main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA 2nd Annual Commonwealth Cantina Cookout Saturday, August 4th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by James3, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    That time is fast approaching. Julie will be chiming in on this as well.

I was also going to invite our buddies from the Garrison as well as Freedom Base. Y'all ok with that?

Mark your calenders and give a post to say your coming. Bring the Family, bring your frinds, bring the neighbor's dog if ya want we will have outside stuff and inside stuff and of course if it rains we have room in the house. (Yes, all the kids including Tony get thrown up in the playroom) New members, old members, come on out and have a dang good time.

2. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    Sounds like a plan..I will put it on my calendar....right now you can count on 4 from my clan.
    do we need to bring food or other stuff besides ourselves and family?

3. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
    ill be there . total 5

4. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    You know my clan is there. Invite whomever you want James, its your house! The only requirement is that they are Star Wars fans ;)

Typically as we get closer we would start to plan on some things to bring so a) we all dont bring the same things and b) cuz James shouldn't have to feed all our sorry butts.

James, many thanks for opening you house to our group and their families again.

Luke and Paul, I hope you can come up with some more great party games!

5. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Still debating the whole food thing. We will certainly be doing the grill thing. (Burgers, Brats, and Dawgs) Julie and I were also talking about doing a Cajun style boil as well. [face_devil] Anyway, lots of options we are still going over.

And yes Joe, we WILL have desert nachos. :cool:

6. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Cajun style boil... maybe its just the fact that I am an ex NY-er, but I have no idea what that is, I just know it scares me.

7. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Life is good when ya try something new. [face_dancing]

8. Tetmatek

Tetmatek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2005
    WHOO HOOO!

You Know my squad will be there!!

These party's are what it is all about!!

9. Julie3

Julie3 Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2006
    Alright, if we're doing this, I don't want this thread to get buried. Sounds like you're still sorting out this month's stuff, but don't forget the cookout is less than a month away. Don't forget to put it on your calendars! Last year was a lot of fun and really kicked off all this craziness you guys have going on here.

I know a lot of you have been to the house before, so for those who haven't and are planning on coming, please PM James for address and directions before the time comes. We are off of Midlothian Tnpk near Powhite Pkwy.

We will be doing some sort of participation meal, as in you'll be bringing something, I just haven't decided quite yet what that will be. :) I'll have the basic menu down and ready for sign-ups soon. If you or your significant other have any input you'd like to give, any food suggestions, any themes for this year's party, feel free to email me thetrettels@hotmail.com. Just please don't go through James as I will most likely never get the message. :)

Some possible theme ideas....

Mexican Fiesta
    Cajun Boil
    Traditional hamburgers and hotdogs
    Luau... pig and all
    Texas Style... lots of beef!
    Straight up pot luck
    and whatever else anyone would like to throw out.

Not Star Wars enough?? Give me a theme to work with! :)

10. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Is Cajun Boil similar to that stuff Yoda was cooking that Luke made the face at when he tasted it??

Will we be playing pin the tail on the Bantha?

Will we have some sort of videogame elimination round tournament to crown an overall winner?

11. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    How about Cantina Craziness.....ie. Pot Luck
    otherwise we are up for anything....as long as there are other things besides pork
    we dont do the Miss Piggy thing.

12. Julie3

Julie3 Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2006
    No problem on the pork, we always have plenty of variety and are used to accomodating non-pork eaters and veggies too. :)

13. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Man, it just seems I havent been able to get in sync with you guys over the past couple months. As much as I want, I wont be able to attend. You see, Aug.1 is my BDay! PLUS Aug.1 is my youngest daughters BDay who will turn two. SO, that Sat. (of course) the family has planned a grand cookout/party. Since we have about 40 people in the family who've said they're coming, It'll be an all day affair and knowing certain family members, probably will run well into the evening. Wish I could make this but now ya know why.

14. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Bummer, but certainly I understand.

15. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    So what time are we starting this little shindig? and did we decide on the theme/cooking style?

16. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Why don't we all just go over Troys then? ;)

17. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    From what I have heard his house is cooler then mine. :cool:

18. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    His house is like Skywalker Ranch, but a little smaller...

Ok only a slight stretch of the truth... ;)

19. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Troys house is sooo big.... <<fill in the rest>>

20. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Dang! I can't wait! There will be some good eats up in here.

So, sound off people! That's right I'm calling you out.

21. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    I'll be there with Rachael and our daughter, what can we bring?

22. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Joe's got the place! Secluded from the little people of the world, well off the road, his property includes all the trappings to be expected of a Bank Vice President. Seriously, I hope you all have fun at this event. It'll be here before ya know it. Man, I like to eat....and it shows!!

23. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Troy, my place is like your kid's outside playhouse. I knew I should have gotten into sales...

If there is one thing I know about James' party, its that there will be LOTS o'diet coke!

24. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    So exactly where is the cookout going to be?
    As far as we know...I will be there with the family
    Just need directions

25. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    It will be at my house, Joe was just messing with Troy a lil' bit.

Julie will be posting the sides deal here soon. She REALLY wants to decorate with a theme and the Hawaiian thing is winning.

As for food I am thinking Beef, Chicken, Pork, and Fish. Of course we will be planning a wicked awesome Veggie deal too! :D

I am hoping that will cover everyone's tastes and for those that have done this with us before, y'all know that Julie and I ain't happy 'till everyone is stuffed. For those of you that have not done a get together with us yet, all I can say is come hungry, thirsty, and ready to hang out and have fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.