main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON 2nd annual Celebration

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lord_Robert, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fantyx

Fantyx Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2006
    I'm talking to Scott, he might be able to get us an invite to do a walk at the Boys and Girls club.When is everyone free? The best times for the most coverage are midafternoon especially on weekends.

For the club, I think we need new cards printed up with the url, www.londonrogues.com instead of the direct link to this forum.

2. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    This week I'm available tonight after 5, but my car's at the shop, Wednesday, and any other day before 3, since I start work at 4. Next week, I start work at the same time, but I have Thursday and Friday off, but Friday I'm at Delaware Speedway, unless it rains.

I put up one of those flyers at work, and some people have said they're interested. Plus I have a new Yoda backpack that I bought on Free Comic Book Day that gets people's attention.

3. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    I was hoping to get out this Sunday about 4:00. If we could work out two trips this the last Sunday would be great. So who would like to do an noonish and who would like to do a 4:00ish?

4. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I'm up for noon.

5. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Tuesday we are picking up the prizes. 2 of the stores don't open untill 11:00 and there are 9 in total. So we could start as early as 10:30.

Who wants to go and can we do this in costume?

6. DarthPapa

DarthPapa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2007
    Noon is better for us but it's mothers day, so we won't be available for long.

7. Fantyx

Jul 26, 2006
    What all is going on this weekend for work, or walking?

No dice for the Boys and Girls club.

8. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Today I have to do some paper work for the event but I may go to the garrison latter.

The walk this weekend is Sunday at noon. We meet near the train station parking lot over by story book gardens. I should be there at noon but I'm going there from work downtown.

Yeah the boys & girls club would not like us because we have guns and sabers. It's that whole trubled teen and violance thing.

Tuesday we are picking up the prizes from the stores. I'm free all day so what ever time works for everyone else.

Wed & Thur. I'm free all day for getting things done. We need to take apart the AT-ST to get it out the door.

Fri. I'm free in the morning only.

Sat. I'm picking up the rental truck at 2:30 pm. but will still have to work untill 4:00 or 5:00 pm. There is a lot to load up and we should put the AT-ST back to gether before putting it in the rental truck. That 3 hours Sun. morning will go very fast. Last year we had 10 hour and we were still fumbling around trying to get thing right when it started.

Sun. I'm going to the park for 6:00 am.

If there is anything else that anyone can think of please say so.

9. Fantyx

Jul 26, 2006
    If I meet you downtown, could you give me a ride?

Also can you PM me with your cell number if you have one?

10. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I'll PM you.

11. DarthPapa

DarthPapa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2007
    We'll be there Sunday @ noon

12. CaptainCorbin

CaptainCorbin Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2008
    Ahoy all,
    I just wanted to say my family is looking forward to the Celebration on the 18! Is there a website with further info? I'm from St. Thomas, so all the info I've been getting is from these message boards, but so far everything sounds great. My two young boys are really looking forward to this. My youngest son Atrus is having his birthday ( turning 5 ) and that is our main reason for participating. He LOVES Star Wars, watches the movies almost every day, sleeps in the original 1970's bedspreads, has alot of figures (many are my originals) and keeps asking to meet R2D2! I told him today to get his lightsaber ready for Jedi training next week ~now I don't think I'll be able to get him to sleep for the next week!

I wish everyone all the success in the world with this event. I will see you all on the 18! Please let me know if there is anywhere I can find further information.

Magically,
    Mike Fisher
    a.k.a. Captain Corbin
    www.CaptainCorbin.com

13. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Welcome CaptainCorbin

Hey were you at the "We're All Stars"?

This thread is our main page for organizing the event out side of our meetings. Unfortunately the whole thing is put together on a shoe string bugget, so nothing is set in stone until the day of the event. We even have rummors between us on who and what will be there. However, there will be a 12' AT-ST.

14. CaptainCorbin

May 10, 2008
    Ahoy,
    Yes I was at "Were All Stars" at the same time as your group. I travel all over Ontario and beyond with my magical Pirate show. You can check out my website if you want more info www.CaptainCorbin.com

I'm sure whatever you guys put together will be quite a thrill for my son. He wanted me to get Darth Vader to come to his birthday party, but me and the wife thought Vader might scare the candy out of all the other 4/5 year old guests! Bringing him out to the park will be a thrill for him ( and we won't have a house full of little scared kiddies scarred for life after seeing Vader!)

15. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I remember the magical pirate!

I'm available every day (except Thursday) before 3 pm. I work till 12:30 though, so I won't likely be awake before 10. I'll see what I can do to help disassemble the ATST.

16. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Hey everyone check out Dan Brown's blogs today. blogs
    and please leave a comment. they wont keep pulishing for us if they don't get feedback.

17. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I'll be there... bringing my own two little girls... and I'll be bringing Troy with me for Sure! Alex I am working on... but there is no way to get R2 out reguarless... not that a park is good for little droids anyway! lol

18. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    That's cool! It's great that your bringing the kids, they're way more important. R2 can come next year.

19. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I really wish that I could come down for the event but i'm filming this weekend and the next 2 weeks are packed for me.

20. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    2nd Annual Star Wars Celebration
    Schedule

6:00 AM. We show up at the park.

Display tables. Run by Christine & Miranda

9:00 AM. The first events

-Tug-of-war. Run by John

-Sniper shot. Run by Tom & Robin

-Thermal detonator toss. Run by Mell & K-La

-Colouring contest. Run by Scott

11:00 AM. Lunch. Cooked by Bill

12:00 PM. Costume contest. Run by Janet

12:30 PM. Colouring contest finals. By Scott

12:45 PM. Address the crowd and give away the donation prize. By Robert. followed by a lightsaber show by Robin & Will and a second show by Chris & Scott.

1:00 PM. The second events

-Jedi/Padawan race. Run by Tom

-Trooper march. Run by Mell & K-La

-Lightsaber contest. Run by Chris & Janet & Robin

21. Fantyx

Jul 26, 2006
    Can everyone bring long outdoor extension cords? I can run the tournament without my laptop, but it will be easier to have it, if the power is turned on.

I do need a laptop for the rotoscoping though.

It's about 150-200 feet from the nearest plug.

22. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I can bring 1.

Also, we have an add in today issue of the Londoner.

23. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Here's the good news our sponcors

Neo Tokyo
    Heroes
    Worlds Away
    The Comic Book Collector
    L.A. Mood
    B.A.'s Comics
    City Lights Book Shop
    Forest City Coins
    Rainbow Cinema
    The Home Depot
    Author: Kevin J. Anderson
    Dark Hose Comics: Colorist Michael Atiyeh

also what Robin has.
    Plus London Rogues

Estimated value $700.00

24. CaptainCorbin

May 10, 2008
    Ahoy all,
    Looking good so far.
    If you are having power concerns I have a portable power generator that I would be more than happy to let you use for the day. It's a small one with two outlets, but I use it often when I'm performing at fairs and festivals and need something to run my microphone, music and sound system. It can handle a large sound system and a laptop for about 5 hours. That's the longest I've had to use it, I imagine with less drain it could go all day.

Let me know if you think you can use it and i'll bring it along.

25. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    That would be great if you could.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.