main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2nd Meeting Cancelled!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    WELCOME TO HOTH!!!! I hated to do it, but the weather is making driving dangerous. I just e-mailed "Force.net" that the second meeting has been cancelled. I hope everyone hears this before they try to make thier way through the snow. Please be careful if you have to go out today!!!!

There is still plenty of time for another meeting before Celebration II, I'll try to help before I leave for Rome.

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Okay, cool, thanks for the info Krash. :)

But now it looks like it is calming down.

What about having one later in the week? like Friday? or Thursday?

3. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm glad I peeked in here before I left. I was all ready to go and everything. Damn snow!!! It's frickin' SPRING! Man this weather is outta whack. So the question remains- when will the next meeting be? I'm off from work on Wednesday, but other than that my future looks dark and clouded for the rest of the week lol. "Welcome to Hoth", lol good one! Watch out for them wampas!

4. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Aw, and I had my tauntaun all saddled up and everything. :( Just kiddin. Safety is a top priority. I know this isn't a religious organization and all, but I know a lot of people are going travelling and have other plans now due to Easter coming up, so I suggest we just wait to have another meeting until Easter is over. But that's just my two pennies.

It would've been cool to have a mock Battle Of Hoth today though. hehe. Ok, so no one has any AT-ATs, AT-STs, ion cannons, blasters, snowspeeders, lightsabers, etc..., but we could've used snowballs and still called it the Battle Of Hoth.

5. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Dang, that would be so cool! :)

I'll just make sure that I keep a hold of my lightsaber just in case I come across any Wampas! :p

6. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Know what sucks? It's 6:30 now and the snow has stopped for a while, and the roads have cleared up, making it ok to have had the meeting. If I had only used the Force to see the future...but as Yoda says, always in motion the future is, hard to see it is. Or something like that :p

7. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    nah, snow is cleveland, and cleveland is snow, should have still had the meeting. BATTLE OF HOTH REINACTMENT WOULD HAVE BEEN SWEET!

8. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I told my mom that, and she said, "The roads still could be bad."

Uh mom, don't forget, our road is one of the last ones to get plowed... :mad:

Heh, going in the parking lot and having a snowball fight would have been fun. :)

That, or we could have crashed Krash and Padawan92's house. :D

9. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    "we could have crashed Krash and Padawan92's house" Ooooh, like nobody has ever used that on me before ;)

I'm glad everybody is taking this so well, I felt bad doing it...but I considered everyone's saftey first. I know some of you guys have a bit of a hike to get here, and I just didn't want anyone taking the chance with roads as bad as they were (at the time).

We should definatly wait until after Easter before having another meeting. Which means I'll see you guys when I get back.

10. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Ah, this explains why I didn't see anybody there. I knew I should have double checked to see if we were still having it.

11. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I just knew at least one person was going to show up anyway. Hahaha, oh well. Better luck next time Don.

On a side note, today's snow is worse than yesterday's! If the MW is Hoth, then C-Town is Echo Base!

12. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    It's cool, I picked up a couple books I was looking for and watched this really hot lady stare down some guys checking out her ass. That was funny, seeing them squirm.

13. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I know some of you guys have a bit of a hike to get here

That would be me. :D

watched this really hot lady stare down some guys checking out her ass. That was funny, seeing them squirm.

Sounds like you had a good time Don. :p

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Damn...I was hoping everyone would check the internet before heading out. Sorry about the late notice Don, hope the drive wasn't too bad :(

We should've had the meeting that weekend, there was a sports collectable show at Parmatown that weekend. Only one table had SW stuff, but Padawan92 and I got most of the preview figures there at a "reasonable?" price.

15. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I don't think buying a Zam and a Clone troopers for $10 each as reasonable when you can go to a Wal-mart and buy it for $5.99.

16. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Roads were fine. ODOT and the local salt crews were on the ball that night.

Don't sweat the late cancellation. Like I said I got a couple of books I was looking for. I would have been heading to Parmatown the next day, during the real bad snow if I hadn't gone Monday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.