide that something like that will never happen again declare herself first empress of the new Empire and marry Jag.

10. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    As long as Cal Omas looks like Peter Finch, I'll be chuffed.

Hang on...

11. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    For a minute, I thought you meant Peter Falk

[image=http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/adc/10102420A~Peter-Falk-Columbo-Posters.jpg]

"Right, Mr Solo, just one more question..."

What does he have to do to prove himself to you?

I thought i made it clear? Cripple himself from the waist down.

Either that or a terrible lightsaber accident involving his reproductive organs....

12. IamtheMaster111

IamtheMaster111 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    Seriously, it gets a little old when you post this same thing every time anyone says something about Jaina and Jag ending up together.

I can relate to Zekk, I was in pretty much the same situation for a few years(with out all the "star wars" stuff) and it really messed with me. Jaina doesn't care about him the same way he cares about her, and she won't. He needs to get a life without her at the center, or else he will never be a stable character, even if they did get married.

I guess too that i may want tem to go their seperate ways for my sake, I want to be comforted that he can move on and make it in his own and I can too.

Just sayin.

I would love a union type thing for that. It's something I've been waiting for since Stackpole introduced him in Ruin. I thought that ohe would be amazing for her. Iloved union, even with all it's crazyness, so I wouldn't mind it.

13. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    Funny enough...I'm surprised there aren't more people speculating that the Fel line is descended from Allana rather than Jaina. A political marriage between a Hapan Princess/Queen and an Emperor would make for a powerful alliance, after all. And we don't know when the Force-Sensitivity cropped up in the Fel line.

So far the only pieces of solid evidence we have for the Fels being descended from Jag/Jaina are:

The white streaks in the hair, which I assume are a cosmetic adornment, which hearkens back to Jag and his scar. Honoring the first Emperor Fel? Possibly...or maybe just honoring a revered ancestor from before the Fels became the ruling family. Jag could end up accomplishing a deed/deeds of great renown without becoming Emperor.

They're Force Sensitive. This could come from just about anywhere, or even spontaneously manifest.

On the "less solid" front we have the resemblance that the characters sometimes seem to share with the Skywalker/Solo line in certain depictions, but that can just as easily be people "seeing what they want to see."

As for evidence that they're not descended from Jaina, I submit the following, which is the big sticking point for me:
    If the Fels are descended from the Solo/Skywalker line, it seems odd that it wouldn't have been mentioned at all. It seems odd that Roan Fel or even Marasiah wouldn't be considered strong candidates to "take over the Jedi" if they're sharing Skywalker blood. It doesn't appear like Luke and Leia made any secret of being siblings, or that Luke made any secret of who his father was. Hence, unless the Fels are unaware of who their first Empress/the matriarch of the line is (which I suppose is possible if unlikely), they would be aware of their heritage in that regard. Unless the Solo/Skywalker that joined their line wasn't publicly known to be a member of that family...a criteria that Allana currently meets.

A lot of the info we've wanted to know about "Legacy" has fallen into the "well the characters really wouldn't have much reason to mention it in everyday conversation" sort of category. But the Fels being descended from the Skywalker line is the sort of thing that reasonably could have come up many times if the connection was there and publicly known (or at least known to the Fels themselves). I can't imagine that Marasiah or Roan wouldn't at least attempt to play up the familial connection to Cade when trying to sway him to their side....again, if they knew there was a connection. Sure it's a distant connection thanks to a couple generations of breeding, but for a guy that doesn't have any family left that he knows of, that's still a potentially powerful draw (yeah, Cade probably wouldn't go for it, but still).

So unless Jaina let Jag be a single parent and nobody knew she was the mother, or somehow changed her identity and hid her connection to the Skywalker line before marrying him, I'm leaning away from the Jag/Jaina as New-Imperial progenitors theory....even if it's a pairing I tend to prefer.

14. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    The best argument against the marriage of Allana - or her daughter - with some random Fel guy is that Legacy has confirmed that the Hapan Consortium still exists and is apparently neutral. It has not been overrun by the Sith and there is no evidence that it would have given any help to the Fel insurgency.

