main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL 2nd Annual CF Anniversary Party and Line Reunion

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthJurist, May 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Hello all!

For those who are members of CF, check your email for info on the party, or check out the website.

For those who are not members of CF, WHY AREN'T YOU !!! (Remember, you don't have to be from Chicago to join our email list.)

Either way, everyone should haul eopie over to www.ChicagoForce.org to get the 411 and to RSVP.

I'll post more details here a little later, but the info is on the site now.

Later, vaders...

~H~

2. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Here's an abridged versoin of the email that went out.... more info is available on the website. ~H

It's that magical time of year again, the flowers are blooming, the sun is shining, and it's time for the 2nd Annual Chicago Force Anniversary Party and Line Reunion. Ok, so we're a little late, but this way you'll all be able to show off those spiffy Maul shorts that are hiding in the back of your closets. As an added bonus, this event also marks the official launch of our preliminary initial tentative preparations for (drum roll, please)... the EPISODE II LINE!

And for those who haven't checked in recently, find out about our recent events and our sithly plans to enjoy this summer to the fullest extent possible. For those that are confirmed lurkers (you know who you are), don't believe what those people said, come on down and find out about us for yourselves! Some upcoming events include Great America, picnics, charity work, Sci-Fi cons and further down the line, the SW Celebration. We'll have information and calendars at the event. So please, park your speeder on the curb, take in the scenery and get involved. But remember, no ewoks or gungans, we just don't have enough play pens to keep them out of harm's way.

Details....

Where: Chesden's Pizzeria and Restaurant (4465 South Archer. Address, map and directions can be found at www.chicagoforce.org)
    When: Saturday, June 2, 2001. 5:30 to 8ish
    Price: About $10. price includes all you can eat pizza, salad, garlic bread, and drinks. Pitchers and drinks can be purchased at the bar.

Other than the pleasure of each other's company, there will be video entertainment courtesy of our own Matt Springer, and possibly SW pictionary. Chesden's also boasts an arcade (yippie!), pinball and free darts. And of course, there will be random prizes given out to random people for random reasons as some of us strive to clean out our apartments!

May the Force Be With You!

3. ScoobyDew

ScoobyDew Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2000
    Hey all,

I live in the far north burbs, and I plan on coming to the party on June 2nd. I have pretty good directions on how to get down there using public transportation. I'm going to be leaving from Waukegan (most likely). I was just wondering if there are any other CFer's that are coming to the party that would like to ride with me.

OR if someone from up this way (Gurnee, Waukegan, Kenosha, Lincolnshire) is driving, if I could ride along with you, that would be cool. I'd be happy to pay for some of the gas.

Scooby

4. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    (Heather backs up.... takes aim... three... two... one......)

BUMP!

I'll have some more info to post here tomorrow, but for now I'll just fire this up to the top of the heap.

Now I need an icepack.. ouch..

~H~

5. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Waiting with bated breath for new info (or am I really just bumping, you decide).

6. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Well, I figure I've tortured Femme for long enough.. here's a copy of the email that everyone should receive shortly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a reminder that the 2nd Annual Chicago Force Anniversary Party and Line Reunion will take place on Saturday, June, 2, 2001. Check the web site (www.ChicagoForce.org) for updated information regarding transportation, food, and our newly hatched plans to get a cameo in EPIII (hay, we can dream, can?t we?).

To refresh your memory, the party will take place at Chesden?s on South Archer near Kedzie. Dinner will cost approximately $10 and will include all you can east Pizza, Salad, Garlic Bread and non-alcoholic beverages. We?ll provide the entertainment, calendars of upcoming events and prizes. You provide yourself and your ability to effectively draw an AT-AT during SW pictionary.

Please RSVP by posting on the CF board. If you have any questions, please feel free to email info@chicagoforce.org or post them on the boards.

7. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Will "Luke, I am your father." be making a return to the Pictionary game? :D

8. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Jeff, I'd love some suggestions for SW Pictonary seeing as I volunteered to make up the words/clues. However, since it would spoil all the fun, please email them to me. I can even name your clues the "JediJeff Specials" :)

Are you coming or are you still a definite maybe?

~H~

9. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm putting up a link to the RSVP thread at our site here. I would have done this earlier, but I was attending a wedding in New Orleans this past weekend.

There are a few that we haven't heard from. JediGemini, JediLars, Obi-Dawn Kenobi? Are you guys going to come out and party?

Phil

10. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Jurist, I just want Bosh to remind us all, as well as show all the new members, just how that phrase is acted out.

But yeah, I'll see what my feeble, deranged mind can create and I'll email you my ideas.

And oh yeah....barring something bad, I'm there on the 2nd.

11. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Sorry guys, but your favorite Gemini won't be able to drive her butt two hours to join you. Ah, well. Maybe next time!

12. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Dont know yet?! I might be helping move my sister-in-law, I will let you know.

JediLars

13. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    .....You sister can move herself. You will be there on the 2nd......

14. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Hey, Jeff! What up?

So, you got some pictinoary suggestions for me or what? Well? Slackn? off again?

Hehe. Anyway, if you come up with any, let me know. The party is this Saturday, just in case you forgot.

Heather
    (Heavily caffeinated and loving it :p )

15. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Well, less than 20 hours to go. Can't you feel the excitement? Even the Ewoks would be hard pressed to celebrate the love as much as we will.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.