main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON 2nd annual Celebration

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lord_Robert, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    Ok as we talked about in our last meeting the date will be Sunday May 18, 2008.

This is the same as last year only better. It's a week before the long weekend so we don't have to pay for the park, we just have to be the first ones there. As we desided before it's a Sunday so hopefully we can get people from other groups this year.

Last year we had over 125 people so this year we should set a goal to double that. It will take a lot of team work planning and work but we can do it.

2. darthsolvo

darthsolvo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2007
    awesome id love to help any way i can

3. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Well for starters we need those foam sabers again from the dollar stores. If everyone can pick up a few. I picked up ten already.

4. darthsolvo

Feb 13, 2007
  5. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    If anyone has any ideas on what we can do lets hear them.

There is 3 items that we can sell; pillows, helmets ant t-shirts at the celebreation to make money and good news if we don't sell them there we can sell them at the video store after.

6. DarthPapa

DarthPapa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2007
    Which Dollar store did you get the sabres at?
    I'll ask my boss where he got his t-shirts done and try to get a chance to call and get a price.
    Proably looking at a minimum of 50 to get any sort of deal

Darth Papa

7. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Sounds good.

I printed of what I can get from costco and I'll bring it on Sunday.

Also, does anyone know someone with a cube van or small truck that we can use for May 17 & 18th?

Oh, and the sabers I have been getting at the dollar store accross from Canadian tire on Dundas, but most of them have them.

8. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Ok, I have London Rogues t-shirts!

9. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Hopefully the date is not a problem for me, that's the weekend I usually am at Camp. I haven't been asked yet to go, so we'll see.

10. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    OH, NO!

It's going to be so much bigger this year. That's why we made it Sunday and the week before the long weekend.

11. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Not sure if it's in your budget.. but here's a pretty good line for Cheap lightsabres... http://glowspace.com/LED_Expandable_Sword.htm ... Something for lightsaabre training for the Kids perhaps... (Volume Discounts Available - Save 50% when you buy 24 or more LED Swords. so they'd be $2.19 each)

I was at a Buffalo party where they had about 10 kids line up for training... and they timed it so when the training was done (a routine for a mock battle) Vader appeared looking for new future recruits... he then fought them one by one (using the routine taught)... the kids loved it!... then after they all had a turn dueling vader, it was picture time!... You can probably use that as an excuse to have them visit your site to get the pictures of the Kids...

12. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    They did that at MGM Studios too. Very cute when the lightsabers are bigger than the kids!

IF i get asked to chaperone at the May youth event, I'm sure I can leave for a day...

13. darthsolvo

Feb 13, 2007
    that would be awesome, maby we could sell them for 5-bucks a pice and we could put a london rogue stiker on it
    but maby thats just the capatalist in me speeking

14. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    The problem is the in the day light you can't see the colours. It would be cool for a night time thing. Maybe like that thing they had in Toronto last November, with the neon lights and colour tubes. It just has to be dark to do it well.

15. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah maybe this time we'll have a bit of control on the crowd. It was a nightmare when I went there for the thing.

16. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    It's not about lighting them up... it's about training the little ones to "fight" Vader... The event I was at with the training was durning the day... and the kids loved it!...

( pics of the event http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/danmalcomb/december%20birthday%20party/?start=20 )

17. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Oh!
    For that we get the foam sabers from the dallor store. Less chance of anyone getting hurt.

18. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    But then you can't train them about "Turning on", or rather activating the lightsaber... need to be able to Extend!... lol with a flick of the wrist... then turning it off, folding it back in... making sure to remind the padawans that once they get a real lightsabre they wont be actually touching the blade like they are with the training sabers... lol

19. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    well i got some interesting donators for this years events. I have Jan Duuremsa, Joe Corroney, Micheal Attiyeah & Kevin J. Anderson sending us items. I'm just waiting to hear back from Brian Ching, and a couple of other people.

20. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    We need people to do some work getting things done for the picnic.

We have 200 book marks & door hangers to give out to kids, they need to be cut out.
    We have some more banners that need to be made. We now have 2 Empire & 1 New Republic made already.
    Most important we need peoples input as to what we are doing for the event.

21. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    well what worked out well last year? The kids enjoyed the saber tournament. We could also do an auction for the things dontated to us from the artists and writers.

22. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I don't think the Saber tournament worked nearly as well as you think it did, Brandon. The rules need to be set out better, preferably written on a poster, so everyone can see them, and there should be at least 3 marshalls for each competition.

I think some demonstrations would be a good idea, and maybe some fun games like a tug of war or a waterballoon toss.

Just some alternative ideas.

23. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Yes, the saber tournament will be last for the events. A demonstrations would be great!

"Tug of war" fantastic idea. lets make it happen.
    Water balloons are questionable as to some of the costume could get damaged. Can we control it?

24. Darth_Sniklefritz

Darth_Sniklefritz Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2006
    tug a war sounds like fun! You could have good VS evil

25. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    Maybe if we had a giant shield to keep veering water balloons away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.