The only neutral power that has been brought forward as possible helper to Fel are the Chiss. If Roan Fel would be the son of a Hapan princess (or Queen) or would have been married to a member of the Hapan royal family, then one would think that the Sith and the Imps on their side would be very suspicious of the Hapans, far more than the Chiss. But the case is, that the only person who hinted to have a connection to Hapes is Cade Skywalker.

The only way I see that Roan Fel could be connected to the Hapans and the Sith leaving Hapes in peace is that he would have very bad relations to whoever rules Hapans now. Perhaps his wife died and her mother, sitting on the throne of Hapes, blames Roan for her death? Something like that.

15. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    J/J/Z = no one looses. It's one big happy family!

Well we have no idea how the Fel line has been passed down, or indeed anything about Allana's line. If we're talking about a younger daughter marrying, for instance Fel II and being the mother of Roan, then the Hapan crown would remain independent. Or say Fel II is really Roan's childless uncle and his mother was Fel II's sister and his father was Allana's son, that would work even better, considering how the Hapans place a lower level of importance on men. It would be like marrying off a younger daughter for political reasons. Historically while that encourages strong bonds, it's no guarantee of them.

We only have to look at our own fairly recent history to show that blood ties amongst royalty are no guarantee of support, especially in something as polarizing as siding with the freakin' SITH. So I wouldn't find it that weird if Hapes refused to play ball once that happened regardless of previous speculative relations between the two governments. At least Hapes didn't take up arms against Fel.

Not necessarily. Not if relationships between the two governments were cold. See above for discussion on blood-relationships not necessarily guaranteeing anything in politics. Also perhaps Hapes was one of the first places Krayt looked for Roan Fel and since it's now seven years later, he's satisfied that he didn't go to ground there while the Chiss are still being evasive.

The only way I see that Roan Fel could be connected to the Hapans and the Sith leaving Hapes in peace is that he would have very bad relations to whoever rules Hapans now. Perhaps his wife died and her mother, sitting on the throne of Hapes, blames Roan for her death? Something like that.

But in itself this shows that it's reasonably easy to come up with a reason why they might not be such great friends. Heck, perhaps Fel's hypothetica Royal Hapan parent was deformed or imperfect and never publically acknowledged as one of the royal line, but Fel II married for love. Or perhaps the Hapan Royal was banished, or exiled. Perhaps banished and exiled because she married Fel II. Perhaps it's a matter of simple political expediency - we all know that Hapes has a long tradition of murderous, practical and entirely unsentimental attitudes towards familial relationships.

The point is, we don't know, we won't know for a long time, but look how much fun it is to speculate! And I certainly don't think that there's anything particularly implausible about the Allana theory.

While I severely doubt she'll go her whole life without her parentage being revealed, and while I fully expect for her to have some sort of relationship with her grandparents, aunt and great-uncle, it's possible that her family ties will not be very strongly advertised for safety reasons.

Or, another possibility, Allana never ascends to the Hapan throne. I'm getting horribly Padme-ish vibes from Tenel Ka and without her mother and with her father, um, insane and a Sith, Allana's life expectancy on the throne wouldn't be very long. Perhaps the S

16. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Exactly. Potential for Maximum Lulz. I'm imagining an out-and-out parody of Union.

17. Jmacq1

May 20, 2005
    Of course, there's also the whole "Jag marries some other force-sensitive woman that isn't Jaina" possibility, too.

Given her near complete lack of romantic interest in either of her suitors in LotF so far, that's looking like another more and more likely possibility, as well.

Because honestly, if Zekk got killed or whatnot, I'm kind of doubting it immediately equates to Jaina falling into Jag's arms and suddenly wanting to settle down and make babies.

Then again, maybe Jaina takes after her Uncle in the marriage and kids department....

18. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    But would there be another woman for Jagged? If at this point he is not love of her life for Jaina, then at least he acts like she is the only one for him. Reminds me a bit of certain Anakin Skywalker, in fact...[face_thinking] Of course, Jagged seems to get away with it, because he succeeds in being less in the "creepy stalker" mode, even whe seems to be also very obsessed. Yet, would he be any likely to get over a rejection and find another romantic interest?:confused:

19. Jmacq1

May 20, 2005
    I think he's pragmatic enough to finally reach a point where he knows he'll never have her (if that's how it turns out).

