main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2nd Cantina wave not to be sold in the US?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by RogueWompRat, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    I just saw it on the main page, Hasbro isnt going to realease the second set of cantina sets! The ones with Wuher and that Praying Mantis guy that i needed to complete my cantina diaroma with! Man, why did Wal-Mart hafta order a billion of those things per store? And why did they hafta realease the crappy repaint Ponda, Greedo, and Hammerhead ones instead of the cool ones? I am SO ticked off!!! :mad:

Im gonna go burn some plastic army men...

2. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    yeah,the first ones are allright,I don't have them. but I would have bought wuher if it had come out :(

3. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    That does make me really mad, I've been looking for those! GRRRRRR Hasbro really makes me mad sometimes.

4. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    Ah man,I would've at least bought Wuher! Well,it's Hasbro's fault,as well as Wal-Mart's,for ordering too many of the first series. If anybody is still looking for them,my local Wal-Mart still has a bunch. You're welcome to them.

5. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    There are probably 30 or more at my wal-mart

6. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Well, I can't say I'm shocked to hear this considering how poorly these sold (actually, I shouldn't say sold at all since every Walmart I go into still has a full display of these :p ) Walmart would have been crazy to do a second line. Still, it's a shame, I was really looking forward to the Praying Mantis alien. Let's hope these figures get released in some other way in the future...

7. Ret

Ret Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Boooo. No praying mantis.

Oh well. That's 30+ bucks we'll save.

8. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I bought all three of the first set, and would have bought all three of the second set :p

I am not surprised though, that they cancelled it. Bummer, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.