main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY 2nd Anniversary Picnic

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by pacervader, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey Guys,
    As I've mentioned before we will be having a picnic to celebrate our 2nd anniversary on Saturday, September 22nd at Mike Miller Park in the same Pavillion as last year. The picnic will start at noon and go till 3. We will have food, games, prizes and tons of fun, also, you won't want to miss the big announcement. The picnic will be pot luck so please post what you can bring. We need chips, hot dog and hamburger buns, side items, desserts, and paper products. Also, if you have any sw collectibles you might want to donate for prizes please let me know. Please tell your friends and bring guests, this will be a great time and alot of fun! pv

2. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    You might be careful which paper products you ask for....I'll probably bring a dessert. Everytime I bring something else it's not needed. We already know Vader is Luke's father, Leia is Luke's sister, and Mace is better than Obiwan, what other big announcement could there possibly be? Snarf!

3. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Also, We will have the new club t-shirts so if you ordered any please bring the cash for them, thier gonna be awesome! The prices are S-XL $13, and an addtional $1 for each X up to 5X. pv

4. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    Big announcement? Don't tell me that you've gotten in touch with your feminine side a little too much and want to become Christina now instead of a Chris :D .

5. lil_trooper

lil_trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2007
    lmao, that would be a big announcment!!! i wish i could make it to this but i wont be moved down there til the week after. I do wanna get one of those shirts tho.

6. willismaximus

willismaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2006
    Can you post a map to the park? I think I know where it is, but I wanna be sure.

Oh, and the big announcement is that Val wants to start a "tibernium" mining business.
    *snicker*

7. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey guys,
    Here is a link to a map to the park, just click on it and you can zoom out to look at the route from anywhere you want.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&q=Marshall+County+Parks+Department&near=596+US+Highway+68+W+(Marshall+County+Parks+Department)+%4036.932247,-88.351915&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=36.932247,-88.351915&spn=0.009091,0.017166&z=16

Here are directions to the park:

From Paducah:
    get on 24 east up to exit 16. Turn right off exit onto US-68 and go about 10 miles. The park will be on your left just before you get to the Purchase Parkway and Draffinville. Once in the park, go straight thru the first INTERSECTION and go around a large curve and its the second pavillion on your left, across from the playground and ball fields. Bring lawn chairs and food, its gonna be a great time! pv

8. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey Guys,
    We had a great time at our 2nd anniversary picnic yesterday! We had a strong turnout and several new guests. I also resigned my position as president of the club and introduced Sean "Bubba" Roberts as the new president of our fanforce. It has been my great pleasure to have been the head of this ff for the past 2 years. We've had our highs and lows, good times and bad but have made it through each time with our love for Star Wars and this club intact. I'm looking forward to being a member of this group of fans and enjoying thier company for years to come. I also announced our involvement with the Paducah Symphony Orchestra's Music of John Williams event this coming February, more information will be posted in the months ahead. Everyone who came to the picnic received a very cool dvd made by our favorite boba fett, Chris Tilford. After the picnic, everyone came back to our house for mini's, food, and a great time. It was a fun day and I can't wait for next years. So thanks for a great two years everyone, and I hope we have a hundred more. pv

9. DarkWolf2k

DarkWolf2k Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2007
    It's your fav Leia postin under Qui-Gon's id. Congrats to Buba on his new position.....take that however u want. Sorry to c pv step down, but all good things must come to an end. Wish we could have made the picnic sounds like fun was had.

10. BubaFatt

BubaFatt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2006
    Well, everybody, I'll try not to screw this thing up too bad. But seriously, thanks to both Chris and Shannon for all their hard work these past two years making this a great fan force. I'm gonna do everything I can to keep it moving in a forward direction. For those of you who don't have it, my cell phone number is 270-366-3979 and I would be glad to answer any questions you may have or listen to any suggestions about the future direction of the club. I will try to post on a more regular basis to keep everyone updated on what's going on. As soon as the time and whereabouts for the October meeting are confirmed it will be posted on here, but it will be held on the fifteenth of october, and every third monday of the month thereafter unless otherwise posted. We will also continue to have a meeting every time there is a 5th saturday in a month for those members who can't attend meetings during the week, the next one being scheduled for the 29th of december. Thanks everybody for their help, both past and future, and I will do my best to be your servant, and not be so grumpy when running events. May the force be with us all.

11. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    You'll do great Bubba! I'm glad our site finally got updated. Looks like our new webmaster (-only) is on the job. But you gotta let go and change Bubba to the president. Please use the mid-question closup picture from Saturday.

Hey, if anyone has any probs with their DVD let me know and we'll either get it switched out or I'll burn another. Or tell you to get rid of your crap DVD player and get with the now. Yo!

Oh, and get your butt registered in the FF forums if you haven't already. Your input is needed and when it's not we'll tell ya! We've got a lot of work to do in the next couple of months and we'll need everyone's help even if it's just to sit there and be an extra. K? K!

12. willismaximus

willismaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2006
    you realize your title says "chatper" rep . . .

I know, picky picky . . .

13. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Whoops. Fixed that. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.