main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY 2nd Annual Salt City Picnic

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    woohoo!
    Cool!
    see ya then!

I posted directions on yahoo for everyone to read...so double check your mail :)

2. WebsJedi

WebsJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2002
    Here's a big reminder:

Bring fold out chairs! Who knows if we'll ahve enough bentches, so if you don't want to sit on the ground, bring a chair :D. I'm bringing my rocking chair *sagely nod*.

-K

3. Britany

Britany TFN Staff star 1 VIP

Nov 13, 2000
    Can someone let me know where this picnic is taking place and at what time. I've briefly scrolled through this thread but couldn't find the info.

4. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Hi britany!

Are you planning on joining us tomorrow? :)
    That would be great!

Pm me for directions if you would like to attend :)

5. Britany

Britany TFN Staff star 1 VIP

Nov 13, 2000

I doubt I'd make it in time flying from the UK, lol :D

I just want to add the info to the Fanforce newspost on TFN :)

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    :(

perhaps next one then eh? ;)

7. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Britany.....please come...I don't want to be the only Brit!!!

Jez!!! What I would do right now for some fish and chips

8. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Oog....fish...*pats stomach* I'm not one for fish. And it depends on the chips ;)

9. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    First of all I would like to thank everyone that attended todays BBQ/picnic. I don't know about everyone else but I had a good time. I know that we didn't have a meeting, so I think we should arrange for one in the near future.

10. LilLadyVader

LilLadyVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2000
    Hear, hear - I had a great time too! I'm bummed I'll miss the September gathering, but I'll be raring to go in October - see you all then, if not before! (8<]> My attempt at a Vader smiley, Carrie

11. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    A fair attempt. I must admit that the first portion of the day went smoothly- that is, the part with you guys. The BBQ was great, and the games... not to mention the pinata ;)

The second part brought with it the absence of filming next week. Th person coming up with the camera has strep throat, so his mom said he isn't coming.

Not to be a downer... how to cheer this up...

Did you know that pants are the key to Star Wars?

12. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    I mentioned this at the picnic and lilladyvader wanted to see this:

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/museum.cgi?Museum=Prequels/Episode_3/Posters/mg-ep3poster.jpg

This comes from a spoiler that Anakin will have a slightly 80's hairstyle...I personally LOVE the clone fighters!!!

Also, for Ians sake:

http://www.jedimaster.net/swk_videos.htm

:)

13. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Ugh. Not the Star Wars Kid. Leave him alone, for God's sake. He's a whiny brat who won't take it in stride, let's not shove it down his throat.

14. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay, I've started work on the pictures we took. Some good ones! I've got two of Ian with his double-bladed saber and one of me with mine done. strawbary, what color do you want your pinata saber to be? It's just that one, one of Raef, then on to the short WebsJedi vs. Darth Arjuna duel ;) That one'll be a day's work, maybe longer, but Ian's and mine are ready for uploading at a moment's notice (just gotta convert to jpegs from bitmaps).

15. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I think the star wars kid is kewl( in a geeky sort of way) at least he tried to do something.

Done the pics of me? do you mean you have added lights to the pics? Very kewl

16. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    He should be in epi 3, dude. I mean, NSYNC was in one (even though I like them, others don't...so spam me) so why shouldn't this poor guy?

Here's an argument I've heard off of this:

If NSYNC, who is horrible on purpose and brags about it, can get into episode two, then why can't the star wars kid, who is horrible on accident and is ashamed of it, get into episode 3?

As for why NSYNC got into spisode two, star wars could only have benefitted from it. The real fans will still see the movie, and then they'll get fans of NSYNC comming to watch it, so it was only a benefit.

17. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    N*SYNC: Just another reason that Attack of the Clones was the worst of them all.

Karate: You wouldn't beleive how hard it is to get orange. I had to cheat a little by darkening the effect ;)

18. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok, ......first off....... ;)

remember if we are posting spoilers anywhere they need a warning ;) regardless of how funny haydens hair looks ...LOL

also......PLEASE dont turn the picnic thread into an NSYNC thread I think I will be sick ;)

and thirdly,........Andy what color would I possibly use for a saber?... PINK of course! ;)

*note* when posting picks of minors please get parental consent.
    You may want to upload them to the yahoo groups ;)

19. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    I was planning on e-mailing them to you so you could do so. Yours is real flattering, strawbary ;) I'll get to work on these last ones right away.

Edit: I kan't speel.

20. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Ooooh, hair, great spoiler! ;)

Pink....you're like my aunt, she had a pink saber too (long story, dun ask...) Pink....I think I'm going to be sick ...;)

21. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    http://www.geocities.com/projectapocalypse2666/ShePokedMe.JPG (Geocities Drill- copy and paste) <-- My aunt's pink saber.

All finished with the stills. Strawbary, you want me to e-mail them to you? They're 800X600 (or 600X800, depending on orientation) now, what size do you want the final to be? 300X400, IMO, is good for large versions.

*Sets to work on duel*

22. LilLadyVader

LilLadyVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2000
    OMG Raef that seventies poster is hysterical. Thanks for posting! -Carrie

23. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    I found that on www.padawansguide.com one time, it was so funny, I just had to mention it a few times :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.