main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast 2nd Annual Northeast Saga of Star Wars Partay!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediFonger, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    halo,

a bunch of local FF chapters combined and had a really nice time watching episode i through vi (including both volumes of clone wars, but that can be discussed below) in someone's home cinema+front screen projector. we did that in last june (2005). we all felt that we needed to continue this sort of tradition&sorta' keep rekindling the fandom alive for the years to come.

thus, it is now 2006 and coming closer to may-june (the opening months of all 6 star wars films). i think it would be awesome if all of us did, indeed, continue the tradition. it's a very symbolic time and it can, potentially, be one of those "Celebration-like" events but for the Northeast region.

enouguh blabberin'.

1. Place. the first item we need to establish is someone's house. it needs to be pretty big to accomodate so many people. don't worry about equipment (although it'd be preferable to have HT there already). i prefer somewhere in MA because it's equidistant from ME, RI, VT, NH, CT, NY, etc. can someone volunteer their place? you know i would if i had the room, but i can barely fit myself.

2. Time. i'm thinking the weekend of 5/20-21, 5/27 (memorial day weekend) or 6/3, etc. i prefer the memorial day weekend. to many of us, memorial day weekend is almost a star wars holiday. a time of reflection on many issues and memories past. i think people can genereally sustain only 3 episodes a day so, i-iii on saturday and iv-vi on sunday sounds better than all 6 in 1 day.

3. Travel. since we're expecting a fellowship (har har) from many places, it's preferable to carpool together.

if people don't respond by end of April, then forgetaboutit =(. let me know by posting a reply in this thread with a possible place, time and if you can attend&how many people.

2. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Sounds like a lot of fun! I actually held a 1-6 party at my house with some friends last Monday... Good time! I possibly might be able to make it... mostly depending on distance.

3. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    ME is only a stone's throw away from MA =).

4. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I would love to do this but I am going away memorial day weekend. :(

If it was another weekend in May I could do it.

5. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    You might want to post this on the New Hampshire board too, Fonger. ;)

6. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I agree with DL, Memorial Weekend is probably not the best time to do this.

7. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Don't think I'd be able to attend as a 6-ish hour drive to MA while I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant just isn't a good idea :p. Actually, a drive of any distance probably won't be in my plans for that weekend. [face_laugh]

~Doc_Bev

8. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Ahh, no. That does not sound like a good idea at all. Congrats on the impending arrival of the little padawan D_B! Do you know if you're having a "Luke" or a "Leia" or is that something you want to be a surprise? Has the doctor been able to give you an accurate Midichlorian count yet? ;)

9. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Thanks!
    We're saving the gender as a surprise like we did for our first baby. The midichlorian count too. [face_laugh]

~Doc_Bev

10. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I wanted to say congrats as well to ya on the upcoming arrival of another padawan.

I might be able to do this, but I think I will only do the OT movies and not the prequels. The prequels really didn't do it for me. Plus with my work schedule (2 jobs working 6 days a week) I will need to spend some time with the wife if not I won't have any lil wookiees running around any time soon. lol

11. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    This sounds like a fantastic idea but, I can't do June 3rd. The eldest Padawan's dance show is that weekend and rehearsals begin just after Memorial Day.

I would really like to see this happen though. What a great thought!

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Here is something that is going on in Pittsburgh in April at the Comicon

On Saturday they are showing all the Star Wars movies back to back in the movie marathon room. Plus they are showing a Star Wars Fan Film after Aotc. If you have down time on saturday that would be the room to check out.

SATURDAY April 22, 2006
    10:00 am
    PHANTON MENACE (PG)
    12:30 pm
    ATTACK OF THE CLONES (PG)
    3:00 pm
    Encore Presentation: STAR WARS FAN FILM: REIGN OF THE FALLEN
    4:00 pm
    REVENGE OF THE SITH (PG-13)
    6:30 pm
    A NEW HOPE SP. ED. (PG)
    9:00 pm