Also pragmatic enough to accept an arranged political marriage if he knows that's the case. Might be loveless and miserable, but he'd suffer it with grim acceptance.

20. The_Pantless_Wookiee

The_Pantless_Wookiee Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 18, 2007
    Yeah, that's definely Jag, he'd accept it but I don't think he'll really be happy without Jaina.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Jmaq: The Hapans are a politically insignificant isolationist group that would carry no weight whatsoever with anyone. Tenel Ka is a nobody. Such a match would be insignificant, and I doubt that the daughter of Jacen Solo--who the Remnant seems to have a distinct antipathy towards--would make any sort of intelligent match for someone seeking to restore the imperial throne.

As evidence against Skywalker blood, you've cited an argument that no one has mentioned such ancestors at all. Do recall that HIH the Princess Sia's mother has never been mentioned either. Is it then a logical conclusion to say that HIM Roan Fel gave birth to HIH Sia through parthenogenesis? Hardly.

Further: you forget that Cade Skywalker and HIH Sia have had a discussion concerning their backgrounds. Even more important, he cited her as the one to unite the Jedi and the Imperial Knights--how would this be an important point unless there was some shared ancestry there?

22. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Interesting theory...[face_thinking] I remember reading once a novel by Dean Koontz - it was by him, I think - where a hermaphrodite impregnated herself/himself, and created a bunch of freak kids. Perhaps Roan Fel possess the best of both genders, so to say?[face_thinking]:p

23. Jmacq1

May 20, 2005
    And yet, Tenel Ka has more "royal blood" than Jaina Solo. Heck, she's got more than Jag. Nevermind that at the "present" of the LotF novels, the Imperial Remnant is a pale shadow of its' former self. A Hapan alliance gives them considerably more clout than they have "at the moment." Sure they can discard them later, but the Hapans were powerful enough to insure they retained relative autonomy at the height of the Empire. They're a recognized political entity that's actually managed to hold onto what they control. More than can be said of the Empire.

What the heck are you talking about? If your reading comprehension wasn't apparently ailing, you'd notice that my point was Skywalker ancestry is a topic that could and should reasonably have come up amidst the various meetings and comings and goings within "Legacy"....if it existed. Point out to me where a discussion of Sia's mother would be equally reasonable and logical within the context of the story so far? I'd imagine you'd have trouble. She's not relevant to the story (yet), whereas Skywalker ancestry clearly is.

Why wouldn't he mention it if the ancestry was there, then? Why doesn't Roan Fel use the familial connection (however distant) to try to convince Cade to stick around? Cade says she should unite the Jedi and the Imperial Knights, but why not then spell out the (supposedly) critical reason why she should be the one to do it, if it relies on Skywalker ancestry in her family tree? Logical answer: She doesn't have it, so there's no reason to mention it. Cade Skywalker is talking about her idealism and strength of character. If she were "just as much Skywalker as I am" I'm pretty sure Cade would have mentioned that fact. Heck, he'd have been ecstatic that there's someone else he can pawn his destiny off on.

24. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    For me at least, doing more than constantly pining over Jaina. Jaina is his life right now. He really needs to do more to define his character. And don't get me wrong, even though I support J/J, I honestly like Zekk. I want his character to be omre than the guy with Jaina or the guy who got rejected by Jaina. But right now that's all he's going towards. Jag is much more than that, so he's cool in my book.

And FTR, I don't want Zekk to die. I want him to move on with his life. Become a great Jedi. I would like to see him as Ben's Master after this mess is over. We'd get to see more of him for him, outside the context of Jaina.

25. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    As to the Fel I-Allana wedding, I doubt it because, unless Tenel Ka has changed political stances since Tempest, she's probably raising Allana to be a good GA-supporting Queen-mother some day, not the future Galactic Empress (Jello, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in some Imperial linguistic subtlety about what constitutes an empress).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.